HELP !!! Error Loading Font (error Code 28)

QooQoo

Chieftain
anybody can help ? when I launch PTW version 1.21f, I hit this error "Error Loading Font (error code 28).

I've tried removing all Lucida fonts in my System directory ... ....

Help ......

If you have a non-US version and you use that US patch it won't work correctly. (Not sure, I have no experience of this problem)

I have encountered the same problem, and I am using the US version of PTW.... can anyone help?

I found a way around this problem, I shut down a bunch of extra programs running in the background (sorry forget which ones, just shut down as many as i could to speed things up and it worked for this as well...lol)

ps sorry about not replying sooner i forgot all about this forum, have not played the game much lately, too buggy

I bet one Euro that you own a logitech mouse. And the trouble is caused by em_exec associated software

under W98 just hit CTRL+ALT+SUPPR and kill this em-exec task

This is the ticket.

Thanks for your help Halsey

Vortex

I get the same problem at loading the unpatcher version of CivIII Gold. Cutting all the underlying programs back to Explorer and Systray doesn't do a thing either.

the method that works on my computer is that you change the file names to short ones,e.g change infogrames interactive to civ3,etc. at least it works on my computer

Top Bottom