Download BUG and BAT Here!

Not quite what i asked?? Can you please be more specific, thx.

I thought you were asking about BUG and BULL as implemented in BAT. Your question is rather vague. What are you asking? I seem to have misunderstood you.

Curious, any chance the Xtras packs will work with 4.0 without having to be updated?....and thanks for the work y'all have done and continue to do on this.

The installers have been updated as of today. The extras packs are available for BAT 4.0

•*NEW* Water Mod 2.0 by Nitram15

Mixed feelings about this one. I'd grown very fond of the "blue" water from "Blue Marble". I don't know if I can go to something greener (even if it is more realistic) :). The new textures somehow seem less ... punchy.

Also, the Water Mod (or something else?) has a weird behavior when pressing Ctrl+T to show/hide the grid. It seems to flip between different sets of textures.

I'd grown very fond of the "blue" water from "Blue Marble".

Same here. Perhaps we just get set in our ways with such things but I may have to give up the new features for the previous aesthetics. However I don't want to seem unappreciative of the latest release and offer my sincere thanks for all those involved with what may often be a "thankless" job. You absolutely deserve to make it exactly the way you prefer.

I can't get Bull mod to run on Win 8.
As the path is "C:\Documents and Settings
<your user name>
My Documents
My Games
Beyond the Sword
CustomAssets"
However in win 8 the Documents and Settings folder is renamed users. It there a way to modify the path?

Mixed feelings about this one. I'd grown very fond of the "blue" water from "Blue Marble". I don't know if I can go to something greener (even if it is more realistic) :). The new textures somehow seem less ... punchy.

Also, the Water Mod (or something else?) has a weird behavior when pressing Ctrl+T to show/hide the grid. It seems to flip between different sets of textures.

Same here. Perhaps we just get set in our ways with such things but I may have to give up the new features for the previous aesthetics. However I don't want to seem unappreciative of the latest release and offer my sincere thanks for all those involved with what may often be a "thankless" job. You absolutely deserve to make it exactly the way you prefer.

I'm sorry that you fellows don't like the water. Unfortunately, I don't think Nitram15 made a blue version, and I don't know how to edit the textures myself. :(

<your user name>
My Documents
My Games
Beyond the Sword
CustomAssets"
However in win 8 the Documents and Settings folder is renamed users. It there a way to modify the path?

You might need to get your hands dirty and expand the range of possible paths in pypaths.py file (not 100% sure that is the right name).

<your user name>
My Documents
My Games
Beyond the Sword
CustomAssets"

Same deal in Windows 7, but it works fine for me. Just open your Documents Library and the "My Games" directory should be present there.

<your user name>
My Documents
My Games
Beyond the Sword
CustomAssets"
The other thing to keep in mind is that BULL cannot run from the mod directory under the user directory. It has to be installed in the mod directory under the 'program files' (or similar) directory.

Same deal in Windows 7, but it works fine for me. Just open your Documents Library and the "My Games" directory should be present there.
I did the same setup for my Win 7 Laptop. In Win 8 the "My Games" directory is located under a different route. I recall the same problem that had happened when I installed BAT Mod on my Win 8 PC. As the game didn't launch.
The other thing to keep in mind is that BULL cannot run from the mod directory under the user directory. It has to be installed in the mod directory under the 'program files' (or similar) directory.
I installed BULL as stated in the Read Me file.
C:\Documents and Settings-<your user name>-My Documents-My Games+Beyond the Sword-CustomAssets
I believe the problem can be solved as fixing the path. However I do not know how to modify the files.

I installed BULL as stated in the Read Me file.
C:\Documents and Settings-<your user name>-My Documents-My Games+Beyond the Sword-CustomAssets
I believe the problem can be solved as fixing the path. However I do not know how to modify the files.

If the BULL read me file says that then it is wrong. Are you sure you aren't reading the BUG read me file? BULL requires a special DLL and the DLL does not work if installed under the my docs directory.

If the BULL read me file says that then it is wrong. Are you sure you aren't reading the BUG read me file? BULL requires a special DLL and the DLL does not work if installed under the my docs directory.

I haven't looked at the file recently, but that WAS true back in 2006-7 but isn't after BtS came out, at least i think so.
All needs to be in the regular mods directory
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
if Win 7 64 bit is used and
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
for all others used.

BAT Mod 4.1 Released

This is a repair release, and is identical to BAT 4.0, with the exception that there are no extra animals, and the ocean water has been restored to blue after some user concerns.

Fixes:

- Removed extra animals. Only the standard BTS animals are available now.
- Altered Nitram15's Water Mod 2.0 to have Blue Marble water.
- Repaired bug where peaks would show different art when the grid was selected.
- BUG and BULL versions now display correctly.

The link is here: The BAT Mod 4.1

By request, here are a few screenies:

Spoiler :

whoa! I did not even know 4.0 was released yet. Great job, Lemon! ;)

One issue i have with the sourceforge DL site that there isn't a way to show SHA checksums of the files. (At least no easy one.. i looked an even googled for solution, coulndn't find it).

Then when you click a DL link you are redirected to one of their mirror servers. What i then often do is i DL the file from 2 different mirrors and compare the files.. but this is bothersome..

I suggest it would be a good idea to include a checksums for the files together with the link to it on sourceforge here.

One issue i have with the sourceforge DL site that there isn't a way to show SHA checksums of the files. (At least no easy one.. i looked an even googled for solution, coulndn't find it).

Then when you click a DL link you are redirected to one of their mirror servers. What i then often do is i DL the file from 2 different mirrors and compare the files.. but this is bothersome..

I suggest it would be a good idea to include a checksums for the files together with the link to it on sourceforge here.

I'm not familiar with SHA checksums. How does one generate them?

Pardon me if this is common knowledge that I lack, a question that has been asked and answered before, or clearly should be asked in some other thread/forum.

Is there a way to take a savegame created by vanilla BTS and open it in BUG/BAT/BULL? I want to play along with a shadow game in the strategy forum, but can't imagine playing without B/B/B.

Yup, that's very possible. All you need to do is to install BUG/BAT/BULL into your CustomAssets folder and not load them as mods.

Top Bottom