[BTS] Fictionalization IV

Jurassic Park should allow you to train Dinosaur units! Monstrous creatures of the Animal class :D

No, the whole point of Jurassic Park was that you can't control nature. :)

I was thinking of something along the lines of FfH's Grand Menagerie wonder. You could have several different Dinosaurs wandering about at certain points on the map - which could be World Improvements modeled after the Maple White Land, Caspak, Dinotopia, or whatever - and have them be trapped, taken back to a city and put in display cages. And when you have the right type of dinosaurs, you can build Jurassic Park which would grant a certain amount of wealth from tourism.

A pirate-themed wonder might be interesting... I could base it on tsentom1's Trafalgar Square wonder. I don't know about Shipwreck Cove though, maybe there's something in the legend of the Flying Dutchman that I can swipe.

Well, how about one of these:
Corrando's Island, a Greek island ruled by the pirates of chief corsair Corrando from the Italien opera Il corsaro
Lagoon Company, a mostly Asian group of pirates, smugglers and mercenaries from the manga series Black Lagoon
The Tigers of Mompracem, a band of rebellious pirates fighting the colonial powers in the South China Sea led by the famous Sandokan, the Tiger of Malaysia
Tortuga (or something like the Harbor of Tortuga), a Caribbean free port controlled by pirates, featured for instance in Treasure Island and Pirates of the Caribbean
Treasure Island from the novel by Robert Louis Stevenson

I was thinking of something along the lines of FfH's Grand Menagerie wonder. You could have several different Dinosaurs wandering about at certain points on the map - which could be World Improvements modeled after the Maple White Land, Caspak, Dinotopia, or whatever - and have them be trapped, taken back to a city and put in display cages. And when you have the right type of dinosaurs, you can build Jurassic Park which would grant a certain amount of wealth from tourism..

Very interesting idea. But if you want to avoid the programming, you could simply create a wonder along the lines of Hollywood and Rock'n'Roll that provides "Dinosaur Attractions" (needs a better name, though).

And I've got some more ideas for wonders too:

Beast's Castle - an ornate chateau inhabited by the Beast from Beauty and the Beast himself
Combine Citadel - an enormous tower created by an alien regime called "the Combine" in order to establish and maintain their police state (from Half-Life)
End of the Rainbow - the legendary location where the Leprechauns hide their pots of gold
Hoard of the Nibelungs - the greatest treasure of European mythology, conquered by Siegfried
Project Safehouse - a secret US government project in cooperation with Vault-Tec to build fallout shelters known as "Vaults" in order to protect the privileged few of the upcoming World War III (from the Fallout video game series)
Valhalla - the enormous hall located in Asgard, ruled over by the Norse god Odin and the place where the fallen heroes wait for the last battle against the giants

Has The Dollhouse been suggested?

Say it produces some :espionage: and allows you to build/purchase any type of "person", i.e. missionaries, spies, explorers, inquisitors, executives, etc. or even Great People (which presumably would be quite expensive to build)...

The Vault of the Templars from National Treasure.

Some kind of science or financial thing. This could be either an Middle ages or Industrial Wonder, as most of these ideas are more modern. In the movie, the collection came about during the crusades, but reached its final size in its final resting place during the Revolutionary War period, so it could be placed in either time period, depending on your needs.

@cfkane:

Love your mod so far! Although the activity on this thread seems to have shifted over to the project development subforum, I thought it better to post here, as my suggestion is more general in nature.

I haven't played a game to conclusion yet, so I might be missing some things that are already there, but as you include the humorous side of things already (e.g. Freedo-Moronika), would it not be fitting to have some Monty Python references in Fictionalization IV, especially since the Python script was named after this pop culture phenomenon?

Some initial ideas:

Wonders

Castle Aaaaagh - as the location of the Holy Grail, replaces either Angkor Wat or Apostolic Palace

World's Funniest Joke - replaces Statue of Zeus, to simulate extra casualties in war caused by fits of lethal laughter

Units

Trojan Rabbit - the famous knockoff of the Trojan Horse from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Perhaps this could work along the lines of Waywardclam's earlier suggestion for the Trojan Horse.

McKamikaze Highlander - a suicide land unit

Sir Robin - for a dose of extra humor; has a very high (if not 100%) withdrawal chance from combat

Knights of Ni - a barbarian unit

Events

An event could spawn either the Three-Headed Knight or the Black Knight as a barbarian Hero. The Black Knight could be a low strength unit with some respawn (he never gives up!).

Techs/Quotes

Marxism could have as its quote Karl Marx's confused response to the World Forum question, "Who won the Cup Final in 1949?", i.e. "The workers control the means of production ... the struggle of the urban proletariat ..."

Communism could be renamed "Anarcho-Syndicalism", or least have as its quote the famous words of Dennis the Peasant: "Come see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Buildings

Perhaps a Ministry of Silly Walks could be a minor happiness boost.

Also, some unrelated suggestions:

It has been suggested before that Gringott's replace Wall Street. Maybe it should instead replace the Spiral Minaret, as its gold generation could possibly be tied specifically to Wizarding.

Perhaps the Colosseum could be renamed Thunderdome, from the Mad Max universe.

More Ideas:

Queen of Sheba as Ethiopian leader

Goliath as Barbarian hero

maybe add The Vault from the Fallout series as new super-bunker

The Great Wall from Song of Fire and Ice, replaces the great Chinese wall

Tibiruim as some kind of new resource

Goblin Sappers from Warcraft III - Suicide unit (one-time use (KABOOM!)), replace the guided missile

@cfkane:

Love your mod so far! Although the activity on this thread seems to have shifted over to the project development subforum, I thought it better to post here, as my suggestion is more general in nature.

I haven't played a game to conclusion yet, so I might be missing some things that are already there, but as you include the humorous side of things already (e.g. Freedo-Moronika), would it not be fitting to have some Monty Python references in Fictionalization IV, especially since the Python script was named after this pop culture phenomenon?

Some initial ideas:

Wonders

Castle Aaaaagh - as the location of the Holy Grail, replaces either Angkor Wat or Apostolic Palace

World's Funniest Joke - replaces Statue of Zeus, to simulate extra casualties in war caused by fits of lethal laughter

Units

Trojan Rabbit - the famous knockoff of the Trojan Horse from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Perhaps this could work along the lines of Waywardclam's earlier suggestion for the Trojan Horse.

McKamikaze Highlander - a suicide land unit

Sir Robin - for a dose of extra humor; has a very high (if not 100%) withdrawal chance from combat

Knights of Ni - a barbarian unit

Events

An event could spawn either the Three-Headed Knight or the Black Knight as a barbarian Hero. The Black Knight could be a low strength unit with some respawn (he never gives up!).

Techs/Quotes

Marxism could have as its quote Karl Marx's confused response to the World Forum question, "Who won the Cup Final in 1949?", i.e. "The workers control the means of production ... the struggle of the urban proletariat ..."

Communism could be renamed "Anarcho-Syndicalism", or least have as its quote the famous words of Dennis the Peasant: "Come see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Buildings

Perhaps a Ministry of Silly Walks could be a minor happiness boost.

Also, some unrelated suggestions:

It has been suggested before that Gringott's replace Wall Street. Maybe it should instead replace the Spiral Minaret, as its gold generation could possibly be tied specifically to Wizarding.

Perhaps the Colosseum could be renamed Thunderdome, from the Mad Max universe.

What? No Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog? It could have it's own class, have pretty much all the promotions and have something like 40 :strength:, and a Holy Hand Grenadier which has a 100% bonus against the Killer Rabbit!

Wow, great stuff added since I last played an older version, this is a must play mod, thx for this:goodjob: Im having a blast with this last few days.

Fictionalization beta 4.0 is now released!

New additions:

- BTS 3.19 compatability
- Two new leaders, Shango of the Mali and Khan Noonien Singh of India
- a slew of new animated leaderheads by yours truly.
- Three new python promotions by The_J: Celebrity1, Celebrity2, and Celebrity3. With them units give 1, 2, or 3 happy faces when stationed in a city.
- Two new heroes: Don Quixote and the Superhero, a national unit.
- Sherlock Holmes and Fu Manchu now create 2241B Baker St. in friendly cities and Si-Fan in enemy cities, respectively
- religious National Units now require a monastery
- Barbarian spawning events should now work properly
- Firaxis projects The Manhattan Project, The Apollo Program, SDI, and The Internet now replaced with The Kassen Secret, The Baltimore Columbiad, Goldeneye, and Cyberspace, respectively
- 5 new wonders: Jurassic Park, S.H.I.E.L.D., Tortuga Harbor, the Soylent Green Plant, and Lanka
- new Civlopedia entries by Dibukk and johnny139

Download now!

*shrugs* i´ve downloaded it, installed it, start the game and load the mod, but other than having a little Fictionalization Text in the upper right, it remains all the same old BTS?

Fictionalization beta 4.0 is now released!

New additions:

- BTS 3.19 compatability
- Two new leaders, Shango of the Mali and Khan Noonien Singh of India
- a slew of new animated leaderheads by yours truly.
- Three new python promotions by The_J: Celebrity1, Celebrity2, and Celebrity3. With them units give 1, 2, or 3 happy faces when stationed in a city.
- Two new heroes: Don Quixote and the Superhero, a national unit.
- Sherlock Holmes and Fu Manchu now create 2241B Baker St. in friendly cities and Si-Fan in enemy cities, respectively
- religious National Units now require a monastery
- Barbarian spawning events should now work properly
- Firaxis projects The Manhattan Project, The Apollo Program, SDI, and The Internet now replaced with The Kassen Secret, The Baltimore Columbiad, Goldeneye, and Cyberspace, respectively
- 5 new wonders: Jurassic Park, S.H.I.E.L.D., Tortuga Harbor, the Soylent Green Plant, and Lanka
- new Civlopedia entries by Dibukk and johnny139

Download now!

Awesome, in the middle of a long game on 3.17 version, this will force me to upgrade :goodjob: This is my fav. mod for the game, much appreciated. I was wondering why S holmes And Fu M. didnt seem to have a function but they do force a attacking army to retreat 1 square in the older version.

Great! I've been looking forward to an upgrade for a while now... it'll be great to give the new wonders a spin and see your fantastic leaderheads in motion. :D

I guess, it's the problem with the double folder.

Look in your Fictionalization folder. Is there another Fictionalization folder in it? If yes: Copy all files from the second folder in the first folder.

It doesn't seem to be the case...

If the file is unzipped to Beyond the Sword/Mods folder instead of Beyond the Sword/Mods/Fictionalization, it should be fine.

I guess, it's the problem with the double folder.

Look in your Fictionalization folder. Is there another Fictionalization folder in it? If yes: Copy all files from the second folder in the first folder.
You´re right... sorry for this silly fault and thank you very much! :)

Btw. i have a suggestion for a new leader for China Liu Bei or Cao Cao from Romance of the three Kingdoms - a very important piece of chinese folklore.

Awesome, in the middle of a long game on 3.17 version, this will force me to upgrade :goodjob: This is my fav. mod for the game, much appreciated. I was wondering why S holmes And Fu M. didnt seem to have a function but they do force a attacking army to retreat 1 square in the older version.

Actually, Fu Manchu, as well the Djinn (and, I would think, other special spy class units as well) force a retreat out of the player's cultural borders, as if the player had just terminated an Open Borders agreement. This could amount to much more than one square, as in my current game, where I used Fu near a weakly defended city of mine that was surrounded by ocean and another civ. The attacking stack was teleported halfway around the globe!

This is also what makes the Djinn a good midgame exploration unit -- not only can he cross ocean, but he also forces barbarians off the goody huts that they're guarding, and takes the goodies in the process ...

Actually, Fu Manchu, as well the Djinn (and, I would think, other special spy class units as well) force a retreat out of the player's cultural borders, as if the player had just terminated an Open Borders agreement. This could amount to much more than one square, as in my current game, where I used Fu near a weakly defended city of mine that was surrounded by ocean and another civ. The attacking stack was teleported halfway around the globe!

This is also what makes the Djinn a good midgame exploration unit -- not only can he cross ocean, but he also forces barbarians off the goody huts that they're guarding, and takes the goodies in the process ...[/QUT

Thats a very handy use of them when a stronger civ attacks, it helped me hold off a large army until I rushed in help in my current game, however it seems like a bit of a cheat as well, how can a spy unit force a large army to retreat :lol:

Top Bottom