6,050 Years in the Life of a Confused City-State

So where are these 3 updates I hear of?

One's here, one's in my narrative story and one's in my new IAAR as soon as I get the orders I need. Well, in theory. I don't get access to the computer that has Civ (and therefore my screenshots) for another hour and a half.

Choxorn: The next years passed quickly for the ...Nethermericanada Zealandians (whew, that's a bit of a mouthful, isn't it?), who were sure of their imminent destruction. Most of the council simply sat in their offices, waiting for the arrival of the apparently massive army of Tokugawa.
NinjaCow: The only mildly hopeful advisor was Yoshiegg the espionage advisor. His orders to train a spy in order to infiltrate the Japanese city of Satsuma paid off, and the spy stole the secrets of horseback riding. Meanwhile, another spy rose to greatness and settled in the city of ...Wellitawadam DC (you gotta love these people and their long name perks, don't ya?).
Choxorn: Sorry for us going on, but this bit of the history is kinda boring, so we really just want to get on to the interesting bit. And here it is.

620 AD. The city-state has been surrounded by Japanese troops, who have successfuly breached the city's meagre defences.

Olaf: Well, METY, what now?
METY: How am I supposed to know?
Omega: You're the damn Military Advisor! Whaddya think?
METY: This wasn't in the job description!
Olaf: Well, if it was, would you have taken the job?
*silence*
Olaf: There you go then. Logic. It always helps.
veBear: The Japanes troops are storming the city!
How many?
All of them!
Well, don't just sit there, do something!
veBear: *voice fading* Like what?

veBear is ignored as the other advisors and Olaf run off to do something - namely, cower behind the axemen.

veBear: Guys! Guys...? Help!...

veBear disappears. Meanwhile...

Ilduce: We won?

Olaf: I have a feeling there's somebody missing, but I don't know who... Anyway, victory celebration in the throne room!

Choxorn: Good evening, veBear. Welcome to the Narrator's Room.

Yeah, this didn't go at all as I expected. The Japanese army happened to consist of five units, and I had five Axemen, which ROFLpwned (for want of a better term) everything they had. The outlook is a lot better than I thought, and... er, I actually have a plan now :lol:

Sorry for the hiatus, everything just got a bit hectic for a while. Strijder, your bear does appear in the next update, it just didn't turn up because what I expected to happen didn't. Sorry about that, but it does help the little plotline I have going.

WHY AM I STILL NOT IN THE STORY? I'M IN THE FREAKING ARMY FOR GOODNESS SAKE.

Bad update.

Not to worry, you'll be in the next update, which runs parallel to this one to start with.

I'm not in the story...
That was not a triple update...

Not unless you follow my other stories it wasn't :p

Anyway, sorry it was so short, but momentous events are occurring and they deserve cliffhangers :D

More like you deserve an undeserved break.

Well, I'm stuck inside, another little update can't hurt.

When I can get my screenshots. :p

What am I now... another narrator :?

You'll have to wait and see... :evil:

Update within the next six hours, as seen in my sig :D

Update within the next six hours, as seen in my sig :D
Hmm...next update predictions in sigs...

Celtic Fury - Update within the next six months...

That wouldn't go over so well with a few of my readers. I think I'll stick with what I have. :D

...and on the topic of your update: POST IT!!! :goodjob:

Thing is, I write my updates on the fly.

As in now.

The same day, while All advisors are hiding behind various buildings

Nwahs: FOR FREEDOM!
Soldier: Sir, uh... *whisper*
Nwahs: Okay, from the top.

FOR LIMITED FREEDOM AND TYRRANOUS GOVERNMENT!

Soldier: Much better. Now, we fight?
Strijder: No, look! See those catapults?
Nwahs: Whoa, what? Who said that? And why is there a bear here?
Strijder: Dancing, talking bear, sarge.
Nwahs: Oh, that makes MUCH more sense. What in the name of Sid, SouthernKing and any three foreign deities of your choice are you doing here?
Strijder: I'm not at liberty to say, sarge.
Nwahs: And what if I ordered you to tell me?
Strijder: You wouldn't believe me, sarge. Trust me.
Nwahs: Well, at least tell me what in the blazes is significant about the catapults.
Strijder: They're advancing. They're weak. Cut them to pieces. Need I say more?
Nwahs: Well, alright then.

In the Narrators' Room:
veBear: And you're expecting me to believe that's actually how it happened?
NinjaCow: Pretty much, yeah.
veBear: And explain to me again the answers to the questions I asked?
Choxorn: And those would be?
veBear: What the heck am I doing here? Where is here? And... oh, yeah. Who in the blazes are you two?
Choxorn: In no particular order: The Narrators, the Narrators' Room, and listening to us answer your questions.
veBear: This is a dream, right?
Choxorn: Nope. A better way to put it would be that everything else was.
veBear: Um... what???
NinjaCow: I'll handle it, Choxorn. Let me put it this way: you, and all the advisors, and everyone else in your city are characters. In a story.
veBear: So you mean this is a metaphor?
NinjaCow: No. Not metaphorically. Really.
veBear: So, we don't actually exist?
NinjaCow: Well, that's the complicated bit.
veBear: I didn't see that coming... everything I've ever known turns out to be the product of somebody's imagination, and there are complications? I'm shocked.
NinjaCow: The complications, though, are that... you and your friends do appear to exist. And we managed to get you here through willpower. And you actually turned up.
veBear: Very nice. What's your point?
NinjaCow: The bloke who's writing this story, he named all the characters after other people.
Choxorn: Even us.
veBear: Wait, so that means you two are characters as well... help, this is getting a bit too meta.
NinjaCow: You're the sanest of your people. That's why we brought you here. We need you to go back there. Try and get this story... back on the right path.
Choxorn: And this meeting never happened.

veBear: I don't get it, but I'll have a go.
Choxorn: You'll know what to do when you need to. Trust us..

veBear vanishes, and reappears in the real world.

Choxorn: Well, this is going to be fun to watch.
NinjaCow: I love messing with people's heads.
Choxorn: Yeah, me too.

Suddenly... I grew mad :lol:

Top Bottom