CIV Startup issues

i_imperator

Imperator
Hi

So over the last couple of weeks ive been having issues with civ v.
When i start up the game i get the steam box (the preparing to launch civ v) , and then the DX9/DX10 window appears up twice, (the first time it appears at the same time as the launch box). When I start the game the process lingers for a few seconds and then crashes.

I have the following steps attempted

Verifying the Files
Re-installing the entire game, Multiple times,
Deleting the launcher.exe before re-install.

I did get an message about steam cloud, so i have a feeling it has something to do with that however i'm lost at the moment and would really like some help. Re-installing seems to fix the issue for a few days but then it comes back. Im really at a loss, and I would like to fix this issue once and for all as it has been persistent for the past few weeks. Any suggestions would be welcome.

What did you do to fix it?

What did you do to fix it?

Deleted the folders in my documents and in steam common for civ v, attempted a re-install that didn't work, i got an error which said there was a missing excutable so i exited steam deleted the appcashe folder rebooted and it worked again.

Im just worried that ill have this issue again in a week, it can be frequent but if it is ill be back on this.

Technically verifying local files should solve it. I have my doubts though. It seems that there may still be corrupt files that it is not catching. It may be that some of those files are not even checked, however deleting them should work. If Civ5 needs them, they will be replaced.

Top Bottom