Votes: 53 40.5%
  • Sidar

Votes: 25 19.1%
  • Svartalfar

Votes: 45 34.4%

• Total voters

Zechnophobe

Strategy Lich
So, in the other Poll thread, I didn't think we really asked the question the way we wanted to, so I'm posting this differing one to try and ascertain better information.

Please vote for each civ that you play on a regular basis.

Can you still change that poll?

I think Illians aren't worth the slot, since you can only play them, when choosing a random leader (?) and they get a lot of fancy stuff in the next version anyway.
Moreover I'm missing Infernals and Mercurians, although you can't choose those two at the start, but that's not the point of this poll, is it?

Illians, well, I was thinking ahead for Friday to be honest. Though we can take their results with a grain of salt. The thing is though, that by letting you vote for whoever you want, we don't lose any data by putting on a choice that we realize couldn't have been voted for.

Infernals and Mercurians aren't really on the same scale of things. They aren't designed to be a playable part of the game in the same way other civs, so we aren't nearly as worried about whether or not they strike you as worth playing as. I guess the way I see it, Mercurian or Infernal switch to, is more of a strategy that you could employ during a game, and a less a choice of which civ you are playing.

Although I chose the Amurites, Khazads, and the Malakim, I've hardly played 'enough' to say who my real favorites are. Though, with my comparitive success with the Khazad, I can firmly say that I much prefer there style of setting up and maximizing there building potential. Amurites, not all that good with really... Just like the stuff they have. And then the Malakim, ohhhh boy. Making the best of an apparent bad situation was, to say the least, interesting.

"We" aren't nearly as worried? :D

Good thought about the Illians, but unfortunately noone can vote twice.
Some might wait another week before voting, some not, but for sure it will blur the outcome and result of the poll.

That's a good point about Mercurian and Infernal, but as I suggested that depends on the point of the poll, so what is the point? Don't you wanna figure out, what civs appeal to the ppl most?
At the moment some civs might get votes, because ppl like to use them to beeline to Infernal or Mercurian, although they won't really use all the appealing features of those civs to get there.
Was I supposed to vote for Sheaim, because I like to play Hyborem?

If you want to that would be fine. But considering that they are fundamentally different than the others, we can't really use the same measurement of them. It would be like trying to poll people on which option they use to get to work, and list both the types of vehicles you use and the routes you take, on the same poll. While you may want a diverse number of usable routes, and a diverse number of vehicles, they aren't measured in the same way.

Well, it's too late now anyway to change the poll, but Kael said:
Instead I like polls that ask what peoples favorite civs are. Then see what civs turn up the least frequently, those are the ones Im interested in fixing.
Since I'm assuming that the discussion in the other thread made you open this poll, I don't understand why you used "choose to play" instead of "favorite civ". In my opinion "favorite civ" also applies to Hyborem and Basium and I think Kael might also be interested, wether ppl like those two or not. I at least don't have fun with the Mercurian and think they could use a little more fancy stuff.

Any chance of upping the Kurios number of cities allowed?? I do it manually but it seems that maybe this will put some of playing one of the more different civs.

Any, I must admit as I always start with a random civ. Most of the time I decide on the victory, before I know the civ. Gameplaywise I prefer the Lanun and the Balseraphs for flavour reasons.

Amurites, Balseraphs, Sheaim, and Sidar for the most part. I like to give every leader a try now and then though. I probably play the Bannor, Malakim, Doviello, Khazad, and Clan the least.

Clan, Kuriotates and Sheim, also sometimes Luichuirp and long-long ago my favorite civ to play was Amurites (FFH versions =< 0.23).

Amurites, Bannor, Grigori, Hippus, Khazad and Ljosalfar are mine.

Huh... I must really be into neutrality... :p

In truth I've only played Bannor a couple times. I like their art, though, and would probably play them more often if they had a bit more going for them.

I chose Sidar, Calabim and the elves but this has very little to do with their power, and almost only to do with their flavour.

I choose Hippus, Malakim and Doviello ( Mahala, I don't like the barbarian trait) because they're the most fun to play ;)

I've pretty much chose them all except
Doviello - had a very short game with them, didn't do anything for me but intend to give another go in .34
Elohim - tried them pre .33 but they just don't appeal
Grigori - tried a couple of times, but tend to miss the religious aspects too much and find it frustrating when Heroes snuff it
Illians - had a random result once, but died within 10 turns after straying near the Pristine Pass! Will definitely try in .34
Ljosafar - Personal taste, I've always sided with the Dark Elves!
Luchuirp - I simply can't get a good feel for their mechanics, whilst recognising their difference to other civs as a positive for the game

Yeah, it would have been good to include a choice of Random.

I use the random civ generator because I enjoy getting surprised by my civ and starting location each time. However, I have to say there are a couple of civs I will not play. I don't play the Lanun because I use a mostly land map. I don't especially enjoy the civs with the Barbarian trait so the Clan and Charadon are out.

Also, I only use the Elohim/Einion Logos when a new version of FFH2 comes out. I find that I can win an Altar victory with them at any level of difficulty and the temptation is just too great to do that when I play them.

I must admit that I am particularly happy when the random civ generator chooses the Grigori, Calibim, Balseraph or any civ with the Raider trait for me, though. ;)

I pick only Sheaim because they are the most interesting to me.But i have also played more often Balseraph and Ljosalfar.I usually don't play only with Doviello and Hippus because i don't find them really fun.

Amurites, Doviello, Bannor, Khazad, Elohim, Sidar. I read somewhere that many here have an unhealthy fascination with Alexis and Faeryl. Would you play less Calabim or Svart if they had other leaders? :)

Wow, no one likes those Doviello, huh?

I'm surprised anyone voted for the Illians, seeing as they're still technically not available to play....

... and oddly enough, more people voted for the civ that you can't play than the Doviello! WTH?

Top Bottom