Unable To Upgrade Ships

One thing i could imagine from the screenshot is, that there is no direct sea-connection from one coastal city to the tile where your ship is. Try sailing it to the coast of Argos and see if its possible to upgrade it there.

One thing i could imagine from the screenshot is, that there is no direct sea-connection from one coastal city to the tile where your ship is. Try sailing it to the coast of Argos and see if its possible to upgrade it there.

Already tried that, no difference.

On that pic you have a frigate, they upgrade to battleships and you have to have researched electronics for them.

On that pic you have a frigate, they upgrade to battleships and you have to have researched electronics for them.

Yes, I took a pic of the wrong ship, I'll get one of the Caravel and show that if doesn't work for that one, which is should, because I already have the Ironclad.

Seems there's no point in further speculation until you are able to post a pic with a caravel that can't be upgraded.

Did a city state gift you that ironclad? Because if to upgrade a caravel you need to have the right tech (steam power?)

Note that in your screenshot, the Caravel has a ranged attack. In Vanilla Civ5, Caravels were ranged and upgraded to Destroyers (which require Combustion). In later versions, Caravels were melee and upgrade to Ironclads. That probably is the source of your problem.

Note that in your screenshot, the Caravel has a ranged attack. In Vanilla Civ5, Caravels were ranged and upgraded to Destroyers (which require Combustion). In later versions, Caravels were melee and upgrade to Ironclads. That probably is the source of your problem.

Later versions?

Gods and Kings, and Brave New World are upgrades, or add-ons, to the original game.

You have the Vanilla version (no faith symbol, and the big triangle for the advisors)

Top Bottom