Quick Questions and Answers

Yes, yes you can. Go to My Games/Civ 5/UserSettings.ini and find "SkipIntroVideo = 0" set it to 1 and now you will be done. Now remember, you will nwo see a black screen, which is required for the game to load up, but it's less annoying as the intro.

thanks for the link - the search function does not seem to link to posts that have the info. my next ? is ... does influence with a city states decrease slower if you max out the meter (120?) or is it a function of policies. I do notice that after assisting a CS in war the meter maxed out and falls at a lower rate, but can I get the same from gifting gold or is trying to keep the CS an ally a better option?

thanks for the link - the search function does not seem to link to posts that have the info. my next ? is ... does influence with a city states decrease slower if you max out the meter (120?) or is it a function of policies. I do notice that after assisting a CS in war the meter maxed out and falls at a lower rate, but can I get the same from gifting gold or is trying to keep the CS an ally a better option?

You can't "max out" a meter, I'm pretty sure you can have influence higher than the meter lets you see, which is why it might seem to decrease slower.

The only two thigns that can affect slower decrase is Alexander's Unique Ability and one of the Patronage policies.

You can't "max out" a meter, I'm pretty sure you can have influence higher than the meter lets you see, which is why it might seem to decrease slower.

The only two thigns that can affect slower decrase is Alexander's Unique Ability and one of the Patronage policies.

Well. Also some city-states are "hostile" and influence with them always deceases faster than with non-hostile CSs. The Patronage finisher makes all other civs lose influence to all Css los faster. And it stacks. And finally (unconfirmed because I've never read about it - just observed it and I think it was not the patronage thing): I think when you went to war with a few CSs so that some of them declared permanent war against you, the influence with all/other CSs further decreases faster.

I'm pretty sure you can have influence higher than the meter lets you see, which is why it might seem to decrease slower.
You can. I've had influence as high as 360-ish before.

Hi all, I was wondering if nuking a city will kill all "aircraft" stationed in it including nukes and guided missiles?

Also, how do SAM intercept fighters? I have the impression that they will shoot any that hit friendly units next to them just once but then again I'm not sure...

And finally, where do I find my replays? I tried looking on my hard drive but Steam has so many root folders I'm just stumped! Using PC btw... :confused:

um, i think it only damages them badly, seeng as i had the misfortune to find out. there arent any replays, but there is a mod for it

After years of playing Civ, I am quite peeved that the designersof Civ5 left out great Civs like Carthage, Babylon, Spain and the Vikings.
I've seen threads on here where people talk about playing these Civs but i've only found mod downloads for Carthage, Dutch and Spain. Are there mods for Babylon and Vikings or is there another version of Civ5 out there that i haven't heard of? (like Civ 3 complete versus Civ 3 'vanilla' version)
I'd really like to play with more choices, and it's a shame the designers left out those 4.

Thanks

After years of playing Civ, I am quite peeved that the designersof Civ5 left out great Civs like Carthage, Babylon, Spain and the Vikings.
I've seen threads on here where people talk about playing these Civs but i've only found mod downloads for Carthage, Dutch and Spain. Are there mods for Babylon and Vikings or is there another version of Civ5 out there that i haven't heard of? (like Civ 3 complete versus Civ 3 'vanilla' version)
I'd really like to play with more choices, and it's a shame the designers left out those 4.

Thanks

Babylon, Spain, and Vikings are available for separate purchase as a DLC (as well as korea and the inca)
in the new expansion pack thats coming out, carthage and the dutch are 2 civs that are being added. check out the gods and kings subforum in the ciV forums, if you havent already :D

In addition to what FeiLing said in the victory screen you can check under the Diplomatic Victory section to see how many votes you and your competitors will get.

Please explain to me how exactly promotions work as I observed the following:
Sometimes I can attack with a unit (all movement point are used up) and I can still give that unit a promotion which it had saved up (Promotion saving is enabled).
Sometimes the same unit can not be promoted in the turn the unit performed an attack.
I don't get it :(

It should be that if you earn enough experience for a promotion, you take the promotion the next turn, and it can either be before or after you attack (though perhaps not an instaheal? I don't know). Bug perhaps?

As far as I noticed, you can choose a new promotion at the end of the turn, however, when you attack with a unit, you have to wait until the next turn to choose a promotion/heal.

However, if they only move, stay fortified, skip turn, you can still give them a promotion at the end of the turn.

It should be that if you earn enough experience for a promotion, you take the promotion the next turn, and it can either be before or after you attack (though perhaps not an instaheal? I don't know). Bug perhaps?

I know that an earned promotion is only available on the next turn.
I'm talking about a saved up promotions from earlier fights.
It seems to be a gamble when for e.g. I have a 7 hp unit with a promotion in stocks and attack a city with it. Sometimes I can select it after the attack and can use it's promotion. Sometimes not (can still be selected, but no promotion can be given). And if the later occurs, that unit will likely be killed on the AIs turn.
I'm not mistaking the/these unit with another unit either. It definitely had a promotion in stocks and this occurs quite often.

I know that an earned promotion is only available on the next turn.
I only play with promotion saving off, but with a unit with logistics (who may attack twice in the same turn), you'll get the opportunity to promote inbetween those two attacks (if the first attack took it over the XP treshold).

What it may depend on - this is a guess, though - is whether the unit has 'ended its moves' or not. So there could be a difference between horse units and other units as well. When a unit has 'ended its moves' then that's probably it for that turn.

What affects your title ? i.e. Catherine the Terrible, Catherine the Great, etc.

The title you get is based on your social policy choices. E.g. :c5food:Tradition=Lord Catherine of Russia, :c5citystate:Liberty=Consul Catherine of Russia, :c5war:Honor=Catherine the Great of Russia, :c5culture:Piety=Catherine the Pious of Russia, :c5influence:Patronage=Catherine the Enlightened of Russia, :c5gold:Commerce=Doge Catherine of Russia, :c5science:Rationalisim=Catherine the Wise of Russia, :c5greatperson:Freedom=President Catherine of Russia, :c5razing:Autocracy=Catherine the Terrible of Russia & :c5production:Order=Chairman Catherine of Russia.

Hope that helps! :c5happy:

Top Bottom