Wonders of all cultures(need some help please read)

Sword_Of_Geddon

Arbiter of the Sword
What I'm tired of is seeing the Mongols build the Pyramids...so one thing I'm doing in my mod is I'm going to give each civ improvements and wonders based around their culture group, also civilization advances will be added that are unique to certain civs or their culture group.

The wonders and improvements is where I need help:

Greco Roman:

Wonders: Only Greece, Rome, and Spain can build these.
The Oracle
The Temple of Artemis
Mausolium of Mausos
The Collosos
Statue of Zeus
Circus Maximus

Improvements:

Collosium

European: European Wonders can also be built, with the exception of Stonehenge, by Greco-Roman cultures. Also, Knights Templar and Crusading Order can be built by Israel.

Wonders:

Stonehenge
Palais de Versailles
Shakespeare's Theater
Leonardo's Workshop
Leaning Tower of Pisa
Magellian's Voyage
Newton's University
Smith's Trading Company
Copernicus' Observatory
Kremlin

Christian: This group includes any civs or cultures which have had a largely Christian population for a time or have converted to it politically in the past. This group includes most civilizations, but the option of converting may take longer of certain civs. For example, Israel and all European civs except for Poland, Scandanavia, Russia and Finland have the option of converting first in the late Iron Age. Some civs, such as the Inca, can convert during the Age of Discovery. Others get the option only during the late Industrial Age, such as Korea. Only the Ottomons, Mali, Mongols, Japan, Mayans, and Toltecs may never convert.

Wonders:

Knight's Templar
Crusading Order
GS Bach's Cathedral
Sistine Chapel
Debra Damo, an important Ethiopian monastary (or would this be Christian?)
Churches of Lalibela, 11 churches in Ehiopia together considered a wonder of the world. (also Christian)
Hagia Sophia

Improvements:

Church
Cathedral

Egyptian: This group includes Egypt and Nubia, and shares the Libraury of Alexandria and the Great Lighthouse with Greece.

Wonders:

The Pyramids
The Great Sphinx
Ramses Tomb
Libruary of Alexandria
Pharos Lighthouse

Small Wonder:

Black Pyramids

Improvement:

Obelisk

Islamic: This group comprises Civ which historically have converted to Islam in the past in the real world, it includes Egypt, Ottomons, Mali and the Mongols. In Heart of Destiny, conversion to Islam is optional.

Wonders:

Mecca
Dome of the Rock
Taj Mahal
Palace of the Umayyads
Great Mosque of Djenne
Sankor Mosque of Timbuktu

Improvements:

Mosque
(Forgot the name of the second building)

Buddist: This group comprises China and other nations which historically have been shaped by this religion. This group includes China, Korea, Japan, Khmer, Thailand, Burma and Vietnam.

Wonders:

Porculain Tower
Grottoes of Datong
The Dunhuang Caves,
Daibutsu,
Borobudur Temple.

Improvements:

Buddist Temple

Asia: Includes China, Mongols, Korea, Vietnam and Japan.

Wonders:

Great Wall
Sun Tzu's Art of War
Hu-oh Shrine
H. Castle
N. Theater
Silk Road
Need help!

Small Wonders:

Secret Police HQ
Forbidden Palace

Improvements:

Ancestrial Shrine

Native American: This group includes the Sioux, Haida, Iroquois and Cahokia.

Wonders:

Ghost Dance
Monk's Mound
Totem City

Improvements:

Medicine Hut
Chief's Hut

Mesoamerican: This group includes the Toltecs, Mayans, Moche, and Incans.

Wonders:

Temple of Kululcan
Pyramid of the Sun
Pyramid of the Moon
Temple of the Masks
El-Dorado
Mayan Observatory
Temple of Tikal
Twin Temple

Improvements:

Altar of Sacrifice
Great Temple
Observatory

S.East Asian: This group includes Thailand, Khmer, and Burma

Wonders:

Ankor Wat
HELP!!!

Improvements:

Wat

Small Wonders:

Epic of Suriyothai

African: This group includes Nubia, Zululand, Mali and Ethiopia

Wonders:

Great Zimbabwe
Gedi, a Swahili town important for trade

Improvements:

Griot Hut

Polynesia: Composes only the Samoan Civ for now.

Wonders:

Tombs of Nan Madol
Easter Island

Improvements:

Surf Stop
Moa

Stuff I'm Not sure what to do with:

Hanging Gardens
Epic of Gilgamesh.

Some African Wonders:

Great Zimbabwe
Great Mosque of Djenne (or would that be Islamic?)
Sankor Mosque of Timbuktu (again, Islamic?)
Gedi, a Swahili town important for trade
Debra Damo, an important Ethiopian monastary (or would this be Christian?)
Churches of Lalibela, 11 churches in Ehiopia together considered a wonder of the world. (also Christian)

Islamic Wonder

Palace of the Umayyads

One problem that leaps out at me is this. I'm assuming that you're modelling religion in a similar way to Rhye, that is, by having techs named after the religion, and permitting certain Wonders or improvements to be built with those techs. In that case, I don't see how you can specify that different civs can "convert" at different times. For example, if Poland can convert early in the tech tree and Korea late, that must mean that they have different techs to research (duplicate "Christianity" techs). But a Wonder or improvement can only have one tech that requires it. So I don't quite see what you're going to do here...

For an African improvement, how about the Griot Hut?

arent the Hanging Gardens & Epic both Babylonian?? IMO either add Babylon or give em to Isreal(?)

maye add Sumeria?

from Wikipedia
Angkor Wat (or Angkor Vat) is a temple at Angkor, Cambodia, built for king Suryavarman II in the early 12th century as his state temple and capital city. The largest and best-preserved temple at the site, it is the only one to have remained a significant religious centre—first Hindu, then Buddhist—since its foundation. The temple is the epitome of the high classical style of Khmer architecture. It has become a symbol of Cambodia, appearing on its national flag, and it is the country's prime attraction for visitors.

In traditional West African culture, the griot(pronounced gree'-oh) is the village storyteller -- a historian who imparts knowledge through the spoken word and song.

This looks interesting, how´re you gonna do it?

Buddhist wonders should include the Grottoes of Datong, the Dunhuang Caves, Daibutsu, Angkor Wat, and Borobudur Temple.

Ogedei_the_Mad said:
Buddhist wonders should include the Grottoes of Datong, the Dunhuang Caves, Daibutsu, Angkor Wat, and Borobudur Temple.
I have Angkor Wat here, and also an Eastern Ancestral Shrine.
I got them from Apolyton, they sometimes have good stuff there.

Attachments

• AngkorWat.zip
    227.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Ancestral_Shrine.zip
    19 KB · Views: 54
I have a list of wonders for each Civ in C3C that I used in Phoenix, if you are interested in it. I am picking my fav from each culture for the X Mod - you can do the same from the list if you want.

Pohnpei is actually a part of Micronesia, but you could have the tombs of Nan Madol as a wonder for the islander civs. :)

I had spent about 6 hours total researching this about a year ago. They are all in the (doomed and forever unreleased) Phoenix mod I was doing. I meant to go back and get pics and pedia text for each, but never did. In the mod, they all act as second palaces - each with unique abilities (the Forbidden Palace itself was a Great Wonder available to all civs). Each was only available with certain tech/improvement/resource requirements that helped give each civ a boost at roughly the time in history they were the strongest.

Code:
Civ		Wonder
Rome		Temple Of Saturn
Egypt		King Tuts Tomb
Greek		Mount Olympus
Babylon		Tower Of Babel
Germany		Brandenburg Gate
Russia		Cathedral Square
China		Temple Of Heaven
USA		Mount Rushmore
Japan		Himeji Castle
France		Notre Dame Cathedral
India		Qutab Minar
Persia		Rubaiyat Of Omar Khayyam
Aztec		Pyramid Of The Sun
Zulu		Grave Of Zulu
Iroquois	Kainerekowa
England		Big Ben
Mongolia	The Golden Horde
Spain		The Alcázar
Scandinavia	Christiansborg Palace
Ottoman		Hagia Sophia
Celts		Christchurch Cathedral
Arab		Mada'in Saleh
Carthage	Antonine Baths
Korea		Haein-sa
Sumeria		White Temple of Uruk
Hittite		Aleppo Citadel
Dutch		De Gooyer Windmill
Portugal	Praca do Comercio
Byzantine	The Chora Church
Inca		Phuyupatamarka 
Maya		Temple of Kukulcan

Plotinus said:
That's a good list - although *surely* Hagia Sophia should be given to the Byzantines, not to the Ottomans. The Ottomans only captured it!
Probably true. Not the best at ancient world history - just spent about 10 minutes Googling each civ. Feel free to improve upon it :)

Thankyou Tak! Thats an enormious help to me and I'll add ancestrial shrine to the list of asian improvements.
D´you mind if I take it off now? i need some space.

Top Bottom