Auto-Annex and Cannot Delete Units Bugs?

kamikazees

Warlord
Hello,

I am playing with a fresh Steam Install of Civ 5 after taking several months off. Everything runs smoothly, but I am getting the auto-annex bug in some games. When I take a city, it sometimes annexes the city immediately without giving me the option to puppet or raze it. I've tried the old "press F6 and then left click the "Close" button trick, but that does not work.

Also, in every game I have been unable to delete any units. The delete option is there and makes the "click" noise when I click it, but the confirmation to delete does not come up. It is very annoying. I can of course gift military units to city states, but I often get stuck with a bunch of workers I cannot delete. Also, I am not able to change my caravans over to cargo ships since I cannot delete the caravans.

I have verified the integrity of the game files. I do not have any mods installed (although I did have info addict, if that makes any difference). Are these bugs related? Anyone else having them? Any solutions? What gives?

Thanks for reading.

I experience the exact same problem. I am not using mods either. I searched google, found many people with the same problem, but in those threads no fix was suggested. Any help would be appreciated :)

I have solved the problem. Incase anyone was wondering, it was an EUI folder I cut & pasted that the game was still trying to access.

I have solved the problem. Incase anyone was wondering, it was an EUI folder I cut & pasted that the game was still trying to access.
Hey, can you give more information about what exactly you did to solve the problem? You're the only person I've found that's solved this issue. Thanks!

Hey, can you give more information about what exactly you did to solve the problem? You're the only person I've found that's solved this issue. Thanks!

I had played around with game files and had accidentally left an old version of EUI embedded in my mod folder. After I got rid of it the game worked fine. If you want to know anything else just ask.

some mod to the UI I assume, I really dont remember. uninstall and delete the whole folder, any folder that has to do with CIV. thats what i did.

Top Bottom