Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have windows!

• I didn't read the post.

• Total voters

Mr.Evan

Chieftain
After I made a fix for Cave Story+, I encountered a problem opening my Civilization V: (complete edition.) I fixed Cave Story like this:

Open up /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app
Type "cd /", press enter. (Type it without the quotes -- same for all of the commands below.)
Type "sudo ln -s", press space, but don't press enter yet
Find the data directory for Cave Story. It's in the standard SteamApps location. One easy way that works for me is to right click on Cave Story+ in the Steam apps list, select "Properties", go to the "Local Files" tab, then press "Browse Local Files". This will bring up a folder with a bunch of stuff in it, one of which is the relevant folder called "data".
Drag the data folder into Terminal.app. This should add a bunch of stuff to the command you started typing earlier.
Type a space then a period. Your command should now look something like this: "sudo ln -s /Users/josh/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Cave\ Story+/data ." -- the location of your data directory may be different if you moved the Steam library, and of course your username is probably not "josh". But you get the idea.
Press enter. You'll be asked for your password, type it and press enter. (It won't appear on the screen, that's fine, just keep typing.)
This will create a new folder called "data" in the root of your hard drive. This is what makes the game work -- don't delete it.
Try running Cave Story again, see if it works. This worked for me.

Top Bottom