Civ 5 Mods Not Working

Setrax

Chieftain
I downloaded them through the ingame menu, but they are not showing up...

Do I have to do something else?

And how do I browse for ones I already downloaded from this site?

Are you trying to play them in SP or MP, because they are disabled in MP at the moment.

CS

Single player.

I download them through the in game menu, then go to "Installed" and there is nothing there.

I press "install mods" and nothing happens.

Seams this is a problem for many players, for me too.
Yes, the mods are not illustrated as installed in "Installed" window. To be more precise, the screen from step 9 from this tutorial http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=382525 is empty. But the files are available in Mods directory.

Many people who answer this question in other threads do not undersand the problem, unfortunately. They think we didn't press "Install mods" or something.

The only semi-decision I've found is to copy some maps to Maps directory from My Documents\etc.. Then you should see a map when you choose a map, but the starting locations of civilizations will be incorrect.

Hope decision will be found soon...

Now, I'm not quite sure what advances the patches have made, but that same exact problem has manifested itself into JUST ONE modification in my downloads list. The Italy: The Renaissance mod downloads perfectly, yet does not advance to the process of actual installation. That is, after downloading, there is no INSTALL MOD button in the INSTALLED tab. Later, I found that when I restarted Civ 5 it had not even registered as downloaded, so I had to download the whole thing again to no avail. Still no install possibility.

Any way I could check if the file is reaching my computer? Any way I can contact the author? And so on and so forth.

Oh and thanks for answering my terribly needy first post!

I am also having this issue. CCMAT does not turn up after install, or if I clear all mods, it does, but after I install the mod, it does not appear to be able to be activated or turned 'on' it is simply GONE.

I don't get a "Mod" button in the game menu... Playing on an imac. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

My problem is that when I install the mods, I can't start their campaigns or that Specific mod only..
So stuff.. is not showing up properly.

So i was having this problem myself and i figured it out. You must first extract the mod you downloaded using a program such as winrar. Just make sure you extract to a folder in the Mods folder. Once extracted, it will appear in the installed mods menu

Hi all,

I wasn't sure if it was frowned upon to begin a new discussion thread for a seemingly common problem so I decided to post in this one:

I'm having some trouble with installing mods as well. For some reason, I can't get past step 6 as seen in this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=382525.

Once I click the "Download" button nothing happens. Literally. Nothing shows up in the "Downloads" tab. Nothing is indicating that some change was made. No green progress bar. Nothing.

I called Take 2's customer service and the tech I spoke to has never encountered this issue before. I Googled for nearly an hour and also went as far as reinstalling the game but to no avail.

Has anyone else gone through a similar problem?

I was able to download mods and install. When I look at the installed list it has all the new mods listed. However, none of the changes have taken effect. I tried restarting the game and restarting the pc. I even tried disabling all of them and nothing seems to work. The game and steam are saved to the c:, so it seems to be something else that has not been addressed in the forums I have seen.

After further tinkering, I finally figured it out.

My issue is I can download and install most mods (some seem to download but not appear in the selection process)... but when i start them the Starting Locations are all over the place.

This has been a bugbear of mine with Civ V. I can guarantee I won't be buying the next one unless it has FULL Earth maps with correct starting locations AND continental maps wit the correct starting locations. I think Civ is getting worse on each release.

Even if I download a mod with 'True Starting Locations' they're all randomised. If Civ was going to do that why include an Earth map at all? Or real world civ's?? Makes no sense.

They may as well just make up loads of nations and maps and city names...

If anyone knows whats jumbling up my start locations I'd be grateful to know. Thanks.

If the Total War series ever start at 4000bc and let you build cities I am leaving Civ far behind. And I've been a player since the first one on the Amiga.

I have an issue to where all of my mods can't be used they all have Missing required dependencies, I have almost most of the DLC installed on my laptop and before then all my mods seemed to have worked out find but one day they all said "Missing required dependencies" I really don't know how to get my mods working again and I would like to figure out how to get them running again and how this happened in the first place.

Top Bottom