[BtS] Wolfshanze's Revolution

I was wondering if this mod is Multiplayer-Compatible. This mod is really great and adds a new scope to how everything works, and I'm glad you merged this stuff. But I was having problems playing LAN. The 'scores' box on the right side doesn't show up for either player and if you have the scores box button clicked so it's lit up then zoom out to globe view and back to regular view all the text on the left-hand side goes 'down' so it's under the UI and hard to read until you click the show scores button again. Also when using the Revolution button on LAN and clicking 'details' it shows the details for your cities on both computers playing. Example: I'm England and a click details for my revolt info. But it pops up both on my computer and on the other computer I'm playing. It's kinda weird 'cause then he can see my cities' status.
Other than that this compilation is great. Single player works well. Just thought I'd mention it, I don't know if you could fix the problems or not. I know this is probably something more for the 'Revolutions' team but since I use these all merged I thought I'd mention it here.

Oh, and one more thing I forgot which I'm having a problem with. This is for singleplayer and multiplayer.
When I use the shortcut ALT+CTRL+O and the BUG customizer or whatever it's called comes up, I can't make any permanent changes. If I change anything as soon as I push exit, the changes revert. I've tried several times under several different settings. I even tried editing BUG stuff in the ini file but the changes won't apply in-game.
I installed the game how you instructed it to be installed (I think)
I ran the WolfRevolution1_0_4 installer and let it install, then checked to make sure it made the correct folder under mods for BTS. Folder said WolfRevolution.
Then I ran the RevPythonAdjust 1_2_4 but installed to my desktop and copied the files over the old ones in the WolfRevolution folder. Then I installed WolfRevSpyInqu1_0_1_AddOn to the WolfRevolution folder. I've tried reinstalling several times but nothing seems to allow me to change the BUG settings. Perhaps you can help me or maybe this has been discussed somewhere else before?
Thank you for your help, and sorry if i'm being too troubling.

I need some help with a Python error I am getting when I try to load a custom map I downloaded and would like to use in the mod.

Here is contents of the PythonErr.log file.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 65, in getGameData

File "CvUtil", line 188, in findInfoTypeNum

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function getGameData failed, module CvWBInterface
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvWBInterface", line 43, in applyMapDesc

File "CvWBDesc", line 1566, in applyMap

File "CvUtil", line 188, in findInfoTypeNum

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function applyMapDesc failed, module CvWBInterface

It works fine in BTS, but I get a CTD when the map loads (after I have chosen my civ) in this WolfRevolution mod.

Attached is the WBS file.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• NAtl.zip
    34.7 KB · Views: 126
I just noticed in the pythondbg.log file, the following weirdness. Why does it load fine in BTS but not in this mod? The file is exactly the same?

reading team 17

reading team 18

Reading players desc

load_module encodings.latin_1

Reading map desc

can't find map

Reading/creating 0 plot descs

Reading/creating 0 sign descs

WB read done

Again, any help is appreciated.

Wotan, if it's a world builder map, it wol't work at all. The wolf mod will kill it, the Wolfshanze file adds a few units, and a few new leaders, and even replaces entire civs. The game will CTD from a save like that, even from World builder. Try this, try to load your map using the RevDCM mod, and the Wolfshanze mod purely. I'll wager a dollar and doughut it will load the RevDCM mod fine, but not the Wolf mod, as the Wolf mod creates new unit types not expressed in the WB save. If it does work in both mods though, I'll go into it, I'm sure I can fix any problem I created in the merge, if it's intrinsic to the mods this is merged from, it's outside my scope (for the most part--though if it's python or xml related, I can probably deal with it).

@Vince:
Sorry Revolutions was never designed for Multi player. I'm happy to hear it works, but I've read the Rev forums alot. jdog never designed his revolution mod for multi, and your problems as noted are on jdog's "to do" list from 2006. If I could fix it I would, but I haven't delved into the SDK, all I can do are Python and XML changes. I'm getting to the point in my personal mod where I have some SDK things I need to do, but I need to go through the compiling tutorial first, and have a lot to learn there, sorry I'm no where near the level of understanding coding to fix those issues. Only jdog can, and he's MIA, maybe in a year or a couple months if I dive into this hard core and really start learning some SDK coding, but I'm a self taught modder so I'm not anywhere near that level yet.

My new favorite mod! Bookmark'd and bump'd

Keep up the great work you brainiacs of moddicum.

Thanks, be sure to tell glider and wolf that in their own threads, I built this from their work and they deserve the real credit here:
Wolfshanze & RevolutionDCM

Oh, and one more thing I forgot which I'm having a problem with. This is for singleplayer and multiplayer.
When I use the shortcut ALT+CTRL+O and the BUG customizer or whatever it's called comes up, I can't make any permanent changes. If I change anything as soon as I push exit, the changes revert. I've tried several times under several different settings. I even tried editing BUG stuff in the ini file but the changes won't apply in-game.
I installed the game how you instructed it to be installed (I think)
I ran the WolfRevolution1_0_4 installer and let it install, then checked to make sure it made the correct folder under mods for BTS. Folder said WolfRevolution.
Then I ran the RevPythonAdjust 1_2_4 but installed to my desktop and copied the files over the old ones in the WolfRevolution folder. Then I installed WolfRevSpyInqu1_0_1_AddOn to the WolfRevolution folder. I've tried reinstalling several times but nothing seems to allow me to change the BUG settings. Perhaps you can help me or maybe this has been discussed somewhere else before?
Thank you for your help, and sorry if i'm being too troubling.

I'm also having this same problem in not being able to tweak the BUG settings. I think I could accept the default EXCEPT the constant blinking "CTRL + ALT + O" nonsense (which is a bit ironic if one is not actually able to make any changes in the BUG configuration in this Mod).

I'm also having this same problem in not being able to tweak the BUG settings. I think I could accept the default EXCEPT the constant blinking "CTRL + ALT + O" nonsense (which is a bit ironic if one is not actually able to make any changes in the BUG configuration in this Mod).

Yeah, this bothers me too. I'll see what I can do about it. It'll take me a couple days at the very least, I need to also see how the RevDCM mod in itself handles this, if it's not there in the RevDCM mod, then it's something I created with merge int he python files, so I can probably fix it pretty easily. If it is there in the RevDCM mod, then it'll probably take a bit of work to fix, either way though, this is an eyesore I need to fix. But not right now, it's the weekend, and time to go drinking, I'll probably be looking into this on sunday, the day of hangover rest.

phungus420,

Thanks for the very helpful feedback. It hasn't fixed it, but at least you have shed a light on the problem.

I did try it in the Wolfshanze Mod, and it did crash the exact same way. Is there something I can do to the WBS file to adapt it? My map has all the units and resources removed except one lone settler. The civs are taken directly from another WBS file in the mod.

Are there plot types or something that is incompatible? I don't want to make more work for YOU, but recreating this map would be a pain.

Are you saying you CANNOT even create maps in WB for this mod, or do you have to load the mod then use WorldBuilder? Where did the maps in the mod come from?

Again, thanks for your help.

Okay, I frankensteined the map I wanted onto one of the WBS files with the Mod, and it loaded okay. I simply overwrote everything from BEGINMAP to the end, which is the map part, onto one of the existing scenarios. It loaded with no error.

The reason the changes to BUG aren't saving is because the BUG Options thing is missing from the Mod's INI. I managed to fix it by pasting that part from another mods INI into it.

Here's the file.

Attachments

• WolfRevolution.rar
    5.4 KB · Views: 117
Thanks for that Oatse, new patch and version number out with that fix. Glad to hear you figured out how to get your map to work Wotan.

Also added an AddOn wiper so that people can easily restore the game to the Original without add on functions if they want.

Was playing this and realized that the scoreboard was taking over most of my right hand screen, is there anything that could be done about this?

It was even colliding into where the game clock is in the upper right... figured I would mention it.

Otherwise, I really enjoy the mod.

Most of the Civs on my homemade map were just "destroyed" on the same turn! Why?

I had the map working, and played a few dozen turns but I noticed the quests were requiring immense amounts of stuff which on this map was impossible, so I changed the WBS mapsize listed in the BeginMap area from Huge to Standard since I had read that the requirements for quests are controlled by mapsize. I have about 18 civs on a Terra type map so that you can get in maybe 7 or 8 cities before it gets too crowded to expand.

Anyway, I started a new game with that scenario and on turn 2 or 3, I get notified that 8 or 9 of the civs were destroyed. I opened up worldbuilder and sure enough, the map was hardly populated at all.

What would cause this?

Thanks for any help.

For my next game I will give this mod a shot. Sound promissing! And keep up the good work!

And for the CTRL+ALT+O message, you'll have to check the Bug forum. It has been discussed there. Alerum's reasons for putting it in were clear. But he also provided a way to shut it of if you did't like the blinking message, if I'm not mistaken.

Wotan the obvious fix is to build your scenario from the Wolfshanze build. Easy way to cut to it to would be hit enter, and after your civs die, replace them, then play from there.

My gut is telling me that your build that you freinkenstiend didn't have those civs as existing, so when enter was hit, they disapeared (also out of curiousity what happens if you go to WB from the frenkenteind version?). I have no idea how to go about fixing that, map building I mean. Though honestly, in terms of map and scenario building, I bet it's an easy fix. Try looking up in the forums around here about that. Ask Blitzkrieg how he built the World War Wolf Scenario, I bet he can tell you how to fix that problem, bet a doughnut he hit the same wall you just have.

When you do figure it out though, do let us know how you did it, I'm curious.

Was playing this and realized that the scoreboard was taking over most of my right hand screen, is there anything that could be done about this?\
I play on standard size maps, that doesn't happen on those. But if you do play on a huge or large map, yeah, I bet mad civs get created. This be beyond my scope though, try asking Glider or Jdog in the RevDCM or Revolutions forums. I know Jdog had this one, I think he fixed it, but I think the bug merge fubared it. Glider has some things to fix in terms of interface with the BUG mod. Damn I should delve into this, but really I probably wol't... time for a smoke.

phungus420,

I had been using the same civs that worked before. All I changed was the worldsize and the number of extra civs in the *.ini file. I left the worldsize alone, and went back to -1 for the number of extra civs that the computer can add. That fixed it. I am okay with that.

Thanks again for for the feedback.

Top Bottom