Votes: 11 14.3%
  • Science

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Diplomatic

Votes: 35 45.5%

• Total voters

Tyrvos

Cu Chulainn
Assuming a standard map and size, which victory type do you consider the easiest?

With the AI's poor use of money and lack of diplomatic skill, I'd say diplo victories tend to be the easiest. Most of my victories tend to be them, since it really just comes down to good gold generation in Single Player. In Multi-Player, it's definitely a different case though.

No contest. Economic... sorry, "Diplomatic".

Money is very easy to come by. If I'm failing at Domination, Science, or Culture, I'll just settle for the easy Diplomatic Victory. Sometimes, when seeking one of the other 3 VCs, I have to purposely avoid winning by Diplo by not using all of my votes.

I turn off diplo victory in my games because I find it too easy and kind of a boring way to win. Now I usually win science victories, as that is also one I don't really need to specifically focus on to win (tech is important anyway). I really have to change my game plan to win cultural or domination victories though (I usually ignore tourism and am a peaceful player), so those are a lot harder for me.

Diplomatic victory is my form of Domination victory. I just blow away any civs who won't vote for me.

I do wonder how diplomatic victory works in multiplayer. Surely you'll very, very rarely get a situation where one play has all city states and can vote their way in, and no one would vote another player into victory. I play MP, but play it friendly-ish, so dunno how a 'real' comp game would work.

Its possible to win it with Greece I guess. While money matters a lot, when your influence drops only by 0.25/0.37 sooner or later you have em all allied :)
Other than that SV is the easiest thing to do usually, and CV - the hardest. Domination is somewhere in the middle :)

Science.
You haven't to care about exploring, you can settle on non coastal tiles on continents maps. You don't need money or only if you have lack of aluminium (Liberty instead order).
It's not the faster, but easier to manage with AI on every level.

With the Fall BNW patch, this is now Cultural.

But it used to be Diplomatic when BNW was first released. (And in G&K it was Science)
What happened is with the threshold for vote count greatly increased on standard map size and above it now basically requires Globalism.
But that is the same place in the tree as the Internet; and also diplomats were given a buff to counter the ideological penalty and so I'm finding average turn of victory for a cultural victory is now a few turns earlier than diplomatic.

For me it's science. No need to micromanage in later part of the game. Beeline science buildings, save faith then bulb GS after plastic til your done. Rush buy or use saved up GEs to finish parts. It's a no brainer victory condition and the laziest one I could afford to play. Culture needs commitment, domination to a certain level as well. Diplomacy is also about saving up money and getting forbidden palace, then focus on science to reach information era ASAP (to unlock world leader vote and then globalization). Science on the other hand doesn't need wonders, you can win regardless of porcelain tower or Hubble space though you will just prolong the victory turn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I'm just playing without a predetermined VC, I just kind of fall into a cultural victory. I play on King so I'm not really making it too tough. Once I get Archeologists all over it's like a tidal wave, send Great Musicians out at any other heavy culture civ's, and the game is over before a chance at diplo.

Like someone mentioned earlier, diplo is actually an economic victory. Kind of makes me feel dirty.

None are 'hard', like cultural in days past. I like BNW a lot but it is rare to have a close match, seems once you get past the early game you can work any strategy for a win. Bad city starts can be rough but only because of early warmongers. A number of mods definitelly help raise the bar but the AI could use a shot of steroids.

None are 'hard', like cultural in days past. I like BNW a lot but it is rare to have a close match, seems once you get past the early game you can work any strategy for a win. Bad city starts can be rough but only because of early warmongers. A number of mods definitelly help raise the bar but the AI could use a shot of steroids.

I don't think that's such a good idea. The AI is irrational enough as is, and getting roid rage would probably exacerbate that problem. I'd say the best course of action would be a comprehensive study regimen in history, economics, and military tactics, as well as some basics in human psychology.

Sorry I misread as "fastest" and voted domination. :/

Diplomatic is beyond a doubt the easiest 99% of the time. However, on lower difficulties, if you're the Huns and get an early-game Battering Ram from a goodie hut, Domination might technically be easier as you can crush everyone before they get beyond a Warrior or two.

Top Bottom