How can I activate mod please?

JiM_cz

Chieftain
It's going to be a layman question but I've just downloaded two mods (less warmonger hate & more luxuries) but all I've got are two files *.civ5mod. Where am I supposed to do put them? There is no readme file with additional instructions.

Thanks beforehand.

You can right-click and open them with WinRar. Then copy all the documents/files/folders inside to a new folder (Name them like the mod would be named) and put that new folder into the Civilization 5/MODS directory on your PC.

That is, if the game doesn't automatically unpack them if you go into the Mods menu.

You can right-click and open them with WinRar. Then copy all the documents/files/folders inside to a new folder (Name them like the mod would be named) and put that new folder into the Civilization 5/MODS directory on your PC.

That is, if the game doesn't automatically unpack them if you go into the Mods menu.

And then I should enable them in Mods (or DLC) menu in the game, is it right?

The Mods menu, correct. It should give you a list of all your mods at that point, just check them, continue on to Single Player and voila. Do note that you won't get achievements when playing with mods.

Thanks for help.

Is there any way I can check which mods are being used in already started game?

Not that I am aware of, sorry. It should tell you if your loaded modset is incompatible with the game you're trying to start, though.

There is a way... You know how when you go to load a saved game, to left of the selection queue there's a window that shows what civ you used, map settings, etc.? If it's a modded save, in the bottom right hand corner it should say "MODS". Click on that and it will show you what mods were used in the game. Hopefully that made sense.

However, you can't load any new mods into a modded save, nor can you load a modded save if one of its mods are missing from your MODS directory. The exception: mods that have "Affects Saved Games" set to "No". Although, almost no mods actually do that, and the ones that do are mostly graphic mods.

It's going to be a layman question but I've just downloaded two mods (less warmonger hate & more luxuries) but all I've got are two files *.civ5mod. Where am I supposed to do put them? There is no readme file with additional instructions.

Thanks beforehand.
Click the subscribe button of the mod you want in the workshop and enable it in the mods menu.
No need to hassle about with files and folders.
And also it keeps the mods up to date if newer version come out (eg after a patch)

And also it keeps the mods up to date if newer version come out (eg after a patch)
And deletes them without any kind of prompt if a Steam update goes wrong, (or if the modder takes them down)

Top Bottom