C2C FAQs - Read This Before Posting

change \ fix this in first post

V29 Bugs/Crashes thread: This is where you post all of your issues using C2C, NOT in the SVN thread.

as it outdated...right?

This thread must have info about hardware requirements.

my findings tell me what
minimum requirements:
multi-core cpu with 2.5 ghz (1.25 ghz on each core)
sata 2 hdd 7200 rpm 10GB free space
windows from XP to 8.1
Video Card with 64mb (geferoce 4 \ 6100 or something like this)
DDR2 4 gb
5 GB swap

recomended requirements:
quad-core cpu with 4 ghz (or cpu capable of 2 ghz on one core)
SSD hdd with 10 GB
windows from XP to 8.1 64bit
Video Card with 256mb (geferoce 9600 or something like this)
DDR3 6-8 gb
7-10 GB swap on free of other use hdd

Koshling wrote this along time ago to help track down Graphical errors During the End of Turn wait (EoT) that cause CTDs.

It's crashing (reproducibly) outside of the DLL. That means it is almost certainly down to bad graphical asset definitions for something you build that turn.

To determine this, here is what I did (because it's something anyone can do, so it would be a useful time saver if people could check this first if they get end turn CTDs):

1) From the save game set all cities to research (so nothing gets produced). End turn. If it still crashes it's not due to something being built, so go ahead and post the save game and request help.

2) If that prevented the crash we know it's due to something being built, so now to find out what. Two approaches you can take:

2.1) Binary chop. From the save game position set half the cities to research and leave the other half alone. End turn, check for CTD. If no CTD you know it was one of the cities you set to research, so reload the save game and set half of THOSE to research (so down to a quarter the original set). If it did CTD it was one of the ones we didn't set to research, so set half of THOSE to research and retry. Eventually you'll get down to one city. At that point you can report what it is that the building of causes a crash.

2.2) Suspicion! Look for anything unusual being built that turn. Set THAT city only to research and see if that prevents the crash.

JosEPh

Koshling wrote this along time ago to help track down Graphical errors During the End of Turn wait (EoT) that cause CTDs.

JosEPh

This can be done even faster if I prepare special file similar to single-style set for units.

Hello,

I've been playing Rocks to Rockets and I thought I'd better check if it's okay to load Caveman to Cosmos as my computer is or if I should delete Rocks to Rockets first. Does anyone know?

I believe that R2R and C2C are separate mods, so I don't think that there should be any problems with having both at once.

ATTENTION:Only Recommended Era start is Prehistoric Era. All other Era starts have Not been adjusted and will Not play normally.

(Also should be noted that Prehistoric is NOT the default so you must take a moment to change it from the Ancient default to Prehistoric. Wish we could change that but we haven't figured out how.)

Q: I have found something unbalanced/I think that there is too much gold/I think there is too little gold. What should I do?

A: Post all of your balance issues on the C2C Balance Thread, where they can be discussed and addressed.

Can you please sticky the Balance Thread?

There are waaay too many pages for me to Ctrl-F through, and the new CivFanatics search engine doesn't seem to have a forum-specific search anymore.

Important Post made long ago but still applies today. Especially about "Clearing the Cache" and Where this Cache resides and what it can cause if not done. This can be the answer to some of the many Posts we have about "I have no UI". Among other basic repeated posts about Mod placement and where.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3273622&postcount=1

JosEPh

Useful. Personally I highly recommend following the directions to set up a whole separate config file for c2c called from a separate short cut.

Useful. Personally I highly recommend following the directions to set up a whole separate config file for c2c called from a separate short cut.
With a post like this - you should give directions on how to do it. :)

Top Bottom