C2C - Civics Discussion Thread

Is this a boolean variable to turn it on or off?

<bPrereqCivic>1</bPrereqCivic>

No, its actually in the XML of the BuildingInfo itself, its in each separate building if "we" had to make it a civic related topic.

No, its actually in the XML of the BuildingInfo itself, its in each separate building if "we" had to make it a civic related topic.

I understand it's in the Building XML, but what is the value of 1 for?

- Updated Spreadsheet with more accurate values for number of free units (% of Pop.)

<iAnarchyLength> of Democracy and Federal should be changed to 2.

An idea to nerf pacifism.
100% GP modifiers -> 25%
100% Culture modifiers -> 35%

<iAnarchyLength> of Democracy and Federal should be changed to 2.

An idea to nerf pacifism.
100% GP modifiers -> 25%
100% Culture modifiers -> 35%

Probably too much, but along the right lines

I think that's not too much. Actually, I thought 25%/35% would be still too powerful.

As soon as the excess gold problem is solved the GP and Culture of +100% won't be too much. Having extra cost per military unit is supposed to stop all but the ones with few military units from having it.

Besides, the +100% fools you as in effect it won't be what one would think, i.e. doubled, GP especially not if having a Philosophical Leader. All other +% modifiers significantly reduce the ratio those +100% give in actual boost, and it's easy to get loads of +%, especially Culture with a few religions in your domain.

GP rate; When being Philosophical and having other modifiers give, let's say +50% total, to GP rate you'd end up with, from base of 20 GP rate, with 70 GP rate. From that only 20 comes from Pacifism, or +28.5% actual boost from it.

Culture; With other modifiers giving, say, +200%, a base rate of 200 Culture would give 800 Culture. From that only 200 comes from Pacifism, or 25% actual boost from it.

I'm not at all sure it IS overpowered. Sorry.

Cheers

GP rate; When being Philosophical and having other modifiers give, let's say +50% total, to GP rate you'd end up with, from base of 20 GP rate, with 70 GP rate. From that only 20 comes from Pacifism, or +28.5% actual boost from it.
Actually 40%: from 50GP to 70GP, but 28.5% of total GP comes from pacifism
Culture; With other modifiers giving, say, +200%, a base rate of 200 Culture would give 800 Culture. From that only 200 comes from Pacifism, or 25% actual boost from it.
Actually 33.3% from 600 to 800 culture. Pacifism accounts for 25% of total culture.

Just nitpicking but true, modifiers are additive so the more +% multipliers for something, the less each multiplier adds as a fraction of the total.

I'll blame being rushed to answer for my incorrect calculation, was in a hurry when I wrote it. ;)

Do you guys find yourselves on the STRONGER end of the culture race? Or the weaker side? In my recent games I tend to outpace the AIs and my culture spreads like mad, leading to either wars, or AI cities near by borders going into disarray.

Usually the stronger side after a certain amount of turns have passed. In the start I'm outpaced by the AI, but that never matters as cities aren't that close then anyway.

Do you guys find yourselves on the STRONGER end of the culture race? Or the weaker side? In my recent games I tend to outpace the AIs and my culture spreads like mad, leading to either wars, or AI cities near by borders going into disarray.

Not usually top, but generally in the top quartile

So is a reduction of cultural benefits better overall? Or tuning the AI to favorite it a bit more than it does?

Personally I haven't seen issues in my games that indicate it's too far off at the moment. I'd say cultural victory happens too early probably, but frankly that's because a c2c game is that much longer than a civ game used to be. The problem is that if you lower the ability to generate culture to solve the time to cultural victory issue, you wind up with it taking too long to get to influential, and therefore unlock large cities.

Maybe we need a new category beyond legendary, and move cultural victory accordingly?

Personally I haven't seen issues in my games that indicate it's too far off at the moment. I'd say cultural victory happens too early probably, but frankly that's because a c2c game is that much longer than a civ game used to be. The problem is that if you lower the ability to generate culture to solve the time to cultural victory issue, you wind up with it taking too long to get to influential, and therefore unlock large cities.

Maybe we need a new category beyond legendary, and move cultural victory accordingly?

I'm more concerned with the AI's use of whatever culture is available, whether the available culture modifiers/buildings are kept the same, reduced, or increased. In my last few games, once I get rolling, my culture tends to expand greater than the AI. With the various AI improvements, I've down-leveled myself from Monarchy to Noble, so maybe that has something to do with it?

But if more people report culture victories happening too quickly, then certainly that would warrant a closer look.

I'm more concerned with the AI's use of whatever culture is available, whether the available culture modifiers/buildings are kept the same, reduced, or increased. In my last few games, once I get rolling, my culture tends to expand greater than the AI. With the various AI improvements, I've down-leveled myself from Monarchy to Noble, so maybe that has something to do with it?

But if more people report culture victories happening too quickly, then certainly that would warrant a closer look.

Yes that would make a significant difference. I'm still using flexible difficulty, and the above was based on that pushing me to deity still

One could simply add new levels in between Influential and Legendary, and thus make Influential reachable without compromising on the challenge of cultural victory.

Top Bottom