UI modifications (suggestions and discussion)

Could it be possible on the Unit Upgrade tree to have a "hide all culture units" button so you can only see the general units and not the special units that require culture resources?

I don't think we can do options on pedia at the moment. That is not to say we should not be able to add it.

Expand the width of corner UI boxes, income and era overlaps each other, can be overlapping in the top right corner as well. There is more than enough space for expansion on wide-screen res. hope there's some for 4:3 aspect as well.

While besieging a city with lot´s of archers, in a circle around it for the surround and destroy bonus I wondered:
Is it possible to make a function that gets all bombarding units available for a target to fire at once, with one single button?

Expand the width of corner UI boxes, income and era overlaps each other, can be overlapping in the top right corner as well. There is more than enough space for expansion on wide-screen res. hope there's some for 4:3 aspect as well.

A picture of what you are talking about would be useful. Note The grey lines can't be changed - they are hard coded somewhere in the exe or graphics engine.

It would be rooly rooly nice to have selection buttons and/or sort options for disease and air/water pollution. The only way currently - until you know them off by heart - is trawling through the whole 70-100 or more buildings (including unconstructable ones as they may be just a storage pit or civic change away).

I could manipulate the filters but I can't add any... that'll have to wait for AI Andy to help there. Are you sure there isn't already a filter for that though? There's a down button that takes you to another line of filter buttons somewhere along the top row that might take you to that...

I could manipulate the filters but I can't add any... that'll have to wait for AI Andy to help there. Are you sure there isn't already a filter for that though? There's a down button that takes you to another line of filter buttons somewhere along the top row that might take you to that...

Yes there's three or maybe even four rows of buttons for buildings, so crime and flammability are there, but pollution and disease are not. And the same two (three?) are missing from the sort options.

(Btw there is I think an 'exclude unhealthiness' button - I can't see myself ever using that)

I would love to see one thing in UI

When mouseover building name/icon it will be good to see what others building this one unlocks. It is important to know that since we have a lot of building dependencies due project hades changes.

Why canoes and early boats are so big? the graphics are passing through the graphics of coast. Very ugly.

Why canoes and early boats are so big? the graphics are passing through the graphics of coast. Very ugly.

It is an engine thing, occasionally wacky graphical stuff will happen, and there isn't much to do besides ignore it. I could try making it smaller, but I haven't noticed much issue with the graphics as they are currently.

It is an engine thing, occasionally wacky graphical stuff will happen, and there isn't much to do besides ignore it. I could try making it smaller, but I haven't noticed much issue with the graphics as they are currently.

They are 2-3 times bigger than they should be. I was so annoyed by it I dropped the fScale in the art define file by half.:p

I still get annoyed about not being able to see how much commerce I get from my trade routes in the City Screen. All I see is :food: and :hammers: as per the screenshot supplied.

And this is with using a really high resolution.

Cheers

I still get annoyed about not being able to see how much commerce I get from my trade routes in the City Screen. All I see is :food: and :hammers: as per the screenshot supplied.

And this is with using a really high resolution.

Cheers

Perhaps we could add hover text so you could at least see it by mousing over it? (I presume it doesn't do hat now?)

(Change subject): What the heck is your speed set at, you have 1800ish turns and STILL in Ancient Era, BUT with ALL those resources, You must be playing on higher than Snail?

It would be rooly rooly nice to have selection buttons and/or sort options for disease and air/water pollution. The only way currently - until you know them off by heart - is trawling through the whole 70-100 or more buildings (including unconstructable ones as they may be just a storage pit or civic change away).
1. I second that, especially for pollution, since you can't build units to erase pollution. And for disease, I end up with way too many surgeons, when I could have built much less expensive mausoleums.
2. Could you make the default sorting option in building / unit lists "by name"? If you want a specific building out of a list with 70 buildings, you can search it easier by name than by cost.
3. A sticky topic here with possible interface customizations would be great - I played 50 hours before finding out I can edit the city lists.
4. Gold advisor is not usable, especially after having the founding wonders of some religions.

Top Bottom