Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I noticed: this thread is longer than the longest CFC thread "Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded".
EDIT: Noticed that "Welcome new members" is longer.

Actually RFC Europe's Playtesting Feedback Thread was bigger than this thread up until a month ago
Also, the biggest "real" CFC thread must be one of the FFH threads

EDIT: Yep, the main FFH2 thread has almost 10.000 posts

Hello

Le mod est-il traduit en français? Si ce n'est pas le cas, prévoyez-vous de le faire?

Merci, thanks

No, it's currently available in English only. I don't speak French (well enough) to translate it myself, but if someone else would be willing to do so, I'd include it.

J'avais commencé à le traduire, mais j'avais à peine fait les 2/3 de la traduction que la sous-version suivant arrivait... Alors j'attends que ça se stabilise un peu plus pour m'y remettre.
Translation : I began to translate it, but I was about at the 2/3 of it when the next subversion was released... So I'm waiting the mod to be a little more stable to do and finish it.

You could try translating 1.9 or something. I don't think that the SVN is going to stop changing for quite a while.

That's definitely a good idea. I'm putting off the German translation for the same reason.

Je peux aider avec le traduction. (I could help with the translation). As for German, I could help a little bit with that, as I know a lot of German speakers.

Oh, German is not the problem, I'm a native German speaker.

Oh, German is not the problem, I'm a native German speaker.

I've been learning German, but I'm still not too great; I wouldn't be of much help. Vocabulary's my absolute worst issue, I'm fine with grammar, I just don't know what to say. :lol: I'm a B1 and I need to be a C2 (if that means anything to you) to be considered fluent.

I could help out with the French translation I suppose. Also with the Spanish one, although I'm afraid it would feel too "Latino" :lol:

I could help out with the French translation I suppose. Also with the Spanish one, although I'm afraid it would feel too "Latino" :lol:

Nothing wrong with Latino! There's more Latin Americans than Spaniards anyhow.

If you are using Windows, look in (My) Documents > My Games > Beyond the Sword and you will see a CustomAssets folder. Look at the Properties and it should show 0 bytes, 0 files (there should be a complex tree of subfolders, but nothing in any of them).

If there is, then back up or delete those files.

(It's a way that you can change parts of the game just for yourself. For example, I sometimes change the names of 'Protestant Monastery', 'Islamic Temple' and 'Islamic Mosque' to 'Protestant Seminary', 'Islamic Mosque', and 'Islamic Grand Mosque' respectively)

I have deleted the CustomAssets folder, but still it does not work. I open the mod, and then a lot of windows about an error or something appears. I still can select my civilization but I cannot open the Civilopedia nor play a game. (Once I play the game, I immediately loose).

What could still be the problem if I have deleted the CustomAssets?

Nothing wrong with Latino! There's more Latin Americans than Spaniards anyhow.

Woah, really? And here I thought I was the only one... It's not like the languages are radically different, but the conjugation of the verbs and some words change slightly. Anyhow, yay.

two things, one Leoreth, you're a native German speaker? Out of curiosity where do you live?

Another, I was continuing on my Russia game, 1.9, the railroad fix worked and then I got another error message:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=332990&stc=1&d=1349690628

A bit curious on what this may be. I'm not running FM or Mercantilism, but I see the word "corporation" there. Is an event trying to run but not able to?

two things, one Leoreth, you're a native German speaker? Out of curiosity where do you live?
Münster, Westfalen :)

Another, I was continuing on my Russia game, 1.9, the railroad fix worked and then I got another error message:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=332990&stc=1&d=1349690628

A bit curious on what this may be. I'm not running FM or Mercantilism, but I see the word "corporation" there. Is an event trying to run but not able to?
That's part of the code that controls corporation spread, this particular part was triggered because you're running State Property. The mistake itself was a typo on my part, if you want to fix it, replace "iNumCorporations" with "iNumCompanies" in line 130 of Companies.py.

Actually I have been there too
Only visiting in Munster, but I was in Bremen for a semester (with Erasmus) ;)

This is a bit of a personal pet peeve, but it really bugs me that 2/3 of the nations in the game are still vassals by 1950. Is there someway that I, specifically, could make it so that all vassal states become independent and cannot be vassalized by a certain date? (Unless you want to add it to the full mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom