Suggest indie horror computer adventure games

Kyriakos

Creator
I found a few, and i must say that this genre really is great for indie games.

Particularly the ones which do not bother that much with graphic quality, and rest almost entirely on story-line.

The "Deep Sleep" series looks quite interesting (only watched half of the walkthrough videos of the three games).

Link to video.

The 7 days a stranger etc, older games, were good in my view, but perhaps way too survival-horror based- surely for my own taste cause i do not like action sequences in adventure games much :)

I don't know what you mean by adventure. Old timey point and click games ? Or the kind of horror game that doesn't have any combat because you die when they get you ?
If it's the latter, I would recommend Outlast. It's quite atmospheric and pretty good at creating a constant feeling of dread -mainly through sound- that makes the occasional jump scares very effective.
I haven't finished it yet because playing it with daylight seems like a waste, and playing it late at night with the lights out makes me jump out of my chair, raise my hands and mumble something like "I'm too old for this".

^I dislike that kind of survival horror cause i easily am scared in such a setting ;)

Mostly interested in the plotline, and overarching story. I doubt i will actually get to play those, but i may be interested in some ideas, which in indie adventures are easier to be hardcore.

^I dislike that kind of survival horror cause i easily am scared in such a setting ;)

Mostly interested in the plotline, and overarching story. I doubt i will actually get to play those, but i may be interested in some ideas, which in indie adventures are easier to be hardcore.

Outlast is a decent horror game. But it can be a bit too thick for some people.

I would actually recommend playing some of the revamped resident evils. They have story, arent too scary etc. There is also the walking dead as well.

Its not really horror, more adventure. But i really enjoyed the Stanley Parable.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent?

Very atmospheric. Super cool. I'm sure you'd love the Lovecraftian backstory. Although may not be the game for you if you're scared easily.

I'd also suggest Bloodborne, which I'm having an ABSOLUTE BLAST playing. But you also said you don't want an action-heavy game so....

Suggest indie horror computer adventure games

Pretty sure living in Greece will be a horror adventure very soon ! :yup:
I recommend the classics, Resident evil 4 and Silent hill

I just found out about a pretty cool and original one.
Spooky's House of Jump Scares
It's indie, and it's even free, but still in early access and uninished. My only criticism is that the pacing could be better.

Haha I was skeptical at first. But it's clearly satirizing "horror media" in its present form. That's fantastic.

Top Bottom