Overcoming the odds: Civ rejects friendship?

Prozac1964

Warlord
Hi everyone, I'm trying to see if I will ever be able to make friends with a certain civ. Just so you know, I'm playing Brasil - single player - settler skill - and have already won a domination victory. However at turn 500 I was not satisfied with my level of domination.

So I used the, "Wait just one more turn" feature and kept on destroying the world, all except for The Netherlands, which I did not attack for sentimental reasons: I have a real life son and a daughter that live in The Netherlands so I have not attacked them. :)

I'm not sure what all penalties I've incurred, but Netherlands will no longer give me the option to make a friendship agreement. I've given them tons of gold and other resources/luxuries, thinking that might help, but still no love. Also gave them 2 city-states and liberated one city. Nothing I've done seems to be enough to make peace with them.

What will it take to make them friendly again? I sure don't know.:confused:

Did you recently try to make a DoF with them but they refused? I think there is a certain time you have to wait before you can try another one.

Did you recently try to make a DoF with them but they refused? I think there is a certain time you have to wait before you can try another one.

No DOF for a very long time, and now the option doesn't even show up in the menu anymore...

No DOF for a very long time, and now the option doesn't even show up in the menu anymore...

I have no clue. Best thing to do now is continue to gift them stuff.

You prob have a lot of warmonger hate, try liberating some city states that have been taken. Denounce anyone they hate.

I don't think there's anything to denounce, from what he describes it's just a huge BRazil and Netherlands. lol

yeah to destroy the world means you killed off a lot of civs. That means there's no going back. They may never like you. And sense you can probably destroy them with the press of a button they'll always be on the defensive

yeah to destroy the world means you killed off a lot of civs. That means there's no going back. They may never like you. And sense you can probably destroy them with the press of a button they'll always be on the defensive

Nice feedback. Thanks. I'll probably just let The Netherlands be, and start a new game. Maybe I'll give them everything I have as a parting gift. :):D

Yes. Give them everything as a parting gift. Watch as their happiness goes down.

The best way to make friends in this situation (after you've whacked the whole world) would be to use your great generals to grab land by their capital. That way, you spread your peace and love to their lands. And snarf their luxes. They will thank you in the following screen for bringing your enlightened culture to their lands.

(You are waaaaay past the point of reconciliation already.)

Top Bottom