Accelerated production...

Originally posted by NiteCreature
Does anyone what this option does (gameplay wise)?

thx:)

It cuts in half the cost of units ....

I thought ... and was wrong ... that this applied to just the first few turns to get a faster jump on building your first military units, settlers, etc....

I'm currently playing a game with the preference for Accelerated Production turned ON .... and I'm well into the ADs .. and production is still accelerated ...

I most likely am playing my one and only game with it turned on. Would have been a great feature when I first started playing CIV3 so that I wouldn't have been WIPED OUT :cry: early on in my first few games!

IMO, its a NEWBIE THING :D

.... but it does speed up the start of the game!

It doesn't apply to the AI. Infact, you could make a mod to set the AI build rate to 100 (I forget the exact term). :)

Your 5 to the AI 100. 50x as fast!

BTW, the 1st time I tried it... the game put me in JUNGLE!!
The 2nd time, hills...

Wow...couldn't u make a sort of post-ww3 scenario where there's one superpower left who can't build settlers and the rest of the civs are constantly in the stone age (figure of speech) because of the fall out. First one who destroys the superpower wins:) (mmm...maybe this won't work as there are no events in this patch:confused: )

Just brainstorming here :crazyeye:

Originally posted by Chieftess
BTW, the 1st time I tried it... the game put me in JUNGLE!!
The 2nd time, hills...

WOW, I started on grassland with two cows and a wheat! AND, my first goodyhut produced a settler!

IMO, accelerated start makes the game too easy for experienced players.

Originally posted by NiteCreature
Does anyone what this option does (gameplay wise)?

thx:)

When will Firaxis OFFICIALLY explain accelerated production?
Look at the answers to this thread. No one seems to be certain what it means. As far as I could see it cuts shield costs in half as every other shield line in my city display were whited out. Whether the AI gets the same advantage I do not know.

But I do know that Firaxis has not bothered to explain this in any way whatsoever either within the game or in the 1.29 readme.

It certainly would have helped if the "readme" had included an explanation; however, this gives the player a chance to experiment and see what it does.

I know what it does for the PLAYER ... I don't know what it does to the AI controlled CIVS. IT really matters very little whether or not I know what it does for the AI. If it increases MY game enjoyment, I would most likely play with accelerated production; if not, I won't. Since its an option, it's my choice, not something FIRAXIS decided for me.

Top Bottom