The future of Fall from Heaven

I skipped the last 4 pages of posts, because everyone is saying the same thing, which I'll now say:

OMG

Although I am not a fan of that genre, I have played FFH and see why it's so cool. I might even buy the game, even though I am not into that kind of thing. GOOD LUCK (But you won't need it.)

[Paranoid Mode]Is anyone the slight bit suspicious that Kael hasn't added any additional information about the standalone FfH?[/Paranoid Mode]
Seriously though, awsome job and if it gets made I'll definatly buy it. FfH is still amazing; a free mod that is in many ways more inventive, varied, and polished than most company made games I've seen.

First Reaction- :wow:
Second Reaction- :dubious:
Third Reaction- :faint:

Congrats Kael!:goodjob:

I think people are forgetting this was originally based on a D&D campaign, with the figures we know in the game being PCs or NPCs. If they are releasing a stand-alone, it may be in that direction, either an RPG game, or the actual campaign world for D&D through WOTC.

Or maybe a MMORPG. That would be interesting.

That occurred to me too, after I made my first post...about assumptions. I thought there was some sort of non-digital FFH game in the works, someone made fan cards or something. It would be odd if kael didn't use his acquired computer skills somehow.

Or maybe a MMORPG. That would be interesting.
I've thought about what this would be like. I think it would be cool to have players choose a religious faction to champion, being able to convert the nations to your cause and negotiate alliances, with eventual end game goals for each, such as AV trying to end the world and reseting server, etc.
I like pvp games like Warcraft, but they're so static in the long term, it would be cool to be fighting over something consequential.
( above is not news in any way :p )

I was refering to last year... but maybe it wasn't E3. If not I can't remember which gaming convention it was. None the less, FfH was mentioned at some convention...

Sid Meier mentioned FfH in the keynote address of this years GDC.

I think Magister knows something... (he is in Kael's head after all)

My theory- Fall From Heaven: Talisman!! (y'know, the board game)

I will purchase FFH Standalone just to pay for the endless hours and unbelieveable enjoyment I've gotten from FFH2.

If FFH Standalone is awesome too, then I will pay for FFH Standalone by purchasing your next project after that :) .

Was that news?
That's not news, unless one had not heard about it yet. I think Kael was just clearing up the confusion about where and when FfH had been mentioned.

I think the news loocas was talking about (if that's the news you're asking about) is the news that a stand-alone FfH game is in development.

FFH (among other mods) has also been referred to a couple of times in Civ5 presentations at GDC and PAX East as examples of why modding in Civilization is important and why Civ5 has much better modding tools and support.

One of the direct references I remember hearing was something along the lines of 'Mods such as Fall from Heaven have been limited to fan community audiences. With the modding hub all players of Civilization V will have access to these popular mods.'

Top Bottom