Game crashes to desktop at end of turn

sturmhauke

Chieftain
I'm playing Bannor, trying to hold a captured city against Calabim attacks. There are approximately a metric crapton of units on the map. I've gotten through a lot of the game with no problems, but all of a sudden now I can't get past the current turn. I hit Enter, the Calabim start attacking my beachhead city again, and then poof! No game.

Some stats:
other civs are Khazad, Malakim, Clan (who I converted to Order! w00t), and Ljolsalfar. I crushed the Svarltalfar and am using their cities as landing points since I'm on another continent. Infernals and Mercurians have appeared in the world. I have a fair number of elite units with a bunch of promotions. Map size is Large and all revealed.

game is Civ IV vanilla, version 1.74, running on medium graphics
mod is version 0.23

computer:
Pentium 4 3GHz
2GB RAM
GeForce 7600 GS video with 512 MB VRAM

I'm playing Bannor, trying to hold a captured city against Calabim attacks. There are approximately a metric crapton of units on the map. I've gotten through a lot of the game with no problems, but all of a sudden now I can't get past the current turn. I hit Enter, the Calabim start attacking my beachhead city again, and then poof! No game.

Some stats:
other civs are Khazad, Malakim, Clan (who I converted to Order! w00t), and Ljolsalfar. I crushed the Svarltalfar and am using their cities as landing points since I'm on another continent. Infernals and Mercurians have appeared in the world. I have a fair number of elite units with a bunch of promotions. Map size is Large and all revealed.

game is Civ IV vanilla, version 1.74, running on medium graphics
mod is version 0.23

computer:
Pentium 4 3GHz
2GB RAM
GeForce 7600 GS video with 512 MB VRAM

Can you post the save game file? Easiest way for us to try to help is to see the problem.

I believe the problem is some sort of world event. I went to the world builder and deleted some units that were attacking my captured city and the game still crashed, so it's nothing to do with combat. Beyond that, I don't know.

Top Bottom