Hi i have a modding question: I changed leader traits in xml but they have old traits

Xanikk999

History junkie
As the title says i changed the leader traits for several leaders and they all have the old traits when i start a new game after loading the mod.

I dont know if i moved the files right or what when making the mod. Its very simple. All i did was copied the assets folder to my mod folder and i made some changes. I have the configuration file and all the original assets and the modified assets in the assets folder in the right place.

So could anyone tell me why when i do custom game after i load they have the old traits? I changed washingtons traits, for example to protective and charismatic because i feel these are more accurate.

However when i go to custom game it says he has expansive and charasmatic the old traits. Someone please help.

BTW this is warlords.

Nobody can help me?

Sorry for bumping again but i really need help with this. Reading the tutorials doesnt answer my question.

I cant it says its an invalid file...

hmm, wierd. Also I just re-read your first post and you don't have to copy all of you assets. All you need to copy is what your changing because Civ4 recognizes that your missing some files and will check the main dirictory for those files.

I don't know how I could help you then If I can't see the files, Just check your work..etc

G'luck

My advice is to zip or otherwise archive all your altered xml files, then post that file in this thread-so that people can examine it.

Before you do that, though, track back through the file pathway to make sure you are editing the right version of the file. This may sound silly but trust me, I was having a problem like you described, only to discover that the file I was modifying was different to the one in the games I was launching :mischief: :blush: :rolleyes:.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Aussie_Lurker.

Ok i re-did the mod so it has only one change to the entire game. Washington is charasmatic and protective and thats it. Now im uploading it and going to see if it works for me.

Attachments

• Xan mod.zip
    23 KB · Views: 74
I redid the mod and it worked! I dont know what was wrong though..
Washington is now protective and charasmatic!

:thanx:

Top Bottom