Mein Gott! A WW2 German FPS?

Captain2

ಠ_ృ
Apparently for the first time in a FPS (not counting mods) a Single Player Campaign will exist where the player takes the role of a German soldier

linky

Developer Tripwire Interactive has now officially announced Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad, a sequel to the mod-turned-game Red Orchestra: Osfront 41-45.

Following in the footsteps of the original Red Orchestra, Heroes of Stalingrad will be a tactical FPS that emphasizes "accuracy and detail." As the title suggests, the sequel will focus on the Battle of Stalingrad and related confrontations.

The release also notes that the game will allow players to fight through a German single-player campaign, which Tripwire claims is an FPS first. Co-op and multiplayer modes will accompany the solo campaign.

No release date or platforms have been announced, but Tripwire promises more information in the coming weeks.

I remember remarking after playing through COD: World At War that I was sick and tired of WW2 shooters, however an Eastern Front campaign with the Wehrmacht oddly makes me excited for the first time since I heard about MOH 2

The link doesn't work for me (work firewall and all that :( )

Could you post some details? I also have been waiting patiently for a German FPS

there, I fixed the problem and added the article to the first post :p

Red Orchestra? I bought that, played it once, realised it wasn't Day of Defeat and that I'd bought the wrong game and never played it since.

Actual historical battles as well? Good, at least they're not going to do the "fighting 'renegade' nazis who want to blow up the world." plot

The new CoH takes the persepective a German panzer commander, not to mention that CoH has always let you play all the sides.

Well yes, Panzers: Phase One also allows to you play a German (The first mission being the invasion of Poland).

But for some reason the First Person Shooter hasn't allowed the same freedom :p

Red Orchestra? I bought that, played it once, realised it wasn't Day of Defeat and that I'd bought the wrong game and never played it since. plot

That is the DUMBEST thing I have read in a week.

DoD is horrible, Red orchestra is awesome ^_^ I love that game, although I havn't played it much since last year. I'm really looking forward to the sequel, it'll be nice to have something new in RO.

Tripwire is releasing another game soon, a co-op zombie game, too bad for them VALVe's L4D is out. However they aren't the same, Tripwire's seems to have zombies that look more like mutated monstors, and more itneractivity with the enviroment like moving stuff for defensive purposes.

Yeah, Red Orchestra was a good game, this should be interesting.

That is the DUMBEST thing I have read in a week.

DoD is horrible, Red orchestra is awesome ^_^ I love that game, although I havn't played it much since last year. I'm really looking forward to the sequel, it'll be nice to have something new in RO.

I get that alot ;-)

Don't worry it's on my list of games to play again now I've got my computer back

Well yes, Panzers: Phase One also allows to you play a German (The first mission being the invasion of Poland).

But for some reason the First Person Shooter hasn't allowed the same freedom :p

Probably because a console shooter that let you play in the Wehrmacht would equal
"ZOMG NAZI ACTIVISTS!!!!" to the mainstream.

Eh, maybe a bit, but I figure it's because of the American market, and they figure most americans don't want to play as the Germans, but rather their brave god-like ruler of the world bloody americans.

Not that I don't mnid the american campaigns, they just got old years ago. Along with Stalingrad. And of course D-Day.

I guess I'm the only one who still gets a kick out of the D-Day mission in COD 2 then.

If I get to kill some Russians, count me in!

Yay, Germans!

And the trial for Red Orchestra was really fun.

I guess I'm the only one who still gets a kick out of the D-Day mission in COD 2 then.

Don't get me wrong, it's still fun and all that, but when a new game comes out and it's the same scene it can get boring. If a film and a sequel had the same fight scene in it you'd be pretty mad, but it doesn't mean it's not fun to watch.

That's what I liked about BF1942: you could fight the battle from both sides.

Never played Red Orchestra, but this certainly sounds interesting.

I always like to play the Underdog and being a Bad Boy is fun, so it is much funnier playing Axis in WW2... :cool:

I always like to play the Underdog and being a Bad Boy is fun, so it is much funnier playing Axis in WW2... :cool:

Well the Germans were hardly the underdog until Winter 1941/42. Although I think, as the name suggests, this game will focus on Stalingrad, wich was pretty much the bloodiest city turf war ever.

Top Bottom