Alone in big island in ocean.

MightyMite

Chieftain
10 min. ago I started another Immortal game,just to test my 2nd favourite civilization: Egypt. It can be build at least 12 cities on the island,a lot of great resources ('couse I put strategy balance type of game). There is no one on island,I even won't be able to make ocean-trade-routes with someone. :( This is really strange to me,couse I've never found myself in that situation,and couse I always have a lot of trade routes with that Great Merchan bonus stuff. So.. how to adopt my play style for this situation? Tnx.

Well, being isolated has its own advantages. Watch your gold income and connect all your cities by means of roads and harbors. There's really no one to send trade routes to, not even city-states?

What type of map is it?
You can fill out the liberty tree to get a free Great Admiral who can sail oceans.
Otherwise for gold income try and grow big cities & build city connections. If you can get machu picchu that helps.
Founding a religion with tithe is also advisable.

Skip military early on, use trade routes to boost your food, then make sure to explore asap so that you can sell/trade the additional copies of all the luxuries that you grabbed.

this is good in a way. This means u must focus on your navy. Plus the AI sucks at naval warfare. Make sure all your waters around the island are guarded. Loads of frigates submarines etc.

Yeah, being isolated allows you to ignore military for some time. Trade routes can still be used internally. Watch your capital grow to absurd heights. Like I said, you need to watch your gold per turn carefully, though.

Well, that might just be one of the rare chances to get Sacred Sites ICS strategy going on Immortal, you just have to make sure u find the rest of the civs before you take the reformation.

Well, being isolated has its own advantages. Watch your gold income and connect all your cities by means of roads and harbors. There's really no one to send trade routes to, not even city-states?

I put 22 Civs,with 12 city-states. No one to trade with. Only with myself,which will bring me some food.

What type of map is it?
You can fill out the liberty tree to get a free Great Admiral who can sail oceans.
Otherwise for gold income try and grow big cities & build city connections. If you can get machu picchu that helps.
Founding a religion with tithe is also advisable.

Map is: Continents Plus. On this map I usually get 2-3 mid-size continents (compared to huge continents on normal continents map),with 2-3 large islands,and a lot of small islands for city-states,if u have luck you can get this.

Top Bottom