War Thunder - free to play air combat

the launcher hates me. It only ran at 30-50% speed of my connection for the first 8 hours or so.

Yeah, their servers crapped themselves, or something. Took me a lot longer than usual as well.

Only real changed I noticed in the planes themselves is that they fixed the flight model of the Ki-84.

Ground forces is taking forever

I don't know about the Ki-84 being 'fixed'. It's certainly a lot better, but I'm not sure of the accuracy. I was at ~7500m by the time the first engagement over Saipan was initiated, and 6,000m as I crossed over the northern island.

I don't know about the Ki-84 being 'fixed'. It's certainly a lot better, but I'm not sure of the accuracy. I was at ~7500m by the time the first engagement over Saipan was initiated, and 6,000m as I crossed over the northern island.

Yeah, by fixed, I meant a lot better compared to the old one. At least now it can take off from an airfield.

Though I did notice some remnants of the fishtailing issue from the older FM in the new one, so they still have a ways to go.

Finally! Thanks for the links, picked up one.

I did like half the events to get into the CBT but never got an invite, while my friend who just got the game yesterday immediately got one. Very frustrating to say the least.

I played some of the ground forces today, it's pretty awesome. Particularly sim battles.

I take some issue with the MM, but it's beta and all, so whatever.

To Celebrate Victory Day Golden Battles will take place on May 10!
You can receive up to 600 Golden Eagles just for winning!
From 8th of May till 10th of May you can get a “Victory Banner” unique decal and access to Ground Forces CBT!
Just make 60 kills and 6 victories in 4 days and it is yours.
Every day we will choose 5 aircraft and set a 69% discount for the purchase of these planes!
All four days, all the famous aircraft of WWII will get 30% discount for repair!

http://warthunder.com/en/news/575-J...Day-in-Europe-Win-Eagles-in-Golden-Battles-en

Damn Gaijin, that's finals week ._.

Damn Gaijin, that's finals week ._.

....... Wargaming has free premium tank mission, and earn gold missions and free credits for 1 victory and 3x exp event. I was wondering why the World of Tanks events were so good. And now I know.

Welcome to Glorious Arca- oh this was in RB? Well enjoy the traditional Russian greeting of the Yak9 and premium Cobra pilots!

(found it on Reddit, and this happened in Realistic Battles...)

===

I've been really enjoying playing tanks in Sim mode recently, especially if I can find someone else to squad up with. Flanking enemies who are clueless to your presence is a great feeling. As is having learned where the weak spots are on tanks from all of the kill cams I've watched after my deaths.

Yeah, RB defintely has becomes AB+. Old pic but it checks out.

Simulator mode is indeed the best. I've taken to the air, though. It's found life again in these Enduring Confrontations.

Link to video. (HD still processing, should hit 1080p60 eventually)

I ran a fantastic match the other day as American tier 3 over Ruhr, scoring 21 kills. Primarily with the Hellcat and F4U-1C (stealth cannons ftw).

Top Bottom