The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

Usually console cover systems involve cover snapping points. Some of those, or at least some map-editor level considered cover might be worth integrating with current free form PC cover. The most obvious is making it easier to lean around corners without lean buttons. Maybe something fluid to where if you get close and press the cover button, you snap into a map-designated sliding spot. Then movement translates to more cover-practical distributions of body weight and leaning.

Could also be used for walls low enough that ducking or hunched over makes sense, but no so much that kneeling would be required. That would be for running along them rather than popping over them to shoot.

I've never figured out how exactly a "console cover system" can be used on PC, seeing as how on PC you can move around a lot easierly and hide behind things already.

It works smoothly in Vegas 2, mainly because you can 'snap to cover' on nearly any object in the map (any wall surface, including partial walls such as pillars), except for some objects that are just 'physics objects' or light cover but can be shot through (e.g. a table,cardboard box). Basically being 'snapped to cover' provides better cover while simply being behind an object a cover is no guarantee of safety (e.g. AI can still aim for the exposed areas with scoped sights, since we're talking modern weaponry here).

All I can say is try Vegas 2 to see what I mean. It works very fluidly, and you need it, because the AI is sharp.

Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords Game of The Year Edition

$19.99 at Futureshop, decided it was better than the Special Forces edition fo Empires and I refuse to buy the tandard Empires box that has ONLY the stupid american flags on it.

I'm currently installing The Orange Box (all of it), now.

I just got Okami. About time too!

I just got HAWX for the PS3 on Friday. God I love it, it flies so much like Ace Combat.
The online is great too.

Currently downloading Empire: Total War off Steam

Galactic Civs II - Ultimate Edition.

Been messing around with it a little, and so far it has not captured my imagination. I know it is an immensely popular game, so I'll have to stick with it.

OpenTTD. It's really good. It's also free, you just need to get 5 or 6 files from the original TTD.

Also, not really new, more upgraded but the Steam version of UT3, has finally finished patching with the Titan Pack.

Top Bottom