Invasion TBS game

Only thing I noticed that could be a problem is that some of the icons listed on the website for ingame stuff are from Civ2... which is still probably owned by someone.

I repainted them. Can I ask which ones did you recognized I do not want to forget any remaining. Thanks.

Yes, I first took 70% of unit pics from mods. Then I changed some parts of them. Any of them is not exactly same. I examined how they draw these units and tried to copy their skills. Because I am not good graphics, my real job is programming and game design. But I am trying to do my best to overcome this problem.

Kudos for completing your game! I'm more than a little envious!
If you plan to sell it, your have to make absolutely sure that you are not infringing anyone's copyrights.
This goes for the graphics, the sound, and all third party code/libraries you have used. All resources you'll find on the net should be considered copyrighted, unless the author stated otherwise. Simply using stuff you found on the net is a good way to get sued.
A lot of useful code is released under the GPL and using it requires you to publish the source code of your game. So make sure all your libraries are licensed under the LGPL at most.

Kudos for completing your game! I'm more than a little envious!
If you plan to sell it, your have to make absolutely sure that you are not infringing anyone's copyrights.
This goes for the graphics, the sound, and all third party code/libraries you have used. All resources you'll find on the net should be considered copyrighted, unless the author stated otherwise. Simply using stuff you found on the net is a good way to get sued.
A lot of useful code is released under the GPL and using it requires you to publish the source code of your game. So make sure all your libraries are licensed under the LGPL at most.

All source code is 100% mine there is no extra library, and all musics are taken from their producers with permission. I made game with licensed Delphi. And I drew most of the graphics at game myself, only I used some unit pics from mods and some productivity icons from civs and I changed them and still trying to change. PrinceScamp found all which I did not do myself:) I think he spent a really long time with all modes/versions of Civilization. I looked for a pixel artist for helping me at development stage but I could not find anyone. So I have to deal with this problem myself.

No additional libraries? It's even more impressive that you've managed to programm it all on your own then! And yeah, cheap and reliable graphic artists are very difficult to find. Even large open source projects struggle with that issue.

I'm sure you could ask some people here who would be willing to create any additional graphics you need and release them for you to use. Try the Civ2 forum here and at Apolyton.

I do like the wheat field graphic you have.

Quite impressive. Borrowing ideas and graphics doesn't matter, those things can be easily replaced and changed. The hard part is to make it all work together in a playable game.

Someone suggested making it into a PDA/mobile game. Another suggestion is to make a browser game of it, ie a game that isn't downloaded and installed but played by visiting a web page and where all data is stored on a remote server and database. Examples of such games are Ogame and Ikariam.org, but they are technically RTS, not TBS. This would require a lot of additional work though (if it's even possible to make a TBS browser game). The money could be in selling subscriptions that provides UI improvements and perhaps some minor in-game bonuses. Perhaps you could also earn some money by selling ad space.

Quite impressive. Borrowing ideas and graphics doesn't matter, those things can be easily replaced and changed. The hard part is to make it all work together in a playable game.

Someone suggested making it into a PDA/mobile game. Another suggestion is to make a browser game of it, ie a game that isn't downloaded and installed but played by visiting a web page and where all data is stored on a remote server and database. Examples of such games are Ogame and Ikariam.org, but they are technically RTS, not TBS. This would require a lot of additional work though (if it's even possible to make a TBS browser game). The money could be in selling subscriptions that provides UI improvements and perhaps some minor in-game bonuses. Perhaps you could also earn some money by selling ad space.

Thanks for ideas. PC games for single player have a different taste every time. I do not think people will give up playing single games at future. Examinations show that games are playing currently are 70% single games. But different ideas of course can be ok. I can develop Invasion in the future too but first option is making again single player. I think TBS is best when you are only human at game:) But game should make you do not feel that loneliness with good diplomacy part.

I am very impressed by the demo so far. From my first 20 minutes of play time, one thing I noticed that bugged me. When I gave a unit a command to move some tiles away, I had no way to cancel it later.

Thanks MrPopov,

I think you gave an order to your current unit to far cells - not neighboor cell For example

XOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOOY

You are trying to move your unit from X to Y, you need to click unit and hold mouse and release it at point Y to give a move order.

To stop it anytime(at next turns, because that turn he is tired after now you cannot select) you have to right click it before turn comes to him and select his name from box will be opened. But you say right you cannot stop if only unit is this unit I will take care of that problem. Thanks for your valuable feedback.

Also for more details about game press F1 and open Invasiopedia. (I think you already know this)

Invasion's version 0.2 is released. Bugs are cleared which occured at first version with helps of reports of players. Also new colonization-like musics and specialities are added.

You can download that version from Invasion Web Page. If you see any bug again, please report here.

I liked the game its entertaining but there are some problems, I couldn't activate a unit once it is set to defend a city with key "F". I tried clicking on it from the city and it didn't work. Can anybody help me at this point :confused:

I liked the game its entertaining but there are some problems, I couldn't activate a unit once it is set to defend a city with key "F". I tried clicking on it from the city and it didn't work. Can anybody help me at this point :confused:

You can activate any fortified unit with right clicking with mouse on the cell that unit stands, and selecting that unit from menu which is opened after your right click. Or if this unit is only unit in that cell you can directly left click and activate it if there is no city in that cell.

Also Invasion V03 is released with new additions.

You can download from Invasion V03 from my signature.

New additions :
(1) Flags for cities,
(2) News and Information about that tech is given after new technologies are discovered,
(3) Centralized +1 food (I could not add stone, I think stone have to be collected from city areas in any case.)
(4) War bug corrected, (AI was winning more).
(5) Some annoying musics are replaced.

Nearly 1 month later (October 2008) Invasion's V0.4 will be avaible with better graphics. Before that day and before Civ 4:Colonization is released (23 September 2008) if anyone still did not tried Invasion, give Invasion a change. I am still waiting feedbacks about Invasion of old Colonization fans...

Invasion = Civilization + Colonization

You might also consider distribution through Stardock(tm). They are very popular since they do not believe in DRM(which is also less work for you). This popularity is doubly true among indie-gamers, which would likely be an interested player group who isn't normally on CFC and other Civ sites. 13 euros is still high, but 5-10 with a polished product wouldn't be terrible. You seem talented enough that you could go the way of Introversion Software.

I had an odd bug occur;

I just captured a city and my treasury(started at 69 gold) went to -1001 gold. Of course this kind of ruined my entire game, after which it CTD.

Thanks for bug report.

Which year (game year) this bug happened? Can you send me save file of your game to ozangumus@gmail.com?

Top Bottom