[MOD] Medieval: Conquests

I opened the map and it is very good! I think I can help you here, by placing at the right spot starting civilizations. But I'm not too sure how to proceed. When I start the game as a custom scenario, I get to choose between all possible leaders, but if I open in world builder, move units, save the file, and then restart a game, I have only the leaders I choose the first time.

So my question would be, how can I make it so that each civilization position is correctly placed, while retaining the possibility to choose between the various leaders of a given nation, when starting a custom scenario game?

I opened the map and it is very good! I think I can help you here, by placing at the right spot starting civilizations. But I'm not too sure how to proceed. When I start the game as a custom scenario, I get to choose between all possible leaders, but if I open in world builder, move units, save the file, and then restart a game, I have only the leaders I choose the first time.

So my question would be, how can I make it so that each civilization position is correctly placed, while retaining the possibility to choose between the various leaders of a given nation, when starting a custom scenario game?

I have never actually built a scenario so we would need help from more experienced modders. If anyone knows what to do here then please let us know. We may have to look things up on Civ4 forums or ask questions there...

For the scenarios, you need to go into the worldbuildersave in a text editor and make those kinds of changes. I don't remember the exact lines, but you can probably figure everything out by looking into how to edit vanilla civ4 worldbuildersaves.

So, I started working on the Unit Infos and Strategies for the pedia, but didn't get very far. I did want to make a couple proposals, though.

- change Sunni Missionary to Ulama
- brilliant dignitary -> chancellor
- Arab/Turkish brilliant dignitary -> vizier
(the actual job can still be "dignitary")

I'll share the txt files when i get around to actually finishing more than a half dozen units.

Changing Sunni Missionary to Ulama does not make any sense at all
But I do agree with your dignitary proposal

Well, in this mod, the expert "missionaries" are best used for "research"(or you could say education). The Benedictine Monks in the monasteries, and the Ulama in the madaris. Even the regular missionaries aren't so much "converting" barbarians religiously as they are educating them culturally. I think Ulama makes perfect sense, given all that. No?

What would you call them?

Basically I've already discussed this with Kailric but simply speaking it will be the Mullah unit which will give Muslim civs a boost. You can ask him for more details on what we discussed. :)

Thonnas and all others, I'm stuck and I don't know where lies the error!

I created a WB save with all nations existing. I opened the file and see all the BeginPlayer / EndPlayer records. Here they are:

10 records for the playable civs
8 for the tribes
10 records for the King civ of the playable civs
a gap of 2 slots
Barbarian slot (slot 32, num slot 31)

So far so good, everything is logical. I then copy & paste these records exactly in the original Europe map scenario I have, replacing the BeginPlayer/EndPlayer slots.

I take profit of that to start altering the starting locations. Then I save.

I now start my new custom scenario. I'm presented with a choice of 10 playable civs, I choose the Anglo-Saxons. I then enter the custom settings window, where I can alter the difficulty of my civ or others settings. So far, so good.

First remark, 2 Popes civ are seen in the screen, but not all. They are greyed out,meaning they can be selected, which is normal, but why these two and not others...Anyway, I start the game.

I then enter the game as the Anglo-Saxons, now located in the plot that will be London... So far so good.

Then I hit end-turn ... and crash! No explanation, as usual (not easy to debug a program that don't give you a clue).

So I don't know what went wrong. All my civs seems to be correctly defined, as in the initial World Save. They are all there, and all the playable civs have their equivalent king civ. There is even the barbarian civ. But it crashes...

Any idea, help appreciated...

I believe the "Kings" are added when the scenario starts. Try taking them out of the worldbuildersave. Probably will work fine with only the playable civs and the native civs. I think the others will get added on game start. I think.

For the scenarios, you need to go into the worldbuildersave in a text editor and make those kinds of changes. I don't remember the exact lines, but you can probably figure everything out by looking into how to edit vanilla civ4 worldbuildersaves.

So, I started working on the Unit Infos and Strategies for the pedia, but didn't get very far. I did want to make a couple proposals, though.

- change Sunni Missionary to Ulama
- brilliant dignitary -> chancellor
- Arab/Turkish brilliant dignitary -> vizier
(the actual job can still be "dignitary")

I'll share the txt files when i get around to actually finishing more than a half dozen units.

Sorry for the long delay in replying...

Well the problem with this is that the Muslim civs where so different than the European civs that for some units/professions/buildings ect there just isn't any equivalent. So, I plan on sculpting the mod so you get two different play styles depending on which civ you choose. Or maybe tie the choices into the Tech Tree where you unlock certain units/professions/buildings but lock out others depending on which tech you go with.

@ Vorpal+5

I really am not much help for making scenarios as I mentioned so don't have any advice there. But the graphics and unit art was all packed using the "PakBuild" program you get from Firaxis' website. Search the Civ4 modding forum for info on how to use it.

I have played a few games and your whole Mod feels great. Keep working hard!

Bravo, beautiful mod.

Thanks thadian and Monjis for checking out the mod. Glad you liked it. Been play testing again hear lately and found a few things that need to be addressed so hopefully I can work up an update soon. For one thing Animals are way to powerful so I am changing all of their attack values to 1 except for the Grizzly Bear and Elephant which will be 2. They was just to dangerous.

I also plan to make it so there is another option to ignore spotting animals making them separate than "Enemies" so you don't get enemy spotted notices every turn when its animals. After I toned down the animal combat value Hunting became a favorite pass time:) At each of my settlements I would designate one villager to be my hunter and when ever an animal was spotted I would send them out to collect meat. I created my first Page unit doing that very thing. Also its smart to send a hunter unit along with your Peddlers and Settlers to keep wild animals from kill them off.

What would be cool would be to have Hunting maybe Automated where a unit can go out and patrol for game and return when his bags are full.

I played a few mods for Col, and this one seems best by far.To be better it only requires Civilopedia update and bugs correction.There are following bugs i noticed:
- can't build inventors workshop (someone mentioned it before) - HUGE problem
- can't train Tavern Keeper
- civilopedia for butchers -no mentioning of furs output
and some more, but i can't remember now.As soon as I do, sure will post it here.

Last question is how can i change max map size, since Huge is still pretty small?

Top Bottom