Screenshots!

I started a new game with the new test map with historical location as The Principality (too bad, it's not Oscar II, I love his traits). This is explored world after 347 turns on Noble (I think, or easier) difficulty. Two neighbors are eying me with cautiously: The Collective and Crytallin. We've never been in good term since the beginning, and Cautious is the best term I ever get from either of them (The Collective was annoyed initially). Being sandwiched is not a good situation... One of them must go.

I've been building armies to attack one of them, but need to make sure my other end is covered just in case if the other decides to join the fray. The good thing is that the elf nation Federation is an old buddy of mine, as well as Elchers and Thormshammir are on my good side. So in the worst case scenario, I think I might be able to request help from my friends.

Nice. Both the Collective and the Crystallin are famous backstabbers. Beware so they dont charge in as soon as you declare war on the other. Keeping a substantial reserve for defense on the other side is advised.

Damn those Elchers seem to be doing fine in the west. It's good that we soon get the Vestalla as a counter against them on the western frontier...

This is the new Gregory Lyssander. The old one looked a bit too plain. He's wearing the imperial Robe of Tamriel in the Elder Scrolls, and if there's anyone in this game that deserves that robe, it's old Gregory.

A total make over, huh? The new one looks almost a serene venerable old man. But I guess you can't never judge a book by its cover. It's usually the quiet person who is the most dangerous one.

On the other hand, The Emperor looks almost young/green and a little too handsome or even pretty? :D I'd expect a crazy young man like Civ4's Alexander, but I guess we need the Empire to fight on the good side, hehe... Although I am sure the emperor would have some corpse inside his closet as well. Speaking of which, is The Empire a rebel out of the Principality, like coup d'état, and gobbled up the Federation?

The Empire is really a Fairy Tale EU. It was supposed to be a union of the free and civilized nations, that, after the First Great War, combined their efforts to guard against further such great conflicts. The Union seems to have failed in some respects. The Crystallin were never incorporated, and the Viking remain in their homeland in the north, although these two powers are indeed associated with The Empire.

At the Second Great War, the Crystallin and the Vikings finally vassalized and paid tribute to The Emperor, as unity was the only way to save the free world from the darkness in the East. My vision is that the Empire ends the game as a true unified, one state with the initial "good" nations in combination. At the end of the game and the victory in the Great War, they will also have liberated Angleeye and reinstated it as a normal kingdom - and a part of the Empire. I haven't described these last events as yet though, and I don't know if I am going to either.

I'll leave the continuation of the story to Fairy Tale 2. ;)

I finally conquered all of the Crystallin's cities. Fortunately, The Collective didn't take the opportunity to strike at me when I was busy with Crystallin. It was a two part war, as in the middle of the campaign, I had to declare peace due to the increasing number of the unhappiness citizen caused by Regent's Statue of Crystallin.

I don't normally take a vassal, be it a beaten enemy or weak ally. If I can take it by force, then I shall do so. I will only take a vassal if the nation is quite a bit distance from me, or I don't see any advantage controlling their land, or I need a buffer state between me and the mightiest enemy.

One of these days, I should take time to sign up for a free image hosting account...

Really nice screenie. And that's a good main army you've got going there too! That veteran Grande Armée, can probably take on the Collective very efficiently too.

I use Photobucket for my pics, but there are loads of sites out there to use. It makes it easy to publish pictures on forums like this too! Recommended.

OH yeah, I have veteran swordsman that are imbued (lack of word that I can think of) with Great General, they can kill anything in the city with 4 level of city-attack promotion. Of course my Goblin Avanger (I think that's the name) and Princess are also veteran by now. However, you can't imagine how many catapult I've lost in order to bring down enemy's Goblin Archers's Strength before my army rush in the cities. I can't wait until I have a mage that can bring spells into the battlefield (very soon).

Gregory has some powerful units, like Deathroller, and that mecha-like unit. I'll have to be careful with my line of attack; better make sure that my army aren't caught with pants down in the middle of the fields.

The magician is one of the absolute best units in the game. Once I held up an entire large army with just a magician and a spearman in a castle in the countryside; the enemy didn't move and didn't attack either. Our Magicians were just pounding away at each other and it was a real artillery duel. Really realistic for medieval warfare too; and I think it was the turning point in that war, because he had invaded my land and pushed deep.

Get those magicians pumping out as soon as possible! There are later game upgrades to the magician too. I believe he gives even more collateral damage.

This is perhaps not an impressive screenie in any way, but this is the first picture of the Kingdom of Angleeye. Angleeye - Anglia. Oh, and BTW. That flag was the absolute first flag I created for Civilization. That flag was my first mod for this game! It was created back in January 2010 for my mod The Hundred Years' War, and now I'm reusing it here!​

In real life, those Three Lions are actually the age-old symbol for the English Royal Family and England in general. Here, it symbolizes Angleeye.

So I started the game of The Rise of Zuur scenario. I have to say they've got very powerful infantry for conquest. However, the demon lord is not up to my expectation. Even though he is quite intimidating, but he isn't as fearsome as some other units in the game. Oh well, he is still awesome for wrecking havoc the battlefield :D

:lol: Don't you think Sauron is fearsome enough!? :D

I should change that hero unit. It began as a kind of a bad joke. Or rather, leave him there just for the hell of it. :crazyeye:

Two New Leaders

Two new leaders coming with Version 10. Princess Erinna of Angleeye and Edward Roberts of Vestalla.

Excellent. I can paste all the leaders myself when you send me your Vestalla update, so you just need to put in a placeholder in the meantime.

Preview of Angleeye

Some Preview Screenies of the Kingdom of Angleeye, which will be included in Version 10 of Fairy Tale. I played a testgame up until the outbreak of the first really big war, which will be fought against the Principality, and will be a hard - but very much fun - nut to crack.

So I decided to zoom in to Hellsgate, since I am in a conquest to conquer the collective asses of, well, The Collective. Then saw the huge tall tower. Is that... Saruman's tower? :D

Also, you can see the font I am using (Arial Narrow), it's not as small as Civ's original's font, but still slimer than the font you were using initially. IMHO, it looks nicer on the screen, though some may hard to see due to the transparancy skin you have for the game's HUD.

That font DOES look a lot better. I will change it to that one in the main game too! :goodjob:

And yeah. That's Saruman's Tower. :D Here it takes the role of the Collective Great Hive. The building gives a huge advantage for the Collective to pump out troops and also reduces war-weariness. Along with the smaller Hive, which you also see in there to the left, this is a lethal combination. Watch it when you go up against the walls of Hellsgate and go well-prepared!

Top Bottom