Goz-1, I left my wallet at home, but...

Yeah, i really can't see us losing this one.

Wow, nice turnset! I was expecting more "fun" with Knossos, and I didn't expect Cathy's army to be so easily crushable but! Great job :goodjob:

Now we gotta push for Moscow. And maybe St. Petersburg too, in the end, it's in the middle of our Soythern Army's way to Moscow... ;)

Got it and play tomorrow! :)

Hiawatha will the tougher nut to crack in this game, did he ever go to war against Greece btw?

Anyways, looking good and we just have finish it now.

Lurker's comment: Those war agreements are really programmed badly. Hiawatha asks you to go to war, you do so a couple of turns later, then Hiawatha comes asking if you're still interested in the war??!! What the ###.
I hope they sort this out for Gods & Kings, this just ain't good.

Hiawata was at war with greece, he helped me a few times. Don't know if he still is though. I think so

Preturn: Kill a couple of units near Cumae and remove a Russian general. Shuffling units towards the frontlines.

The setup will take a couple of turns as we need to heal some Mandus. Upgrade some horses and make
peace with Quebeq and Brussels.

Turn1: Hiawatha denounces us and we get a GSci which I save for later.

Moving stuff.

Turn2: St.Pete has 3 pikes, so I have to play cat and mouse and concentrate on Moscow first.

Turn3: Russian pikes go all in against one mandu, who dies. Two of those pikes are now dead.
But we have a new general, thanks to the mandus sacrifice. I send the general west, with a LS.

The terrain around Moscow is annoying, but I should be able to attack very soon.

Turn4:Start attacking Moscow, one pike in our way stops me from taking the city.

Turn5: Greece denounces us, how sad.

Another pikeattack on a single mandu and we lost unit 2.

Ah well, we now have Moscow:

Our happiness drop from 8 to 0, I might annex another city soon.

Turn6: We learn Physics -> Gunpowder.

Just healing and moving fresh mandus closer to St.Petes

Turn7: Cathy wants peace for 200g, no thanks.

Have to get rid of 2 more annoying pikes, but I'm ready for St.Petes.

Turn8: No losses:

Start moving units south to Knossos, we already have 4 mandus waiting there as we're going to attack Greece next.

Turn9: I annex London and start a circus there. Belgrade gift us a horseman.

Turn10: I'm building a road between Moscow and Cumae. Moscow will come out of resistance next turn, St.Petersburg in 3 turns.

We have over 20 Mandus, so we just might look where we can build a bank or two.

We can also see if there are any CS that we can ally, Hanoi is one, hostile but have pearls. Hostile or not, it doesn't really matter now as happiness is premium.

Sorry for the short report, but family wants to drag me out. :)

Attachments

• gozAskia T150.Civ5Save
    918.9 KB · Views: 231
Very good! None of the others should be a problem, since we have the most military and the AI is ******ed.

Great! So... Greece is up next? Wonderful. I'll play ASAP tomorrow or Tuesday.

Things look pretty straightforward to me. Just keep building Horsemen to upgrade and overwhelm the remaining AI. I recommend taking the Piety opener for our next policy and then we can grab Organized Religion for our last policy. We may want to annex Moscow or Athens and rushbuy a Courthouse as well.

Greece goes next? Great.

As what jeffah said, even if I think we can squeeze in a bank or two...we have very few horses left. If we run out of horsematerial, LS is alway good.

Remember, we have a GG running west with a LS, they might find some barbs while waiting for the horde to join them.

We are building a road between Moscow and Cumae, finish it! Please;)

We also have a GSci sitting next to Cap, waiting for something to bulb.

Our happiness is in tatters, we might want to sort that out by circuses, colloseums or whatever. Or just annex another city, a GOOD city.

In the war against Greece, if you happen to take the capitol easy, I wouldn't mind if you took another city or two without deleting them. Sell those cities, to anyone for a few golds.

Pretty easy turnset to me, but jeffah will curse the Great Wall in next turnset :lol:

I not know how to take screenies :(

(and I'm too lazy to care that much :p)

Pretty easy turnset to me, but jeffah will curse the Great Wall in next turnset :lol:

Hey, at this point I am just glad to actually get to fight a war! All of my turnsets have been peaceful so far with the exception of 1 turn fighting Rome and 1 turn fighting Russia :cry:.

Ooooh, poor Jeffah ;)

Eh, uh, sorry, I had an exam on Poe's tales, and read a wrong version, so I had to read the 6 I hadn't yet yesterday afternoon. And today I shall go to the doctor, but I should be back soon enough.

Done! I still don't know how to take screenshots so, in general:

Moving a Carpet of Doom of Mandus to Alex.
Bought Hanoi's friendship... bought a colosseum, not enough money to ally :(
Production mixed: Colosseums, Markets, Trebuchets and Horsemen.
New policy: Piety opener.
I bulb Chemistry: We can build cannons!

158: Declare war on Alex... we go to -8 happiness and income drops.
159: Athens falls, I reorganize the carpet and begin an attack on Corinth. Sparta is about to be broken by Hiawatha, moving a Mandu, see what we can do.
160: Corinth falls, many things left to do, but we have a war going on an I want to give you freedom ;)

Attachments

• GozAskia_0160 - 1000 d.C..Civ5Save
    943.7 KB · Views: 213
Well, so much for me getting to do some conquering...:( Can't do much at -16 :c5unhappy:.

It looks like my turnset will be focused on fixing our happiness and gold problems before we push on for more conquest.

Some ideas for doing that:

1. Cumae, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Athens, and Corinth are not connected to the capital. Each connected city gives us +1 :c5happy: and trade routes so that is a priority. A couple road tiles between Rome and Cumae will connect Cumae, Moscow, and St. Petersburg for +3 :c5happy: and 3 trade routes worth 15 :c5gold: per turn. Athens and Corinth are too far away to connect anytime soon.

2. Sell excess cities to AI. This will generate :c5gold: revenue, cut :c5gold: costs, and alleviate a lot of our happiness issues. Good candidates for this are: St. Petersburg, Knossos, and Corinth. None of them have unique luxuries to increase :c5happy:. St. Petersburg has a lot of Horses though so I think the Greek cities are the best choices to sell. Darius will give us 212 :c5gold: for Knossos and he will give us 45 :c5gold: for Corinth and that will remove 12 :c5unhappy:. We only need capital cities for the Domination VC and those cities are weak anyway so why not ditch them?

3. Sell resources to Darius. We can get about 325 base :c5gold: (unless we sold him cities first) and some gpt by selling excess resources.

4. Finish building a mine on the Silver near Jenne. That will be +4 :c5happy:.

5. Use gold revenue from trades to annex Moscow and buy a Courthouse. This should help some.

6. Use gold to finish allying Hanoi for their Pearls. Probably not worth it because we have DR on gold gifts and they are Hostile so it won't last long.

Doing most of these I should be able to get us to even happiness fairly quickly and get us some gold to work with.

I will likely try to make peace with Alex while I position to invade Hiawatha. I will probably only take Grand River (It has Silk and possibly Chicken Pizza) and his hidden capital to limit :c5unhappy:. However, that war will probably not be finished before my turns end.

We should get Organized Religion in the turnset after mine which will give us the last bit of :c5happy: needed to attack Darius and Rammy for the win.

Top Bottom