Another WW2 scenario

I moved all my original folders from their locations (except for the animation files) and used the downloadable files to verify it works. Again for me the game starts just fine. I cannot replicate the error here, so I am at a loss [pissed].

I did find a minor bug right away, but no errors. I forgot to give the SM-79/84 the torpedo bomber promotions, which kinda makes them terrible bombers. I've already gone ahead and begun uploading a fix for the bombers.

As far as the crash goes, I'll have to think about what the cause might be for a while longer. The more information you can provide about exactly the process you go through to get the scenario to install/start, the better chance I'll have to figure out what is going wrong. I'm inclined to think there is simply something going wrong with setting up the game, since I wasn't able to replicate the crash even while using the download exclusively to run off.

do you have units above ID n°255 in the units table ? I'm having the same issue with my mod when I hit the 256 limit.

strange things was that it wasn't working on the earth map, but the europe map was loading. I tested a few change, cleaned IDs (removing vanilla units, dropping and recreating the table), and then it worked again. But as soon as I tried to give an ID > 255 to one unit, even one not on the map, I'have the same message as reported here.

I've no idea why it was working on my PC at one time with some units above id max, then no more...

It occurred to me that maybe there is a problem with the common resources folder for your civ 5, as this is the only part of the installation that I skipped.

I took snip images of all the relevant folders and the condition they are in for me. They are attached below. Your folders should match mine aside from all those extra mods I have in my MODS folder.

Attachments

• mods.PNG
    mods.PNG
    71.1 KB · Views: 154
  • common folder.PNG
    common folder.PNG
    70.1 KB · Views: 136
  • common2.PNG
    common2.PNG
    27.3 KB · Views: 145
  • common3.PNG
    common3.PNG
    86.7 KB · Views: 190
do you have units above ID n°255 in the units table ? I'm having the same issue with my mod when I hit the 256 limit.

strange things was that it wasn't working on the earth map, but the europe map was loading. I tested a few change, cleaned IDs (removing vanilla units, dropping and recreating the table), and then it worked again. But as soon as I tried to give an ID > 255 to one unit, even one not on the map, I'have the same message as reported here.

I've no idea why it was working on my PC at one time with some units above id max, then no more...

Interesting information. Thanks for the help. It seems to work on my pc for whatever reason then too.

To clarify, yes I do indeed have unit IDs >255 on the unit table.

Well I am slightly tempted to cry. (not really but still)

Any ideas on how to fix it? D:

Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. I wonder if you can post with an attachment a couple files on here for me. That way I can check to see if they match the ones I have (which I suspect they might not). The files are located at:

C:\Users\owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\WWII Full Earth Campaign Part 1 of 2 (v 5)\XML

"Units_Delete.xml" & "Units_3.xml"

Just put them in a zip file if they cannot be posted alone. Both are well within size limits on here.

Well I dont know if this helps, but I cant upload either because they are "invalid files"

I figured they probably wouldn't load alone. Can you put them in a zip file and load them that way? I know zip files are allowed.

Thanks for posting.
Well, so much for that idea. I guess I was thinking/hoping that the game somehow cut off the unit table at ID# 256. But unfortunately they look fine. It really makes no sense that I am able to run past ID256 and yet others get the error/CTD.

I think someone mentioned the mod still runs on a blank map, so the problem might lie with the map. Once again though, it's supposedly the same map that I use... :wallbash:

If you don't mind posting another attachment, it might still be useful for me to check the map you guys are using myself (sorry if this sound dumb, but I can't think of much else). I can take a look at it in WB and see if anything looks odd, and then test it out in game to see if I get the error.

Ha! Do I mind, anything that might make me able to play.

Attachments

• Map.zip
    54.9 KB · Views: 161
Thanks, but again everything turned out fine. At this point I have no ideas on how it can be corrected.

Perhaps it has something to do with our computers? The game runs quite slow for me even though it works. I'm using what I consider to be a pretty good machine here, so on a more average PC it's plausible that the map won't even load. I assumed the game would just chug along even slower, but crash?

I5 655k dual core 3.20 ghz
4gb ram
windows 7 home premium 64-bit
PALIT GTS 250 1GB video card.

I consider mine to be a pretty nice machine too. I am able to move up to 8 gb of ram, if you think that would help.

That's pretty much equivalent to what I use, except for the ram. I upgraded to 12GB a while back (mostly for civ5).
I wouldn't be so bold as to recommend upgrade though. Mainly, I am just guessing that the pc might be the issue because all other potential causes seem to be ruled out. It's easy to blame the black box in cases like this.

If someone else get the map to play and happens to have a large amount of ram, while not having any other explanation for why the scenario works, then that would be a stronger indication. So far though, not 1 person (other than me) has stated the scenario is working for them.
I did notice that some people still rated it good on the in game mod browser. This makes me think there must be a few people who have gotten the map to play (why would you rate it good if it crashed?). It would help if 1 of them mentioned it on here if that is indeed the case.

Well I have the ram just laying around, it would take 10 minutes tops to get it in, I have experience taking apart this computer anyway.

Or maybe I can't add the new ram, something with the hardware went wrong, so I guess I can't test that theory.

Ah that's too bad. Was wondering if that would do the trick. Hopefully someone with a good pc that has a lot ram will come along and enlighten at some point.

I am also having the same "assertion failed" problem. I tried install ver 3 and 5. Same thing always happen when i load this scenario. I really hope that i wont have to buy more ram...:sad:

My hardware is:
Intel Core I5 2500k @ 4,5ghz
8gb 1600mhz ddr3
ati radeon 5870
Win 7 64bit

Top Bottom