Glory of the SPRRR (Senate and People of the Real-senate Republic of Rome)(RFC RAND)

I decline this pledge, as it gives th eopposition no way to have a hand in the government. The governor thing also gives too much power to the consuls by being able to veto the governors decisions.

Ah, you bring up a good point. WIM and dommy DID take office. So therefore they CANNOT take office again. Good point ninja even if you didnt mean it that way. I had completely forgotten about that. You have my thanks.

Id rather not right now aysee. I would have thought you would be able to guess the general direction of them though.

I decline this pledge, as it gives th eopposition no way to have a hand in the government. The governor thing also gives too much power to the consuls by being able to veto the governors decisions.

Ah, you bring up a good point. WIM and dommy DID take office. So therefore they CANNOT take office again. Good point ninja even if you didnt mean it that way. I had completely forgotten about that. You have my thanks.

Id rather not right now aysee. I would have thought you would be able to guess the general direction of them though.

Umm... You guys were just consuls, we weren't. Its not a democracy, but I oppose the rule anyway and ask it be overturned. Let the people of Rome decide.

You two were consuls first. All 4 of us were overturned at one point. I think the rule should be reset every 40 turns, but still remain in effect so that people cant be consuls twice within those 40 turns. It seems fair enough.

It IS a democracy, partially anyway. The Consuls are elected, therefore they are part of a represenative democracy.

Then say that a rule change can only be changed by so and so. Dont say its not a democracy, which different people can take to mean different things.

How about whoever is elected? Another member in the two parties that have the highest vote count?Dom and WIM arent the only people in the thread...

Seems to be alot of questions
In your civic mod, are the civic stability penalties bonuses changed? You know these ones (there is lots of text in the spoiler):
No, I was to lazy. Just changed what they did. It was originally used for unmodded civ, but I added to code to make it compaitble with Rhye. The expansion civics aren't edited at all.

Incorrect, if their parties get more the 40% of the vote, then they can run again.
I meant, a rule change would be decided by Ilduce and only Ilduce...
Actually the consuls have partial control over rule changes

no, i was meaning things like, time a consul stays at power.
I know. But changing civics also classifies as a constitution change. However to change the time a consul stays in power needs an overwhelming majority of the senate, and cannot be changed if there is a dictator in power.

I sign the pledge with one exception. Should someone who did not sign the pledge either A. Takes power as a dictator or B. Starts acting terrorist-like my pledge is null and void.

I think that in the even of a GMC victory they should be allowed to take power, because they did not even get to govern due to a revolt springing up.

Also, about governors, I think that they are a bit underpowered. I think it would be better if governors COULD vote in senate issues, but for balance Councils are able to veto their decisions. What do you think?
That weakens the governors. The point of them not being able to vote is they are busy ruling the section of the country that they don't have time to make a daily trip to Roma and therefore can't vote. Also the cities are to far away from Roma for the consuls to have any affect on the governors actions, which is why the governor's are appointed in the first place.

The current voting tally:
Bel 5
Imp 5
Lib 2
Ind 1
RLF 1

That weakens the governors. The point of them not being able to vote is they are busy ruling the section of the country that they don't have time to make a daily trip to Roma and therefore can't vote. Also the cities are to far away from Roma for the consuls to have any affect on the governors actions, which is why the governor's are appointed in the first place.

I get your point, but who would want to be governors then? No voting in the senate makes whoever’s party they belong to weaker. It makes them very unattractive IMO.

What about this? Governors can vote in the senate, but to balance them if a council disagrees with their decision then they can put it to a vote in the senate. I know it would make it slightly unrealistic, but it would make governors much more attractive IMO.

:D

Its not a council! Its a CONSUL!!!

No. The governors would be overpowered, and the consul, as already explained, isnt allowed to interfere with the cities the governors are governing. Thats the whole reason the governors exist.

Although for gameplay and practical reasons i think governors should govern areas of cities, not single ones. We just dont have enough people.

Top Bottom