LAN Multiplayer With MODS

blazekid87

Warlord
I have created this simple mod which enables multiplayer with MODS for LAN ONLY!! It requires that you overwrite a file so make sure u create a back up. It does not affect any other aspect of the game and should work with any mod or mod combination that works in single player. If you do not wish to play with a mod, do not forget to disable it from the mod browser.

Installation:
1. Unzip File
2. Copy contents to assets/UI/Frontend/Multiplayer and overwrite any existing file.

Use:
1. Activate your mod through the browser
2. Go back to the main menu and go to multiplayer and select LAN
3. Any enabled mods from the mod browser will now be available to play online through LAN!

Please leave any comments!:king:

Attachments

• Multiplayer.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 11,554
Would there be any reason that this mod doesn't work for us? We were sure to make certain that Civ was closed whilest the changes were being made. Two of us installed this together, simultaneously and no luck for either of us.
We tried every combination of installing deleting loading and reloading mods to no avail as well.
Perhaps it works but is somehow not seeing the mods? Where is the file that tells the singleplayer Mod system where to find the mods? Perhaps that type of info needs to be modded too?
Does this mod work for you? We are using windows 7 64 bit. (I have no idea what matters in this case)

you have to overwrite the files in your installation directory.

ex. C:\Program Files\Civilization 5\assets\UI\Frontend\Multiplayer\

NOT in your mods directory.

I couldn't get this to work either!

Though I noticed you can get the multiplayer option in the mods menu (mods dont seem to load though)

In Assets\UI\FrontEnd\Modding\ModsMenu.lua, change

Code:
--Controls.MultiPlayerButton:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eLClick, function()
    --UIManager:SetUICursor( 1 );
	--Modding.ActivateEnabledMods();
	--UIManager:QueuePopup( Controls.ModMultiplayerSelectScreen, PopupPriority.ModMultiplayerSelectScreen );
    --UIManager:SetUICursor( 0 );
--end);

To

Code:
Controls.MultiPlayerButton:RegisterCallback(Mouse.eLClick, function()
    UIManager:SetUICursor( 1 );
	Modding.ActivateEnabledMods();
	UIManager:QueuePopup( Controls.ModMultiplayerSelectScreen, PopupPriority.ModMultiplayerSelectScreen );
    UIManager:SetUICursor( 0 );
end);

and in Assets\UI\FrontEnd\Modding\ModsMenu.xml change

PHP:
<!-- Hiding for now until we readdress multiplayer and modding -->
<!--<GridButton Anchor="C,T" ID="MultiPlayerButton" Size="320,45" Style="ZoomButton" String="TXT_KEY_MODDING_MULTIPLAYER"> <ShowOnMouseOver> <AlphaAnim Anchor="L,T" Size="320,48" Pause="0" Cycle="Bounce" Speed="1" AlphaStart="1.5" AlphaEnd="1"> <Grid Size="320,48" Offset="0,-2" Padding="0,0" Style="Grid9FrameTurnsHL" /> </AlphaAnim> <AlphaAnim Anchor="L,T" Size="320,48" Pause="0" Cycle="Once" Speed="1" AlphaStart=".2" AlphaEnd="0"> <Image Anchor="R,C" Offset="0,0" AnchorSide="O.I" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/WorldView/WindowGlowRight.dds" Size="42,86" /> <Image Anchor="L,C" Offset="0,0" AnchorSide="O.I" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/WorldView/WindowGlowLeft.dds" Size="42,86" /> </AlphaAnim> </ShowOnMouseOver> <Image Anchor="C,T" AnchorSide="I.O" Offset="0,0" Texture="bar300x2.dds" Size="300.1" /> </GridButton>-->

<!-- Hiding for now until we address issues with multiplayer and modding -->
<!--<LuaContext FileName="Assets/UI/FrontEnd/Multiplayer/MultiplayerSelect" ID="ModMultiplayerSelectScreen" Hidden="1"/>-->

to

PHP:
<GridButton Anchor="C,T" ID="MultiPlayerButton" Size="320,45" Style="ZoomButton" String="TXT_KEY_MODDING_MULTIPLAYER">
<ShowOnMouseOver>
<AlphaAnim Anchor="L,T" Size="320,48" Pause="0" Cycle="Bounce" Speed="1" AlphaStart="1.5" AlphaEnd="1">
<Grid Size="320,48" Offset="0,-2" Padding="0,0" Style="Grid9FrameTurnsHL"/>
</AlphaAnim>
<AlphaAnim Anchor="L,T" Size="320,48" Pause="0" Cycle="Once" Speed="1" AlphaStart=".2" AlphaEnd="0">
<Image Anchor="R,C" Offset="0,0" AnchorSide="O.I" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/WorldView/WindowGlowRight.dds" Size="42,86"/>
<Image Anchor="L,C" Offset="0,0" AnchorSide="O.I" Texture="Assets/UI/Art/WorldView/WindowGlowLeft.dds" Size="42,86"/>
</AlphaAnim>
</ShowOnMouseOver>
<Image Anchor="C,T" AnchorSide="I.O" Offset="0,0" Texture="bar300x2.dds" Size="300.1"/>
</GridButton>

<!-- Hiding for now until we address issues with multiplayer and modding -->
<LuaContext FileName="Assets/UI/FrontEnd/Multiplayer/MultiplayerSelect" ID="ModMultiplayerSelectScreen" Hidden="1"/>

(ie take out the comments)
Anyone else get mods to work in multiplayer?

Doesn't work for me.

I just updated the download (Can be found in the first post). The problem was that mods would deactivate whenever creating or joining rooms. I have tested the current version and it works. Just make sure all players have the same mods activated or the game will just crash.:mischief:

I just updated the download (Can be found in the first post). The problem was that mods would deactivate whenever creating or joining rooms. I have tested the current version and it works. Just make sure all players have the same mods activated or the game will just crash.:mischief:

Holy crap, it worked! Thanks man :)

:goodjob::goodjob:

bump!!! this thread should be stickied!! this has actually made the game playable in MP, fixing a serious flaw that firaxis doesn't seem to care about.

Absolutely amazing! Everytime I think the Civ community has done their best, someone comes along and just does something truly awesome! I cant wait to try this.

I have a question, will this work with a Lan on internet program?

I couldn't get this to work me. I also tried altering my files like Dalnor suggested and that didnt work. Dalnor if your files worked could you post them please?

Dalnor's method probably does not fully work, as I do not believe there is backend code to actually handle the UI changes allowing mod multiplayer.

I have created this simple mod which enables multiplayer with MODS for LAN ONLY!! It requires that you overwrite a file so make sure u create a back up. It does not affect any other aspect of the game and should work with any mod or mod combination that works in single player. If you do not wish to play with a mod, do not forget to disable it from the mod browser.

Installation:
1. Unzip File
2. Copy contents to assets/UI/Frontend/Multiplayer and overwrite any existing file.

Use:
1. Activate your mod through the browser
2. Go back to the main menu and go to multiplayer and select LAN
3. Any enabled mods from the mod browser will now be available to play online through LAN!

Please leave any comments!:king:

Very nice, but you can't use maps :(
I would've very much liked to have used my map with InfoAddict in LAN

I too would like to see maps added if this is possible. I've been looking around in the LUA but have found nothing as yet that works (plenty annoyingly that looked promising but came to nothing) and I'm suspecting I just don't know enough. Perhaps if Blazekid87 could add map support that would be huge. Even if it required to activate a mod, something would be better than nothing. I just don't bother making maps anymore because they are currently not playable on LAN.

It in your "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v" (no quotes) folder :)

Hi,

Do you know how to play MOD in lan multpiplayer with this new version ?

Thx.

Im am also curious, any help out there? The game starts for us, but it doesnt seem like the mods are enabled.(they are though) Did the patch break this?

Top Bottom