Civ 5 Icon Competition - Final Round!

Which icon shoudl be adopted by CFC as the Civ 5 Icon?

• [img]http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/icons/civ5/entries/entry69.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
Ok - the preliminary voting has finished, and its down to the final round.

To all those that had entries that didn't make it through to the final, commiserations, but thank-you for your entries.

Because Group C had 3 tied for 5th place, I've include all of them.

Voting will remain open for one week. In the event of a tie, we will have a final vote.

oilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and irulent ermin anguarding ice and ouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengence; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me .

:( Only one option that had the numeral 5. Then again, it made my particular vote easy.

Some of the others are good enough but IMO there is nothing clearer than the number 5 when distinguishing it from all the other civ icons 1 through to 4.

The nostalgic value of a V is greatly outweighed IMO by the much clearer distinctiveness of 5.

At least on my monitor and with my eyes, yellow and white are hard to tell apart on such a tiny icon.

oilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villian by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and irulent ermin anguarding ice and ouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengence; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it is my very good honor to meet you and you may call me .

You watched a movie recently?

My problem with the 5 is that the civ part of it doesn't seem very clear to me... it's very small.

IMO... either the 3rd one or the 7th one. The 3rd is very clear a simple, a big obvious V that couldn't mean anything else. The 7th is nice and neat and fairly clear but then maybe not as easy to read due to the smaller text size.

I think I'm going with the 3rd actually.

I agree with your subtle implication.

Needs sticky-ing.

I think I'll save my vote until I see what the leaders are after a couple of days, although I'm leaning towards the second one...

It seems like a lot of options for a final vote. I would've expected at least one more run off with 5 or fewer candidates.

I think if none of the choices gets better than 50% the top two should go into a final runoff.

:( Only one option that had the numeral 5. Then again, it made my particular vote easy.

Some of the others are good enough but IMO there is nothing clearer than the number 5 when distinguishing it from all the other civ icons 1 through to 4.

Seconded.

The civ in the civ5 could be a bit bigger, but IMO nothing is as visually effective at a glance than civ5.

I even had to change my vote for the final from option 12.

There seem to be too many candidates. That means the distinctive ones like the plain "V" and the one with a "5" will get more votes because people who like those have less options (in the case of the "5", only one option), and "cIV" variation ones will split their votes.

It'd be fairer to have a run-off between the top "ciV"-style vote getter, the top prominent "V" vote getter, and the top "5" vote getter - which are basically the top 3 in voting right now.

I don't really care what it ends up being, and I actually prefer the simple "V" because it's dramatic and clear, but just thought I'd point out that.

There seem to be too many candidates. That means the distinctive ones like the plain "V" and the one with a "5" will get more votes because people who like those have less options (in the case of the "5", only one option), and "cIV" variation ones will split their votes.

It'd be fairer to have a run-off between the top "ciV"-style vote getter, the top prominent "V" vote getter, and the top "5" vote getter - which are basically the top 3 in voting right now.

I don't really care what it ends up being, and I actually prefer the simple "V" because it's dramatic and clear, but just thought I'd point out that.
Agreed, people may now see the ciV and like it, but all the people who want a sign like that divide their votes amongst several candidates. The '5-people' have one candidate.

To make things right another poll may be warranted to be fair.

If I am looking at a post for 5 seconds, I will be mistaken alot if the logo has a CiV format.

Look at the forum! It is Civ4 and Civ5 general discussion, not CIV and CiV general discussion. Which one is less confusing? The one with numbers.

I have to go with the logo with the number 5 in it. The others might take longer than half a second to recognize when casually reading posts.

Civ5!

I think it's time for a different background colour, hence voted for the gold.

Top Bottom