Non-male Civfanatics Can Has Poll?

Civfanatics, what are your Gender Identifications?

• Male

Votes: 101 91.8%
  • Female

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Transgender

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Mixed Gender

• Asexual

• Other/Undecided

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
I'm proud to present to you the award for Most Politically Correct Poll Ever. Congrats sir, it must have taken way more effort than is actually necessary to create a poll.
And you are probably a straight white male. You belong to the most ignorant demographic group. :p

I'm actually surprised by the poll results. General forum banter led me to believe there were at least more female players.

And you are probably a straight white male. You belong to the most ignorant demographic group.
Check your privilege.:lol: Statement's like the above are ignorant and intolerant.;)

I'm actually surprised by the poll results. General forum banter led me to believe there were at least more female players.
There probably are, but we likely don't identify as such due to previously being mistreated on the internet.

I'm female, but I don't play Civ5. I play Civ4.

But I lurk here. (And I own Civ5 and all of the expansions.) Does my vote still count? ;)

It sure does.

There probably are, but we likely don't identify as such due to previously being mistreated on the internet.

But I don't see how answering the poll would "out" you (so to speak) as a woman, since you can't know who answered which option in the poll... right ?

I am also a little surprised by the results. I of course expected a large majority of male, but not by that far.

92 Males. Wow. That is a lot.

Isn't the poll anonymous ?

I'm sure it is, but a lot of us are conditioned not to identify by previous bad experiences. This site is pretty good, but I know of others where it isn't nice to be female. After a while, you start "not being" female, even if the poll is anonymous. Less pain and anguish that way.

As for me, I'm proud of what I am. I am defiant. Hear me roar. No 12 year old kid on an internet forum is going to intimidate me. I wish more women thought that way.

I would hazard a guess that there are at least three times the number of females here than have voted in this thread, and I'll bet they have looked at the thread.

I am hoping in the future to do more Research and find out what the distribution of Genders might be in Gaming. For me, I think a ratio will help guide me to further Research Questions.

I'm sure it is, but a lot of us are conditioned not to identify by previous bad experiences. This site is pretty good, but I know of others where it isn't nice to be female. After a while, you start "not being" female, even if the poll is anonymous. Less pain and anguish that way.

As for me, I'm proud of what I am. I am defiant. Hear me roar. No 12 year old kid on an internet forum is going to intimidate me. I wish more women thought that way.

I would hazard a guess that there are at least three times the number of females here than have voted in this thread, and I'll bet they have looked at the thread.

I get what you mean since I've witnessed it a few times. Makes such poll kind of useless though if it's true :lol:

Top Bottom