Games "freezes" while loading saved games....

squiglybob13

Chieftain
So after lurking around the forum for a couple hours, I decided to ask for assistance. As the title stated, the game locks up when I try to load saved games. It does freeze in the normal way, I just get the spinning globe and the HDD access light on my PC stops blinking (implying it's not actually loading). I know there's been lots of threads about this problem and I looked at just about all of them. Some of them had solutions but they either didn't work or it was a different situation.

I have no special characters in the file path to my 'My Games' folder or installation. I didn't download any patch since I saved (last night). I haven't tried saving a new game and loading it but I will after this. I'll post my save and dxdiag if anyone wants to take a look at them.

I played for 5.5 hours last night and would hate for all that to be lost so any help is greatly appreciated :/

*DISREGARD ALL THIS*

I just solved it. In the 'My Games' folder, the Civ 5 folder is 'Sid Meier's Civilization 5'. Which means the game doesn't even like apostrophes in the file path. I tried saving a new game to the steam cloud and it worked fine, so I copied my main save to the steam cloud folder in the installation directory and renamed it and....VOILA it worked perfectly!

So my next question: is it safe to rename the folder in 'My Games'? For example can I rename it from 'Sid Meier's Civilization 5' to just 'Civilization 5' and have it detect the saves? If not at least the steam cloud works but that's something I'll have to remember every time lol

Attachments

• Oda Nobunaga_0233 AD-1615.Civ5Save
    741.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DxDiag.txt
    44.2 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom