When do Antiquity Sites stop appearing?

Crimson13

Prince
Do they all finish showing up when you get the Archeology tech along with the Hidden Antiquity Site policy or can they show up when you advance a era?

Do they all finish showing up when you get the Archeology tech along with the Hidden Antiquity Site policy or can they show up when you advance a era?

They all show up at the same time. When Archeology is researched, and when you finish the exploration tree, respectively.

I take it this means that the locations of all antiquity sites in the world are fixed the moment the first civ researches Archaeology?

And in the same way, I suppose the locations of all hidden antiquity sites are fixed the moment the first civ finishes Exploration?

I guess they are fixed when the game starts, to avoid any problems with other bonus tiles.

But this might cause problems with city placement so I guess they are actually generated when the tech is discovered, would make more sense.

I thought the sites, probably not all, are based from past wars. For example, a spot where you killed a barbarian in ancient era could potentially become antiquity site later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess they are fixed when the game starts, to avoid any problems with other bonus tiles.

But this might cause problems with city placement so I guess they are actually generated when the tech is discovered, would make more sense.

It could still cause a problem if someone else discovers Archaeology, the computer determines the locations of the antiquity sites, and then you unknowingly build a late-game city on top of one of the antiquity sites.

I actually had something regarding this happen to me in my game yesterday. Oo

I had NOT yet discovered archeology an I settled a city in the late renaissance on a two-tile island an an empty jungle/forest hex. A message popped up asking me if I was sure because the improvement "antiquity site" would be permanently destroyed.

I think some AI already had archeology, so maybe the spots were already generated. Seems it warns you even if you don't see the sites.

I actually had something regarding this happen to me in my game yesterday. Oo

I had NOT yet discovered archeology an I settled a city in the late renaissance on a two-tile island an an empty jungle/forest hex. A message popped up asking me if I was sure because the improvement "antiquity site" would be permanently destroyed.

I think some AI already had archeology, so maybe the spots were already generated. Seems it warns you even if you don't see the sites.

nice!

never seen that ever.
So in the end, it would be that:
1. the first civ that discover archeo generates sites around the globe
2. from there, even if you can't see them yet, there is still a "protection" for those sites.

Bonus question: are hidden sites generated at the same time or not before someone first finish the exploration tree?

Top Bottom