Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

strategyonly

C2C Supreme Commander
Caveman 2 Cosmos
:old: :) :gold: :culture: :espionage: :hammers: :science: :commerce: :religion: :food: :health: :strength: :borg:

Version 43
15 Jan 23

Compatible across versions. Continue playing your current game of C2C - just save our current game and load it in the new version. You will be asked "Should the modifiers be recalculated?". Just say yes, wait awhile and then continue your game with all the new features.

734+ Technologies

NEW tech tree including Space Era . . . .
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/tech-tree-statistics-and-ingame-tech-tree.625036/

And so begins 100,000 years of history..

Caveman2Cosmos is a CivFanatics.com community mod that add new features, gameplay, and content to the Civilization 4 experience. It is the most expansive Civilization 4: BTS mod to date with almost daily updates since November 2010. It is the spiritual successor the The Civilization 4 mod Rise of Mankind and its addon A New Dawn, and combines the work of over 100+ CivFanatics.com past and present modders to create a mod to "rule them all". It is currently being developed by StrategyOnly Productions with a modding team made up of prominent members of CivFanatics.com.

Caveman2Cosmos introduces a massive amount of new content with massive customization to Civilization 4 : Beyond the Sword. From the the discovery of controlled fire in the Prehistoric Era to the spaceships of the Galactic Era this community mod is perfect for the player who craves very deep strategy but is still enjoyable to the more casual player. Be warned, with this much content this mod may take almost 100 hours or more to win a single game. This mod is evolving on a weekly basis and new features are added all the time!

Good news, the new "Graphics paging" option saves about 30% of RAM memory usage (with bigger maps, more RAM saving), and it should remove virtually all MAF errors. It replaces the Viewports system. This system can be activated in BUG Options screen. It should be auto-activated by default. There should NOT be any crashes (besides MAFs) also recently there has been some crashes to desktop, but that's all you have to do is use autosave and use FIRST entry there and then everything should be fine (just glitches is all), i have looked and looked trying to make it as stable as possible, but if there is pls report and we will try to figure it out and let me know, thx. (See post # 6, para 8)

We listen to all player ideas and suggestions, and our goal is to continue our tradition of making the best possible megamod for Civilization 4. We believe in the power of community and our forum is our own little civilization with hundreds of thousands of valuable posts from players all around the world. This mod is updated almost daily and we encourage the use of SVN to get the latest "pre-release". We would like to say thanks to all the players who have supported us over the years.

Caveman2Cosmos Theme

Link to video.

Please read post # 6 before asking some questions, thx.

Minimum System Requirements
4+ GB of RAM Recommended
1024 x 768 Resolution
256 MB Graphics Card (2GB Highly Recommended)
For Civ4: Beyond The Sword 3.19

Last edited:
Triturador's Stone Age mod inserted a new Stone Age civic per category (one of which was -75% culture). He also gagged racial traits until the Neolithic era, as his mod had the Palaeolithic, Mesolithic and Neolithic eras, and had all sorts of interesting early units, buildings and mechanics.

Definitely check out his mod! (3.17 version.)

Installed - my workers are not doing the stone age improvement stuff in particular the grain gatherer improvement. I thought we had fixed all this stuff:wallbash:. The XML looks right. I'll try and figure out why and get back to you.

Edit: Still have not figured out why the worker doesn't build those improvements so got the gatherer working instead. Put the worker on "sedentary lifestyle".

the attached replaces the Gatherer folder in the Modules\Units folder.

Also noticed that you aren't using the latest SubdueAnimals in this. You have part of it but not all the XML. I now know how to make the extra stuff for this mod work in the normal AND or RoM so I will be uploading a new version soonish.

I don't know why Afforess got rid of the dog units they have been in there since RoM 1! I will put a bit in to only have god stuff if the units are still in the game. That way SA will work for RoM as well as AND.

Installed - my workers are not doing the stone age improvement stuff in particular the grain gatherer improvement. The XML looks right.

Edit: Still have not figured out why the worker doesn't build those improvements so got the gatherer working instead. Put the worker on "sedentary lifestyle".

the attached replaces the Gatherer folder in the Modules\Units folder.

Also noticed that you aren't using the latest SubdueAnimals in this. You have part of it but not all the XML. I now know how to make the extra stuff for this mod work in the normal AND or RoM so I will be uploading a new version soonish.

I think i might have found the problem with the gathers?

The nif only works with one or the other in each folder, ie either Camp or Camp_fx, work ONLY *BUT both HAVE to be in the same folder:crazyeye:.

EDIT: Also the era movies are messed so i added these:

I hope they work also:

EDIT EDIT: I also changed this civic: (rather than just "Camp."
I changed around the GoodyInfo also.
Plus the HandicapInfo

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I think i can get in two or three extra events:hmm:

I'm happy to help. Stone Age is my favourite mod besides RoM :)

So I have to change the starting era to use it?

Only if you use a Private map, but as in the first post i have some maps already set that way to use as a way they should look. (Right under DOWNLOAD HERE)

Looks like your using the Zoo Tycoon animals.

But seriously a dinosaur? *shakes head*

Dont know what Zoo Tycoon is, but its NOT a dinosaur, its a Komodo Dragon (Giant lizard).

Top Bottom