Should i wait for Vice City?

Ok all you PS2 owners out there. How different is Vice City from GTA 3? If they are extremly different how much better or worse is Vice City? If they're similar do you think its worth waiting for Vice city to be ported to computer form (which is at the moment put as a "no comment" by the creators when asked for a date to expect it). I'm mostlikely getting a new computer some time next week so i was wondering if i should be getting GTA 3 or not.

vice City is quite different in that:

You purchase property
There are FAR less storyline missions
There are FAR more side missions
The game is definitely harder then GTA 3
Motorcycles, boats, helicopters are huge improvements to the overall style of the game
The radio is absolutely fantastic!

If you dont own a PS2, dont bother buying the system purely for the game. If you do, definitely rent it, I did not enjoy GTA3 on computer, I found the controls silly, its only saving grace was the slo-mo rerun.

Well I love the game. The motorcycles are excellent, the helicopters really make travelling around (and destruction) much easier. The radio stations are hillarious. It is definatly worth getting.

u gotta get a PS2 lol its a must to any gaming, Vice City is awesome! Its way better than GTA3

Vice City is a good excuse to get a PS2 if you don't have one allready.

Just an excellent game.Period.A must have(imo)

Originally posted by Zelig
From what I've heard probably around October 2003.
:mad: I don't want to wait that long!

I'm living in a dorm now and don't have my PS2 with me, so I can't just buy a new one. :wallbash:

lol go get your PS2 then!
I'm telling u games for PS2 that come out for PC end up sucking for PC, like the Final Fantasy games, for some reason u just get a better gameplay on PS2...especially if the game was made first for PS2

ok well i don't plan on spending my money on a PS2. I wouldn't get enough use out of it to make it worth while. However, is GTA 3 realy that awful for the PC or are you guys just comparing it to the PS2 version, which i gather is better from your statements.

GTA 3 isn't that bad on computer, but you need a good computer to get a respectable speed out of it.
With a P3 1.1 GHz and a Geforce 3 Ti 200 128 MB card, I get about 50 FPS on 1024*768 with everything else on max.

Also, the controls for PC are quite akward and make it hard to do driveby shootings or to fly the dodo (a plane), so it's much better if you have a gamepad.

No I don't think I'd say that but each new version introduces more "management simulation type stuff"

In gta3,a glaring question was:what to do with all the cash?(remember when Tony Montana went to Club Babylon with Frank Lopez in Scarface? ;))

Well they partially answered that in VC with property/asset aquisition.But that just led back the the same question at some point.

I think(hope) that future versions will continue to expand this way.Perhaps one day,we might see Tommy Vercetti paying lawyers and taxes :)

Vice City is definately better than GTA3. Money actually is usefull in VC than it is in GTA3. Don't get me wrong, GTA3 was definately fun, but VC has so much more to do in it that it's a must have.

Now for one of my favorite quotes heard when bumping into someone in the street........"Damn, you messed up my gear!"

"Step off son"

Any VC players out there have any favorite quotes?

Man, Vice City is an awesome game. Arguably one of the best 4th releases of any videogame. It really did the franchise justice. Now, if they really want to make GTA5 fun, they'll set it in LA in 2023. Hovercars and plasma guns... :evil:

VC is much better than GTA3,

Motorcycles
Boats
Lance Vance
Better Cars
Blow Washed Jeans
Neon Galore
More side missions
GUNS MORE!

Get Vice City!

What is/was your favorite side mission?

I had a blast in the Hotring race.So much so I bought NASCAR Thunder.
Kinda liked the Sunshine Auto car theiving..although some models were difficult to find at times.

Absolutely hated the RC helicopter.In the main line mission and the side mission.Horrible contraption.
Also hated the motocross thingy in the stadium..wtf is it called?Dirtring or something.Riding over those narrow boards was an unfun part.

The hardest/tedious was probably the ambulance missions.Much easier at the Ocean Beach Hospitol,but still a pain in the arse.
Fire fighter was just plain tough...stupid people running away down alleys and what not.
Pretty tedious getting 100 packages also.But strangely rewarding,not too mention the nice stuff you get with each 10.

Top Bottom