Tabula Rasa: A Mafia Game

The Mafia get PM's saying "Hey, you're mafia, here are your teammates, go kill people". The innocents don't, cause we're all random townies, there'd be no point in PMing us all to say "You are a random townie, you can vote, kill the mafia", because we already know that.

Also, when mafia send their kills, they will also include a clue. As I've explained on the front page, clues start off either TRUE or FALSE and then must alternate. So T->F->T etc. or F->T->F etc.

For example,

Bobbtjoe was killed when a giant frog crashed through the roof and crushed him.

If I sent this in, it would be a TRUE clue because a giant frog is a reference to Balfrog, which is one of Balrog's transformations in Cave Story, and Balrog is my avatar.

If someone else sent it in, it'd likely be a FALSE clue to frame me.

Night the Zeroth

The townspeople all came straggling back out. It was clear that everyone had had a bad night's sleep; it's probably not possible to sleep too well considering that murderers were about, so we can't blame them. When they got to the town square, beside the statue of Mayor Meilleur they found a mysterious man. His eyes looked, inexplicably, like they had seen these events play out, again and again, in many universes. He looked like a man who was cursed to see Mayor Meilleur die, over and over again, and to watch the ensuing madness as the town degenerated into paranoia, only escaping in some universes. Of course, this was all patently untrue.

"Hello," he said solemnly. "I have some bad news."

Bobbtjoe was found dead sitting on a stool with a rating chart next to him, torn up in a million pieces.

The crowd murmured. He raised up a hand to stop them.

"That's not all."

Choxorn was killed by a stampede of Zebras

"Before you go on accusing each other of crimes," he said, with a tinge of regret in his voice, "maybe you should elect a mayor for tiebreaking purposes."

--

Votes for a lynch in bold! You get one vote for every remaining mafia member! So you get two votes.

Votes for mayor in bolded magenta!

What he said.

"Stampede of zebras", apparently, is a bio-ethics term. "If you hear hoofbeats, don't look for zebras." Meaning, be cautious about making surprising diagnoses. Oddly appropriate for a mafia game clue.

Or that meaning might be completely unintended. It's short enough to suggest that it's false, so I shall ignore it.

First thing that comes to mind when I see 'rating chart' is the scoreboard in Zack's Sith Lords game, which is headed by electric926. Since I'm ignoring the first clue, may as well put a second vote on someone else on that chart: CivGeneral.

I should be the mayor because my surname is Meilleur, too.

I would like Owen Glyndwr to be the mayor.

Catharis for being the first person to suggest themself to be mayor. I don't know if its him, but getting a mafia into mayorship would be a very bad thing.

Zack because he is the head honcho of mafia, and is the governor of multiple mafia worlds and has influence far beyond this one (Basically a random vote;))

Catharsis for his avatar looking like of of those birds who peck on zebras and Dom3k for having a large number in his name (with the second clue), plus other reasons. what does the mayor do?

what does the mayor do?

"Before you go on accusing each other of crimes," he said, with a tinge of regret in his voice, "maybe you should elect a mayor for tiebreaking purposes."

Although of course, I have a variety of ethical and environmentally-friendly policies as well.

CATHARSIS FOR MAYOR 2010

:king: <- mayoral crown

By the way, the day ends August 4th at 10:00 PM. In the future I'll include this information in the update post itself too.

Get cracking, everyone!

Catharsis makes a good point about electric926, and I'm inclined to vote him for mayor because he has followed The Academy even though he isn't in it.

I have yet to decide who to use my other vote on.

"Stampede of zebras", apparently, is a bio-ethics term. "If you hear hoofbeats, don't look for zebras." Meaning, be cautious about making surprising diagnoses. Oddly appropriate for a mafia game clue.

Or that meaning might be completely unintended. It's short enough to suggest that it's false, so I shall ignore it.

First thing that comes to mind when I see 'rating chart' is the scoreboard in Zack's Sith Lords game, which is headed by electric926. Since I'm ignoring the first clue, may as well put a second vote on someone else on that chart: CivGeneral.

Your analysis of the clue sounds good to me. I agree that it could very well be a false one due to the brevity of it. And the list analysis makes sense as well. I'm going to follow your example and vote electric926. I'm not going to give a second vote, however, as I think the idea of random voting to be completely idiotic, and generally doesn't work.

I agree with Zack that Catharsis should be mayor as he's the only one thus far to even try cracking the clues, which is our only way to even stand a chance against the mafia.

Catharsis for mayor, because I like his logic. Also, electric926.

catharsis. It's electric!

I'm willing to think the ratings chart is music related. Which might also be zack as he has a queen avatar.....But I've never done this type of game before.

Although of course, I have a variety of ethical and environmentally-friendly policies as well.

CATHARSIS FOR MAYOR 2010

:king: <- mayoral crown

"I am Catharsis, and I approve this message" should be posted somewhere.

Bluuuuh, huge bandwagon, don't like that, it usually means I'm wrong. :sad:

You do get two votes, guys. May as well use them. I'm switching my second one from CivGeneral to Owen Glyndwr for saying that random voting is idiotic and then not giving a second vote. If you think a clue is false then random voting's all you can do, man, but if not, then it's time to solve those clues, not run from the vote!

Get cracking, Owen. Show your working.

By the way, the day ends August 4th at 10:00 PM.

10.00 PM in what timezone?

Top Bottom