Civ4 Save/Scenario/Map Editor

I am looking for a way to edit units using the editor. As I think I heard, it was impossible to load a save game file to mess with units and the like.

I have tried and got illegal line f error with
Exception
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.LoadHeader(Civ4PersistenceLoadContext context)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(Stream stream, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(String file, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.Wbs.WorldBuilderSave.Load(String file, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.LoadScreen.DoLoad(Object param)
at Civ4MapGenerator.TaskScreen.RunThread(Object host)

no either my filename is too long, or just doesn't work.

I have a problem with this program. I know that it's only supposed to work with worldmod saves, but when I try to use it on my 'greekworld' worldmod saves it never works. What happens is I edit the worldmod save, then try to load it up and I always get "you have been defeated" immediately when I login.

Anyone know what's up with that?

I'm having a serious problem with this program:

This morning I changed all the Civilizations and city names on Randland(a Wheel of Time map, I downloaded it here from this forum) to their appropriate Wheel of Time setting names. It all worked well, but I notice a few mistakes I had done, so I wanted to correct them. When I try to load my edited version of Randland into this program my computer(it's quite a good computer) starts lagging REALLY bad, and the program itself freezes on "Initializing". I restart my computer and try to load my edited version of Randland, but same thing happens again. I restart my computer(again), but this time I try to load another map. Not a problem at all. I try loading a couple of different maps, and they all work. Then I try to load my edited version of Randland again, and guess what happens. The computer starts lagging so bad that I have to restart it again. Does anybody know a cure for this problem? I really want to continue on this map...

So is the "F" problem fixed? Is there an update? If so, where can I get it please?

Here is what I get:

Illegal version line "f
Exception
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.LoadHeader(Civ4PersistenceLoadContext context)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(Stream stream, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Persist.Civ4Persistence`1.Load(String file, C concept, PersistenceTypeConverter converter, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.Wbs.WorldBuilderSave.Load(String file, ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.LoadScreen.DoLoad(Object param)

I have an error when I try to place a Unit.
I can't seem to choose what I want to place either.

"Unable to cast object of type 'Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Civ4Infolmpl' to type 'Civ4EditorModel.Wbs.Unit'

Angus Khan said:
After editing a file with your Civ4Editor was unable to edit the file in MapView. Any ideas? Thanks.

Apparently, or it is what Kswoll said, the Civ4Editor writes the lines in a way different than MapView. Maps created by either programs would work flawlessly, what I did though, is run the map created by the Civ4Editor in Civ, opened WorldBuilder and then saved the map. Your map would then work in MapView ;).

Will this utility program ever be able to edit a saved game in addition to being able to edit worldbuilder saved games?

When you select to work on a new map after having been working on another map it remembers the previous path. So when you select to save you overwrite the other non-related map.

Also setting tile size has a nasty habit of messing up the program.

A nice feature would be to be able to flood fill an area (like in a paint program). An even better feature would be to be able to set a legend for the background and to be able to initialize the map based on that information (there would still be work to be done, but it would lessen the mind numbing work of tracing coasts on a 500x500 map).

The screenshots don't work on the first page. Also, can someone tell me what this program can help you do with scenarios? Or is it just use to make maps?

Justinian519 said:
The screenshots don't work on the first page. Also, can someone tell me what this program can help you do with scenarios? Or is it just use to make maps?
The program's buggy, that's for sure. Now, I've only made maps but if it operates correctly it should let you create scenarios. There are a number of tabs that let you load a specific mod, place units and cities and customize nations and stuff. It loads faster and is somewhat easier to use (once you find your way around) than the game's built-in editor, but has a number of faults which I'm sure kswoll is toiling to correct.

Error of the new version of editor:

Parameter name: key

Stack trace:
ArgumentNullException
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.set_Item(TKey key, TValue value)
at Civ4MapGenerator.GameInfo.GameInfoProvider.LoadDescriptions(FileStream descriptionsFile)
at Civ4MapGenerator.GameInfo.GameInfoProvider.Preload(ProgressHost progressHost)
at Civ4MapGenerator.SplashScreen.Start(Object param)

Why?

I tried to run the program and it said that Civilization 4 is required. I have had it installed on this computer and played it for some time now. Please let me know if you have ran into this before and if you can think of how to fix it. Shane

Top Bottom