[BtS] Diversica

You are correct, my mod should not change anything about the buttons.

Which is also why I doubt a) I am responsible for this b) updating to 3.13 fixes this (as I should not have messed with that xml in the first place).

I have no idea why you have this problem, I definitely do not have it.

I had to do a complete reinstall of BtS to get to 3.13 to allow me to play certain mods. Something about 3.02 and 3.03 that the game didn't like. If all else fails try reinstalling BtS and jump right to 3.13. That has solved a lot of my issues.

I tried to recreate a new game with your mod... Same results

I tried to recreate a standard game, it works normally. So I did not deleted a folder by accident when I installed your mod.

Have you updated to 3.13 ? still the same result ?

As I said, this works nicely for me with 3.13, no idea about 3.0x.

The current version is 0.60, there have been two corrections to it, 0.60a and 0.60b (not cumulative).

I assume 060_1 to 060_3 are the FPKs, these are current as 0.60a and 0.60b only changed the xml, you should get the xml bugfixes however.

VD only makes graphical changes to standard CIV units.

Div in addition adds

- new flags (the current / historic ones for the different civs)
- the Next War techs, units and buildings
- additional civilizations (Hungary, Israel, Poland, Romania, Switzerland)
- a few new unit classes (Ironclad Warship, Pre-Dreadnought ship, Dreadnought ship, more to come)
- larger world sizes (from XXL Worlds and Carter's Earth map)
- a new game speed (Marathon research with Epic production speed, from Carter's Earth map)
- Carter's Earth map
- Actual Quotes mod
- some minor Python changes (better tech screen, attitude icons)

All of this can be disabled by deleting the corresponding directories (see the readme.txt for details).

I believe this mod is coming to a crossroads, this is the first time that there are technical interdependencies between several logically unrelated parts. So far you could always delete those directories you did not like to get rid of them, without this interfering with the rest of the mod. This now no longer is possible in all cases - and this will happen more frequently with the changes I intend to do.

There imo are two options now, have a base mod and an expanded mod which contains additional changes, so you have the option to either use the base or the expanded version but no longer the option to mix and match the changes (due to dependencies between them), or to go with the new pluggable format introduced by the World of Civilization.

A while ago (post #67 for those interested ;) ) I said that I will not add a .dll to the mod as I do not want to depend on one. I still am reluctant to do so, but WoC promises to solve the dependency problem, so things would remain pluggable (potentially even to a higher degree than they are now, depending on how for I want to go with it).

So what is your take here, is the ability to unplug unwanted parts of the mod actually useful (even at the price of having a .dll which potentially introduces gameplay changes like Bhruics changes (and which most likely will need an update when there is another CIV patch, thus making my mod unusable with the latest patch in the meantime) ? Or would you prefer to not have any gameplay changes, at the price of having one cohesive mod of which parts no longer can be removed ?

Just curious, this doesn't mean that I will follow the majority vote here :) I haven't made my mind up yet though.

What about you other modders (Wolfshanze, avain, ...), do you intend to switch to WoC format ?

It's not the modular loading part of the dll that I am worried about, it is the other changes which are part of the dll (afaik ranged bombardement, Bhruics changes and chances are there are / will be others). And the fact that there may be (likely will be) compatibility issues between the dll and a new CIV patch.

For what it is worth, I tend towards going with WoC anyway. Better pluggability in itself is nice to have, even though there still will be integration issues when you want to combine several mods, there just are less than there are now. WoC can take care of the technical dependencies, it cannot solve the logical / design ones.

When I look at my screen, the Espionage icon is there ;)

As to that icon missing and the mouse pointer glitch, these are not caused by my changes, no part of my xml changes influences them.

Great mod, but I have encountered a crash.

I am using v060, with 060a patch and 060b patch unzipped into 6.0.

My game crashes at 240 AD. Do you have any ideas as to what may be causing the problem?

Thanks

Attachments

• Huayna Capac AD-0230.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 124
For some reason I cannot load your savegame.

When I try to, I get a screen which says 'select your civ' with none available. Given that you have been playing the game for a while (and thus already selected a civ), this screen should not show up at all.

Please upload a a different savefile.

Top Bottom