Global Highland Challenge Pitboss

^
Yes, I checked again (for the fifth time today :lol:). I have:

My computer - Program files - Firaxis Games - Sid Meier's Civ 4 - BTS - Mods - No Score - Assets

DMOC: are you still looking into this or do you want any help?

Just to clarify, are you saying that right now you are able to connect to the :2057 address (so we're past the original error) but get a 'protected assets' error for the :2057 address?

Are you able to connect to other pitboss games without hitting the protected assets error?

If yes, it implies a problem specific to this game - most likely with your install of the mod. Can you try removing the NoScoreV2 folder and downloading / reinstalling it again? BTW, I assume there is a typo in your earlier post and that you actually meant that your directory structure was:

My computer - Program files - Firaxis Games - Sid Meier's Civ 4 - BTS - Mods - NoScoreV2 - Assets

Correct?

I can also setup a dummy pitboss server (with the some mod) later this evening for you to connect to to make sure it's nothing specific to Geronimo's server. I'll try to do that later this evening and send you the connection details to try out.

If no (i.e. you get this error connecting to any pitboss game) then we've got a different problem...

Also, do you have enough disk space for a dual install? That's could also be worth a try to ensure you don't have any corrupted files or extra files lying around that's interfering with the protected assets check..

Maybe it is a problem with your router/firewall blocking this specific port. Have you tried to add the port to the firewall/router exception list?

@DMOC: I put up another NoScoreV2 pitboss test game at munro-pitboss.no-ip.org

Do you want to see if you can connect to that either?

(If someone else could independently verify they can connect to this ok and post here to confirm, that would be useful too).

Edit: thanks slaze

As it seems DMOC has still difficulties to connect, I kicked him to AI. I'll send the information to USun by PM.

Well, I load the mod and log, but then the game kicks me because of different files...could it be that I'm using CIV Complete?

You should ignore the message and proceed. It should work.
It is due to my game, but I don't know what is the cause.
It works fairly well for another game on the same computer.

When i unzipped the contents it didn't work. I had to take the files and shove them up a folder. This is the same problem as DMOC

Well, I load the mod and log, but then the game kicks me because of different files...could it be that I'm using CIV Complete?

Make sure that it is is in the mods section of Firaxis Games, rather than in My documents. Also make sure yo have it just as mods/noscoreV2 rather than mods/noscoreV2/noscoreV2, which is what I had at the strrt.

I get the different files message as well but I just press Ok and then continue to log in the game without further problems.

Geronimo have you messed with the game files on the hosting pc? Trying to do some manual modding?

I get the different files message as well but I just press Ok and then continue to log in the game without further problems.

Geronimo have you messed with the game files on the hosting pc? Trying to do some manual modding?

It is an old installation from which I upgraded. Maybe there are some old files remaining in CIV4 directories? But I cannot solve it without a whole reinstall...

About U Sun, he seems to have game crashes when logging in. It may be because of the NoScoreV2 mod installation?
Hereafter I copied the PM he sent me:

I ignore the message but the crash to desktop happens automatically. This is not the civs list message about different files, but a message appearing when the very game is loaded - followed by instant ctd.

It is propably the mod causing the crash, bad instalation, who knows...maybe this is a conspiracy to restart a game because of my bad starting position :lol:

It is propably the mod causing the crash, bad instalation, who knows...maybe this is a conspiracy to restart a game because of my bad starting position :lol:

I could live with that. Actually I could live with just restarting this map. I had a settling error on turn2.:crazyeye:

Well I went into the game with no problems earlier today, so I really don't see a need for the game to be re-started ... unless we're dropping down the number of people involved since we seem not tobe able to find another player cabale of loggin in. In that case, we should re-pick Civs and Leaders as well since it'll be a different game. <shrug>

Top Bottom