Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

BUG will not work with other mods unless they have been specifically merged with BUG. In those cases you need to disable BUG when running those mods. To do this, modify their INI file (in the mod's folder and named for the mod) using Notepad and change IgnoreCustonAssets to 1.

Where can I find the INI file?

In the folder of the mod that is affected. There are two "Mods" folders: one where you installed BTS and another in your "My Games" where BTS stores your saved games.

I just wanted to give a big thanks to all those who created/maintain the Bug Mod!! I just got it working yesterday, and I LOVE IT.
Thanks so much
jack

A BAT question: Regarding the Blue Marble interface colour options, are those doable in BAT? If you can, how do you do that? Thanks in advance :)

A BAT question: Regarding the Blue Marble interface colour options, are those doable in BAT? If you can, how do you do that? Thanks in advance :)
It's quite doable, but a little complicated. The easiest way is to just run the BM installer, and choose the Interface color options that way. You'll need to download the actual BM Gold package for that.

I'm working on a way to make the colors selectable within BAT (among other things) but that is a few months away. I have some other projects to finish first, like the Better AI BAT merge.

I'd do that, but BM Gold's installer doesn't run properly on my comp. :sad:

But if it's being worked on, I'm happy to wait. :)

I cant seem to find ALL the civilizations on my "info tab" You know where it gives you the various graphs. For example I love the Power graph, (it has a culture graph, and gold graph.etc) Anyway I only see FIVE or so of my civs when I'm actually playing against at least four more civs. Why doesn't it show the power ranking for those other civs? I tried to figure this out in the settings tab you know by hitting alt control o but to no avail...please help

I cant seem to find ALL the civilizations on my "info tab" You know where it gives you the various graphs. For example I love the Power graph, (it has a culture graph, and gold graph.etc) Anyway I only see FIVE or so of my civs when I'm actually playing against at least four more civs. Why doesn't it show the power ranking for those other civs? I tried to figure this out in the settings tab you know by hitting alt control o but to no avail...please help

You probably don't have enough EPs against the other civs. Look on your espionage screen, next to the civs that you can see on the power graph. There should be a little graph icon next to them (with a little beaker next to that if you can see what they're researching). If you don't see the graph icon you don't have enough espionage points toward that civ to see them on the power graph. If you highlight a particular civ it'll show you how many EPs you need to see their power, research, city visibilty, etc.

You probably don't have enough EPs against the other civs. Look on your espionage screen, next to the civs that you can see on the power graph. There should be a little graph icon next to them (with a little beaker next to that if you can see what they're researching). If you don't see the graph icon you don't have enough espionage points toward that civ to see them on the power graph. If you highlight a particular civ it'll show you how many EPs you need to see their power, research, city visibilty, etc.

That makes sense! I will check that out now, and thanks for responding!

Xp sp3.

It might be failing because of the version of Civ that you own. Civ Gold can cause some problems with installers (BAT has special code in its' installer to handle it. It wasn't fun to figure that out. :()

If you have installed Civ in a strange place, that can cause issues as well, and installers sometimes can't find the registry keys that they need to detect BTS. Also not fun to figure out....

There's a mod in the C&C forum that allows changing HUD colors, but there is quite a lot of XML work to do it, unfortunately, and you don't get the spiffy fonts from BM.

It could be that, as I use Complete...

What is the real difference between BUG and BAT? After installing BAT it looks too overwhelming to me. I remember in BUG seeing a row of icons above the Unit Action Box. Then moving units by mouse feels weird...

For not an advanced player, should I use BUG or BAT? What does BAT really have that BUG doesn't, that I mentioned above?

BAT is the way to go, it's basically BUG with lots of eye candy. Really makes the game beautiful.

Plus BAT merges BUG, BULL, some great graphics mods, and its own flavor all together in an easy-to-install package.

Normally, yes. You can see and change the location in the BUG Options Autolog screen (ALT + CTRL + O).

I may have conflicts of interest. I'd like to use BUG for a game I'm sharing on the forums to help my gameplay. At the same time I'm also playing a PBEM on vanilla BTS - and I occasionally play multiplayer with people who don't use BUG.

How can I resolve this (is there a way to remove BUG temporarily for MP, and will my PBEM be affected if I install in single player mode so that I can use BUG and people can use my saves)?

Top Bottom