questions

Civ4newbie

Warlord
hi again, ok so to be clear there was no multimaps added just a one solar system map with land mass representing planets and space, is that correct? and is there sea cities yet.
also I know you folks said there is only one alien rival in the whole game. if you don't mind I have some ideas for more alien rivals for the galactic era and/or the future era
I was told here more aliens are not realistic to do because of some other reasons and because they would be huminoid. they don't have to be huminoid, they can look much different. in a old space adventure game made in 1991 there wwere unique looking aliens that were completely alien and were not huminoid. these aliens looked really weird and not all of them had bone structures. like for example one alien were like jelly fish that breathed water and communicated bye flashing light threw there body with light signals and a weird sound. then there was a ostrage like thing with no wings with a long neck and one big eye at the end. another was this green alien oval attached to a neck and weird shaped head. on the head were 2 weird looking eyes and something like a bird beak/fish mouth suction cup ting with long hose arms attacked to the sides of the face that were red at the ends for something like hands but no fingers. they moved by hovering or floating around in the air that looked like 4 or 5 feet above the ground or surface. these examples are not humanoid aliens at all so why cant you use something like these aliens for the late game or just use a symbol pic to represent the different aliens? the alien spaceships and stuff can be a different model design for each different alien species or the same model with the symbol like in the final frontier mod. just use the moo2 mod galactic map or final frontier galactic map/mabey randomly generated for when you advance into the galactic era or get the right tech/techs, how does that sound? is that a good idea? I am happy with that instaid of having to build a galactic map from scratch but either is fine with me.

Is this an annual round of questions or is it Groundhog day?

Answers would not have changed yet.

just a check up on what has been done and ideas for the future, so it looks like sea cities and multi map is not done yet:( ok, for me, I will not play it until that is done I also think a mod mod could be made for this like rocks to rocks or what ever its called that could have vast changes to gameplay or older graphics or some changes to make it play or operate faster for old and new computers, pehaps taking a lot of content out like bonus buildings and alternative history units because it is a very big mod and merging technology and stuff in a possible mod modfor shorter content that may make the game run much faster and less bugs.

I am a thinker so I could give you all ideas for a workable mod mod, possibly with less content but realistic AND fun to play but I cannot mod:( and I would think it would take to long or a pain in the ass to learn and do for me. as I have said before you guys could take a look at the civ 4 future mod and mabey merge or put in stuff from it as well as the old future like mod that was made for warlords but never ported to beyond the sword. The old future warlords mod was made based off the a old pc game called civalization call to power by activision. I had much fun playing call to power solo and your mod may be my dream game come true so I hope you folks do not stop your work. please consider my ideas, I would be thankfull.:)

ok someone could move this to the ideas and discussions thread, sorry for posting in the wrong erea

Also lerning how to do basic XML editing (which is enough to make units, buildings, promotions, alt timelines...) a modmod would take less than a week to learn.
And alt timelines are a module so you can switch it off if you don't like it. It's basically a mod mod that is "on" by default.

hmm, well I may consider working a little for a mod mod doing xml but others would have to do the other stuff However I grew up with learning disabiltiies for most of my school yeears and have a mental disability so I think it would take me longer to learn xml editing plus it may take more of my labtop memory up and I have not been able to get my civ4 cd to install the game on my new labtop as I have not followed that guide on this forum yet for newer computers or labtops. I also know math is certainly not my strong point. I tried learning how to mod civ4 and call to power once on my own but I did not get very far many years ago. I think if I did learn it would be best if I had teacher guidance and I will not learn it if it is going to take to much of my time even with a teacher but I think with a teacher it would be much faster. do you need to know algebra? can you just use a basic calculator for the math?

I would not advice you to strain yourself with modding then, but if you have any questions of a technical nature you might get answers on the forum. A simple calculator should go a long way and is probably not even necessary for most XML modding.

ok so is there futurisitc city and unit sound effects for caveman to cosmos and futuristic music for the transhuman and galactic era?

also how much memory is required or megabits,gibabites, ect.. to run caveman to cosmos and what is needed to run caveman to cosmos properly on a labtop?, I got my game working finally so I want to know, hopefully I can play it.

ok so is there futurisitc city and unit sound effects for caveman to cosmos and futuristic music for the transhuman and galactic era?

also how much memory is required or megabits,gibabites, ect.. to run caveman to cosmos and what is needed to run caveman to cosmos properly on a labtop?, I got my game working finally so I want to know, hopefully I can play it.

The mod takes up between 1 and 2 gigs of disc space. It can run on a machine that only has 2GB of memory free, but to run it with relatively few limits and workarounds, I suggest you need 4GB. That's 4GB free, so in addition to what the operating system and other programs running in background are taking up.

I have never played into transhuman, so I don't know what the sounds and graphics are like. Even without running the mod, you can look through the /Assets/Sounds and /Assets/Art folders, to see what's there... (obviously to view models you'll need nif viewing software like NIFskope which is a free download).

I forgot most of the art is in fpk compressed "archives" so you probably need PakBuild or similar as well (also free).

Top Bottom