Quick Questions and Answers

Is there any way by which I can edit my initial save file(0 turns) and raise the difficulty level?
or perhaps save the map along with all Civ positioning and start a new game?

Bump: anyone?

Please explain to me how exactly promotions work as I observed the following:
Sometimes I can attack with a unit (all movement point are used up) and I can still give that unit a promotion which it had saved up (Promotion saving is enabled).
Sometimes the same unit can not be promoted in the turn the unit performed an attack.
I don't get it :(

I made a bug report with a detailed picture supported description here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11446777#post11446777
Please have a look at it!

Does anyone know how to destroy a city you already own? The AI is so dumb with city placing but I needed to keep a city to fight off thier attack, now Im stuck with an awkwardly placed city.

Does anyone know how to destroy a city you already own? The AI is so dumb with city placing but I needed to keep a city to fight off thier attack, now Im stuck with an awkwardly placed city.

You can't destory a city you built yourself. you can raze cities that you have conquered at any time, but you cannot raze your own cities.

Question:
When I declare war and conquer a few City-States other CSs ranomely decalre on me permanent war. Will CSs that I am allied with declare permanent war or is it only CSs I have no relation with at that point? Can I ally for e.g. all maritime CS and then kill off all others without losing my maritime allies?

How do I queue up technology? I have been watching some LP and I saw the player queue several techs in a row (with numbers next to each one, like 1,2,4,7 etc.) and it seemed like they were being researched in the order he selected them. How do I do this? I tried the same thing but neither right or left click did the same thing, it's just when I select a higher tech that it queues up for it by researching the prerequisite techs.

I have a question, has anyone ever seen the AI build any forts or citadels? I have not seen it yet and was curious if this ever happens. I feel in some cases it would help the AI a great deal on defense.

Also what does this mean?

Code:
<Leader_Traits>
		<Row>
			<LeaderType>LEADER_ASKIA</LeaderType>
			<TraitType>TRAIT_AMPHIB_WARLORD</TraitType>
		</Row>
	</Leader_Traits>

Does that mean he likes to invade over the sea?

I have a question, has anyone ever seen the AI build any forts or citadels? I have not seen it yet and was curious if this ever happens. I feel in some cases it would help the AI a great deal on defense.

Also what does this mean?

Code:
<Leader_Traits>
		<Row>
			<LeaderType>LEADER_ASKIA</LeaderType>
			<TraitType>TRAIT_AMPHIB_WARLORD</TraitType>
		</Row>
	</Leader_Traits>

Does that mean he likes to invade over the sea?

That's his unique ability.

That's his unique ability.

I see.

River Warlord:
Pillaging and destroying Barbarian camps and cities yield triple the amount of gold as they regularly do. Embarked units can defend themselves.

I see.

River Warlord:
Pillaging and destroying Barbarian camps and cities yield triple the amount of gold as they regularly do. Embarked units can defend themselves.

Pretty much, they don't share the same name as they appear in the game.

for example TRAIT_CITY_STATE_BONUSES is Ramkhamhaeng's trait.

Pretty much, they don't share the same name as they appear in the game.

for example TRAIT_CITY_STATE_BONUSES is Ramkhamhaeng's trait.

Ok, with Songhai are they going to add to their UA? Since in GnK all embarked units can defend themselves? I am curious if that bit of info has been released yet?

Ok, with Songhai are they going to add to their UA? Since in GnK all embarked units can defend themselves? I am curious if that bit of info has been released yet?

They haven't said anythnig about existing abilities, it's just pure speculation, but it's very likely that Songhai is gonna have a new/changed/modified ability.

They haven't said anythnig about existing abilities, it's just pure speculation, but it's very likely that Songhai is gonna have a new/changed/modified ability.

Yes, I looked in the UA thread and its all speculation. Something more to wait for news on as usual.

Question:
When I declare war and conquer a few City-States other CSs randomly declare on me permanent war. Will CSs that I am allied with declare permanent war or is it only CSs I have no relation with at that point? Can I ally for e.g. all maritime CS and then kill off all others without losing my maritime allies?

In my current game, it worked out exactly as planned and all allied CS kept being my allies.

Spoiler :
Anyone else noticed my questions here get rarely answered by someone else than myself? Probably not :crazyeye:

In my current game, it worked out exactly as planned and all allied CS kept being my allies.

Spoiler :
Anyone else noticed my questions here get rarely answered by someone else than myself? Probably not :crazyeye:

I wanted to answer but I had no idea if the Allies turn on you or stay loyal, and since I rarely ever ally myself when conquering them. I was dumbfounded.

I think its based on how many points you have at the end of the game and how fast you finish the game.

BZZZ, wrong.

The title is affected by the Policy Tree you choose, for example Doge will appear if you focus on Commerce, while Consul will appear if you focus on Liberty. Pious will appear if you select and focus on Piety.

I say focus because it doesn't matter how many policies you chose per tree, if you keep choosing Piety despite having Tradition fulfilled you will eventually become Pious, but I believe after a while it will go back to Tradition's title.

Top Bottom