Communication teamwise

Caledorn

Emperor
Would it be an idea to share some contact information with one another outside of the forum, like e.g. an email address or something such?

Since this is my first demogame, I'm unfamiliar with the usual way of handling these kinds of games - but I wouldn't mind sharing my email address (or IM information) with everyone in the team.

The only mandatory people who should share their contact info is the King and the adminstrator. The rest of the kingdom can if they like, it really depends on how much you want to be active within the team. Alas, the king can always demand everybody post such things :)

For my part I will certainly provide pertinent contact information so I am easy to get in touch with. As I am the only OOC (Out of Character) position I will be sure that I am equally contactable by everyone (with the exception of private communication from the King) shortly after the new King takes the Throne. Any other communication structures that are put in place are by leave of his Highness.

I humbly suggest that grace is shown to those that wish to place a less active role and keep their online game very seperate from their real life.

Availability would be a key question to ask those gaining support for the Throne that I honestly hadn't thought about - but it really is fundamental. What will the Kings availability be like? What does he expect of his appointed officials in terms of availability, particularly key positions (if he chooses to appoint them) like The Chamberlain, The Grand Marshal, The High Comissioner...

The only mandatory people who should share their contact info is the King and the adminstrator. The rest of the kingdom can if they like, it really depends on how much you want to be active within the team. Alas, the king can always demand everybody post such things :)

Since I intend to be an active participant, I will post my contact information here right now - I can be contacted on caledorn@fein.no (and this is also my MSN Messenger email, so if you should wish to add me, feel free. Please include a short note in the contact request that you are a member of Team Merlot in the demogame, since I use the "Verify friend requests" option).

I humbly suggest that grace is shown to those that wish to place a less active role and keep their online game very seperate from their real life.

I most definitely agree to this point. The forum provides Private Messages that works too - the reason I wanted to join this team is because I have never partaken in demogames, and I think they look highly interesting. At the same time, being part of a team like this provides a lot of opportunity for learning the finer tactics of the game etc. As such, I feel it is in my interest to be contactable. :) But not everyone might feel as comfortable with this as I do - and that should be given respect, even though we are all part of a tyra.. erm.. sovereign state!

Availability would be a key question to ask those gaining support for the Throne that I honestly hadn't thought about - but it really is fundamental. What will the Kings availability be like? What does he expect of his appointed officials in terms of availability, particularly key positions (if he chooses to appoint them) like The Chamberlain, The Grand Marshal, The High Comissioner...

It will be highly interesting to see how our team develops in this, and other, regards! :)

Not being funny but what's wrong with PMs and the forum? You can set it up so you get an email telling you you have a new PM if you're worried about missing them.

Úmarth;9024055 said:
Not being funny but what's wrong with PMs and the forum? You can set it up so you get an email telling you you have a new PM if you're worried about missing them.

Good point! One of the reasons why I thought about it is that some intrigue-wise discussions that might arise could require some quicker talking than 2-3 messages per day. And, there is the matter of us having to complete our turns in time. :)

Top Bottom